• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If we can trade down with the Vikes for #11 and #23, I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Fashnu, Latham or Fuaga @#11, and one of these guys at #23:

image.png
    'Cat.... think 'tis more likely we would draft one of 'em @69, as their (avg overall) rankings are along the lines of 65, 72, 94 & 92 respectively.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

According to the Trade Value Chart, the Jets' trade would require 400 points to get from #10 to #5.
      According to the Trade Value Chart, that's what a 2nd round pick is worth. Since the Jets don't have a 2nd round pick in 2024, that would mean a 2nd round pick from 2025 draft. It's just simple Math... there are no snacks needed.

Personally, I'd take the Jets 3rd rounder this year and their 2025 3rd rounder. We wouldn't be getting over-value from a Jets trade (since they'd be going after Joe Alt most likely). Obviously, the Vikings trade would bring more... because trade-ups for QB's typically demand an over-pay.

Getting any extra draft pick is smart... especially when you're probably targeting a specific guy @#10 or #11 anyways (Fuaga). Why wouldn't you take the extra picks...? It's just smart.
      guessing it's already been pointed out, and.... the pick in lieu of a 2024 2nd rounder, would be a 2025 first, and.... their third rounder this year would have to be paired w/a 2025 second (not third) for the math to work.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

not true..... most RT's are taken after the first round..... most Left tackles are taken in first round.... some near top of the round.....
        signed Lane Johnson/Penei Sewell....

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

you do real eyes that Odunze would be the third wideout drafted to spell/replace MW.... Palmer (contractual hedge), QJ, and now Rome, and.... don't disagree that not only might he be a better fit in our O/scheme, and.... won't be surprised if the both of he and Malik are the better NFL wideouts than Marvin ??
          I can't imagine that QJ was drafted to be MW's replacement. To me they are complete opposites. QJ to me would have been KAs replacement.

I do agree and wouldn't be surprised if both are better than Marvin but it's such a crap shoot so who knows.
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree... the 2 super elite generational players in this draft are Bowers and Harrison..... and this draft is super deep at WR and OT/OL.....

it would be ideal and awesome to trade down and get Bowers, but, if he drops much lower than our pick at 5, Reid will trade up for him as Kelsey's future replacement.....to ensure their offense is unbeatable.....you can draft great WR's after the first round.....Jets will take Bowers at 10, so we have to take him before that.... taking a tough, fast, dominating, matchup nightmare player who will be the top player at his position for over a decade is not stupid.... Bowers can play TE, big FB, and big WR positions.....
            well, it ain't gonna be Minny/LAC, Denver nor Telesco that trades down w/them, and doubt N'awlins has much interest in the such, and.... one of those are needed to get ahead of Indy, and then Cincy.... ??

in fact, the aforementioned are prolly more interested in trading up than down.... ??

personally suspect their best (only) chance would be to trade up w/Jax (prolly costing them their 2nd 'n 3rd to move up), and which would get them in front of Cincy.... and yes, a possibility one would think ??

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I can't imagine that QJ was drafted to be MW's replacement. To me they are complete opposites. QJ to me would have been KAs replacement.
              sure seems like you know a lot more 'bout football than eye do, and.... can't imagine much of anything that QJ's game has in common w/Keenan's.... ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Which helps the team more? A potential upgrade at RT or an elite WR over QJ? I vote MHJ or Nabers.

I'm OK with whatever Hortiz does, but the top WR is more likely to put my ass in a LAC seat game one.

I'm dying to see Herbert making crazy good throws again.

Any other will take time. Like we're posting a lot of W's that were projected L's with game strategy.
                will take my chances w/Herbo making crazy good throws w/a (much) better Oline, than some sizzle me lately WR added to the mix.... ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Arizona needs playmakers, and MH JR. would be a big one at that. It seems like the Cardinals have been giving Kyler Murray so many chances. This could be the point where they determine if they should move on from him. Seeing how he does paired with Marvin Harrison Jr. would give them the evaluation.

Unless the team with Harbaugh does terrible, I don't think we're going to be in a good spot in the draft like this year again. Harrison Jr., Nabers, Bowers, Odunze, whichever one of these guys it is, we'll be getting someone very good.
                  my thought on this matter is that a top shelf lineman is the more rare find day two or in the back half of the first, and.... where 'tis much more common to find a pass catcher in that slotting ??

know alotta peoples here are hung up on RT, but who would you rather have blocked.... Khalil or Joey, or.... how 'bout both of 'em ??

personal suspicion is that alot more pass catchers slip thru the top of the first to later than that.... than real good linemen.... RTs included ??

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That is the group think I challenge. I don't think NFL and College offenses are the same. Pro-style simply means he wasn't running a spread, or run-n-gun, or one of the other styles. Thats good as far as those others do not work in the NFL. If it means power rush blocking scheme, play action mixed with shotgun for QB, two TE sets, some designed rollouts at times - sure.

The example I selected was the assertion that since he didn't have a superstar WR at UM, he doesn't want or value a superstar WR. Thats false logic. We don't know that. As I noted, he also didn't have a superstar OL player or TE, did he not value those positions too?

Harbo has never said he doesn't want elite WRs, to pick just one position. He very well may not take a WR at #5, he has an entire roster to fill. Or he may. I don't see data to tell me this today.

Hortiz was at LSU yesterday, and it wasnt to watch Jayden. They have 2 stellar Rd1 WR prospects, a mid-round DT prospect, and go down from there.
                    We will have to agree to disagree with UM's offense and that's ok.

I do agree with this point that you made about not having a superstar WR and really goes to show how good a coach Harbaugh is. He had a bunch of 3-star recruits, and they have a ton of them in this year's draft. The point I was trying to make is that this years draft is loaded with WRs that will fit in their offense and could be superstars. They don't need to take one in the 1st rnd. If the draft wasn't as deep with WRs then I could totally see it. With that said, if they choose to WR with #5 I get that as well.

I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not but I never said he doesn't want an elite WR. If I said that somewhere than I am wrong because I've never seen anywhere he has said that.

LSU has a lot of good players in the draft and not surprised he as there and not surprised if he is there to see Nabers. If the Chargers are going to pick @ #5, he is definitely a target. He needs to do his due diligence because they can't get that pick wrong if they stay put.
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Javia
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I do agree and wouldn't be surprised if both are better than Marvin but it's such a crap shoot so who knows.
                      MW, QJ, Odunze and MHJ are all X receivers. KA can play any receiver position, but on the Chargers he is the Z/slot receiver. Nabers is a Z/slot receiver.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

sure seems like you know a lot more 'bout football than eye do, and.... can't imagine much of anything that QJ's game has in common w/Keenan's.... ??
                        I should have said their skill sets are different. I could be wrong I'm not a scout but I don't remember seeing QJ going up for contested balls or making catches over the shoulder. He got the ball a lot at TCU in space. Like I said I could be wrong.
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

signed Lane Johnson/Penei Sewell....
                          I don't agree that RTs are never taken in the first round but RTs are rarely taken in the top 10 picks.

For clarification Sewell was a LT, who was converted to RT because the Lions had Taylor Decker in place. Yes i suppose that could be Alt too, but if Hortiz is at 5, and practices what he is preaching about BPA then Alt will not be the pick at 5 because he is not the BPA at 5 in this draft.

I don't think the Bengals are regretting taking the LSU receiver at 5 over Sewell just as I don't think the Chargers would regret taking an LSU receiver over Alt.

Comment

Working...
                          X