• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargerTrader
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

I agree that Alt will absolutely be gone if we trade down to #11. Joe knows this, so if they pull the trigger on a deal, Fuaga will be the target.

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

”A cautionary tale…..BUF traded with KC to let them draft Mahomes, who no one was saying was a slam dunk goat player at the time, and he has terrorized BUF and the league ever since….”

-Matt “Money” Smith

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

No. Wu didn't say that. Alt doesn't need help doing anything. He is very good @pass blocking. He is very good @run blocking. Alt will go @#7 if we trade-back... because he is top-shelf. To upgrade the run game, Fuaga @#11 is your best bet.

The final 2-minutes can adequately be addressed with a 4th-round WR. Jermaine Burton or Brendan Rice both have route running chops along with deep speed and ball-tracking abilities. JP, QJ, Hurst, and a 4th round WR can get your 2-minute drill done. And you have 2 NFL-caliber OT's to protect the edges far better than Plumpkin's well-documented deficiencies... along with Gus-the-Bus to pick up middle blitzes. This will not be Kellen Moore's 2-minute pass protections.
        Wu said absolutely no doubt 100% certainty they are drafting Alt at 5. he's said it every day for about 2 weeks? idunno, time flies when we're having fun

Was Burton the car-racing, maybe-killing-someone, gun toting, weed smoking, DUI-drivng kid? I forget which is which. Oh I remember - it was just some ol 3rd degree vandalism/damage mischief and weed. yeah, he's also the one that sucker punched some chick TEN fan in the face on the field after a game, but whatchagonnado eh.

He's quite good. sounds like a solid KC prospect to me.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

I would be super happy with Fuaga at #11. Harbaugh has stressed protecting Herbert and the run game.
          Since Day 1. Well before Liar's Month, Jim told us what he would do. Well before the sports writers began writing click-bait, we had Hortiz/Harbaugh/Roman tendencies to study. People may not like the upcoming draft picks... but they will like the winning that comes along with it.

People hated the Greg Roman hiring because it didn't fit their narrative.
          But the interview/hiring process began many months ago. Team building questions were asked. The answers were very different than your typical Telesco/Staley/Moore responses. Personnel changes are on the near horizon.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I can think of better OTs and guards getting drafted in round 3 than wide receivers.

Ty Hill was there because he was a creep and even the ethically challenged Andy Reid was afraid of bad publicity in drafting him earlier.

Rams get Nacua in round 5, and now every one thinks day 3 is a reliable option.

Every time the draft is loaded at one position, that position gets culled quickly.
            Give me any name you please @OT or OG in the 3rd or 4th round... and I'll give you a defensive player (round 3) or WR/RB (round 4) that are much better.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I remember that as well, then something changed (scheme?), and he did not so well at that. Also we had four guys on the OL last year who looked average to bad, and Slater on one wheel, so no one was getting any help whatsoever.

With a power run scheme, is he back to run blocking form? Only JH2 know for sure.
              Here is analysis on Fuaga... from a guy that studies trenches (Voch Lombardi). Notice what he says about landmarks in the running game and in pass pro. Then compare that to any game tape of Plumpkins. It's not even close.

Voch Lombardi breaks down film on Oregon State tackle Taliese Fuaga and explains why he's the best run-blocker in the 2024 NFL Draft.Follow Voch:https://twit...

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Give me any name you please @OT or OG in the 3rd or 4th round... and I'll give you a defensive player (round 3) or WR/RB (round 4) that are much better.
                Haynes, Beebe, Van Pran, Mahogany, Zinter.... Patrick Paul, Blake Fisher (much more difficult @OT)

DeWayne Carter ?? Bralen Trice ?? Adisa Isaac ?? Trotter/Cedric Gray ?? Renardo Green ?? Kamren Kichens/Cole Bishop ??

Malik Washington/Luke McCaffrey ?? Braelon Allen, MarShawn Lloyd, Audric Estime, Ray Davis ????
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

If Chargers really want a RT I would take Latham. I would rather they take him @5 than Alt. Or if they trade down, I would still take Latham.
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

The WR class is deep, with less of a drop off than at the OT and IDL positions.

​​​​I think people also forget that if you can give your QB an extra second to make a decision, they can make any WR look good. Brady used to have hours in the pocket sometimes to find an open WR.

Let's build out the Online and front seven D first.
                    Not only is the WR (and RB) class deep into the 4th round... but people are forgetting that we'll be in 21-personnel 50+% of the time next year. That means that you're putting JP, QJ, or [insert favorite WR name here] on the bench for 50+% of the offensive snaps... on an offense that will be much more balanced this year!

You're right... we are thin on the OL, IDL, LB, and CB positions. Every single one of those positions can be filled with starters that fit the new schemes... with one single trade-back... six little spots (from 5 to 11). It's a no-brainer.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Not only is the WR (and RB) class deep into the 4th round... but people are forgetting that we'll be in 21-personnel 50+% of the time next year. That means that you're putting JP, QJ, or [insert favorite WR name here] on the bench for 50+% of the offensive snaps... on an offense that will be much more balanced this year!

You're right... we are thin on the OL, IDL, LB, and CB positions. Every single one of those positions can be filled with starters that fit the new schemes... with one single trade-back... six little spots (from 5 to 11). It's a no-brainer.
                      Well the idea of the trade back makes sense

the trade value for trading back also needs to make sense. Again, you are trading back from a Top 5 pick. And if I had to guess, the talent different between 5 and 11 is more than the talent difference between 11 and 20. Harrison or Nabers might be top 3 players on the Chargers draft board - even with QBs. Jeremiah has all three WRs in his top 5 I believe, if not top 4. So as Harbaugh stated, if the QBs go 1-4, the Chargers are getting maybe the 2nd best football player on their board if Caleb Williams is the top player.

I agree, the idea of trading back makes the most sense. But the value needs to be commensurate with a top 5 pick. In the second round, Chargers at 37 want to trade back and get the point chart value spot on - thats fine. Pick 5 - the team needs to get GREAT value.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Let's talk about #23 everybody.

I got Kool-Aid McKinstry or Edgerrin Cooper. Who you got?

Kristian Fulton is nice competition for Ja'Sir and/or Leonard. But the 30th pass defense could still use a CB that could press cover when needed. Turns out Kool-Aid wasn't slow... even with a fracture on his pinky toe. He is the best man-cover that has inexplicably found ill-favor amongst sports writers. Let's see if the actual GM's are as hesitant.

Minter loves to send his LB's after the QB. Patty MaHommes hates getting hit... and can turn the ball over when it happens (see Raiders and Broncos games v the Chiefs). Edgerrin Cooper plays everywhere, too. With Henly and Cooper lining up all over... and Derwin sneaking up... there will be a lot less time for Patty and Travis to implement playground run arounds. It's Patty Pinata Time... and Nutty LOVES the #23 spot!
                        you prefer stickin' 'n pickin' to a trade down ?? Wash has 40 + 78 + prolly a 2025 third.... Az has 35 + 71 ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Since Day 1. Well before Liar's Month, Jim told us what he would do. Well before the sports writers began writing click-bait, we had Hortiz/Harbaugh/Roman tendencies to study. People may not like the upcoming draft picks... but they will like the winning that comes along with it.

People hated the Greg Roman hiring because it didn't fit their narrative.
                          But the interview/hiring process began many months ago. Team building questions were asked. The answers were very different than your typical Telesco/Staley/Moore responses. Personnel changes are on the near horizon.
                          actually, he's never said what he would do. he said what performance he wants and many have taken it from there and answered on his behalf. Many also repeatedly said what Joe always does, but Joe has never done anything himself and they generally have misread what the Ravens actually did. Maybe he's identical to his Raven bosses, maybe he's similar, maybe he'll have differences. One specific thing Joe has said is he values comp picks. his moves so far reflect this excellent improvement over TT to long term roster management, but beyond that - everyone is guessing here too.

The guess OT at 5 is as good or better than any other guesses, and could well be right. if so thats fine with me, I won't groan. its simply not known fact yet. They could take OL in Rd1, or take skill Rd1 and OL Rd2 or Rd3. They could trade down, stay pat, nobody knows yet.

Personnel changes have already started, thats not a Nostradamus prediction imo. Of course more will occur, literally nobody says they won't. TT was way too reluctant and slow to change the roster or throw in the towel on marginal players he brought in. Its great to have fresh new evaluators in the building.

Rd3 C/OGs:
                          Robinson
                          Beebe
                          Frazier
                          Zinter
                          Haynes

Rd4+
                          Cohen
                          Limmer
                          Barnhart
                          Bortolini
                          Nourzad