• Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Last mock I saw ...

20- Dejean
    23- Thomas
    26- Verse
    Who mocked him at 26?
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He makes an excellent point. note to self: only draft college players that played against pros!
      There should be two drafts then, get rid of free agency and re-draft all the guys that aren't under contract, and we can trade all of our college draft picks every year to sign professional player draft picks, that way you can avoid drafting guys that played against 'college players'
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I honestly don't know what to expect from the Hurst signing, the type of head injury he sustained is enough to give me pause as to whether or not he will even continue to play going forward, I'm wondering if he's even on the final 53 man roster at this point, like I said, I don't know what to expect, if he turns out to be more than that it would be a really nice boost for the Chargers...
        He said the concussion was bad but he was cleared to come back last year after a second opinion. It was his choice not to play and take the rest of the year off since carolina already lost lots of games and has no direction.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

He said the concussion was bad but he was cleared to come back last year after a second opinion. It was his choice not to play and take the rest of the year off since carolina already lost lots of games and has no direction.
          what else should a player say when his livelihood is at stake? "Aww man, I'm so fucked right now, I can't remember shit, half the time I don't even recognize my kids"

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

what else should a player say when his livelihood is at stake? "Aww man, I'm so fucked right now, I can't remember shit, half the time I don't even recognize my kids"
            I guess I’m optimistic he will be able to play and contribute for us.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Who mocked him at 26?
              Gennaro Filice

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I WILL admit.
                that is my one big concern for BB.
                I'm more than confident in his blocking (when healthy)
                I'm more than confident in his size and his physical development with Ben Herbert (lots of room to grow).

But he will HAVE to learn to use more finesse when getting tackled or he'll end up on IR more often than not.
                and that's going to be a real challenge considering his reputation for being the most competitive guy on the field.
                wts I feel comfortable he will take to coaching very well and it will be a none issue.. I see a very smart kid who knows what he can get-away with and one who's willing to adapt for a long sustainable, championship-caliber career.
                How does a player use finesse when getting tackled? Does he shout out to the tackler, "Easy now! Lay me down gently!"

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

I think actual NFL teams and front offices probably have Bowers rated a lot higher than the entire draft media and fans. You don't hear too many quotes coming from any teams talking about Bowers. Why? I suspect a lot of teams are secretly hoping to get him. I'll be really shocked if he lasts until pick #10

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

A list of the 13 draft attendees was released. The 3 WR names will be there, but no Alt ,Bowers or Fuaga. Latham will be attending.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Absolutely right on that bolded part, that's not really up for debate...as for the rest of what you are saying, IDK, I just don't understand the point of saying that someone isn't going to stay healthy, that could happen to any prospect that's coming out in this draft and because it's the NFL level it does happen to ton of them every year, the league attrition rate is almost 86% turnover every three years due to injury, so it's not like some bold prediction, it's like walking into one of those card reader sessions in the middle of the day and reeking of alcohol and then having the charlatan tell you that you'll be involved in a car accident in the near future...I also don't understand what you mean by 'his style'...is he particularly reckless with his body? I haven't noticed that on tape, what exactly do you mean by that? you are entitled to guess whatever you want and we are all guessing when we project these guys to the NFL, even guys like Hortiz are guessing, maybe we can call his 'informed guesses' but it's still a crap shoot for sure...
                      Watch him play, he doesn't make people miss and he isn't a great route runner. He is good with ball in hands because he is fast and breaks tackles. But when you get to NFL level, everyone is bigger and faster. So you can't win as much just by being fast and breaking tackles. You will get run down more, and there will be better players tackling you.

I said WR Mike Williams style is more likely to put him on IR as he is making more contested catches and taking more contact and impacts to his body. I thought Telesco should have traded him for that reason. Availability is the best ability. And for me it makes sense to also project injury probability. More likely or less likely to miss games. I get it's not a bold prediction because football is basically 100% injury sport and avg careers are short. But for me it still makes sense to assess who is more likely to miss games. And I'm glad they got Ben Herbert and his philosophy of making them harder to break.

I also add into my assessment snap counts.
                      The OL plays more snaps than TE.
                      A good Defensive starter will play more snaps than the TE.
                      So when using a 1st Rd pick. I better have confidence that TE is not only a special player but also will be available to play a ton of snaps. Then it's high Rd 1 value prospect. Since my assessment is he will get beat up a bit an NFL level playing same way and miss games. And I also don't see a team trying to feature him and give him a lot of TE screen and passes in the flat. He will be another option, but not the first option.

So.....I have him ranked lower than many others opinion of where he should be drafted. For my draft pick value Rd 1.
                      I think it has to a top OL or DL/Edge/CB when picking Top 15.
                      If they trade down and Bowers is there at #23. Then I'm not going hate the pick. Even if I rather they take a different prospect at #23.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

How does a player use finesse when getting tackled? Does he shout out to the tackler, "Easy now! Lay me down gently!"
                        Ladainian Tomlinson learn how to not take the big hit.
                        ​​​​​Vision to see it's time to duck out of bounds. It's time to get on a ground because this 300 pound DL is about to jump on the pile to tackle me.

If you play like Bowers then you try to run through the entire team and that definitely increases odds you will be on IR.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          A list of the 13 draft attendees was released. The 3 WR names will be there, but no Alt ,Bowers or Fuaga. Latham will be attending.

attending what? Charger visits? Didnt Rice visit?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X