Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

attending what? Charger visits? Didnt Rice visit?
    Attending the draft
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Ladainian Tomlinson learn how to not take the big hit.
      ​​​​Vision to see it's time to duck out of bounds. It's time to get on a ground because this 300 pound DL is about to jump on the pile to tackle me.

If you play like Bowers then you try to run through the entire team and that definitely increases odds you will be on IR.
      lol - 300 lb DL's aren't catching Bowers. I think your injury concern is over-weighted but thats just me. I'd be delighted if he was taken at 5 or 11, there is zero chance he is available at 23 but you wouldn't even want to take him there so I guess it doesn't matter for either of us. I'll also be delighted by several other pick options, there is no "one way".

I'm busier now pondering Charge!'s astute observation of the long long long string of lead-footed OTs from 'Bama that were too clumsy and slow to succeed at the NFL level and what that should mean for my general affinity for the Latham proposition in later first round ....
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

He makes an excellent point. note to self: only draft college players that played against pros!
        You know what the point is. Come on man.

​​​​​A player looks good at a lower level. You assess/predict how will that player game translate to NFL level. That is all.

It's been said so many times (that was at college, this is the pros) I'm not saying anything new.

I think it makes sense to watch tape of them going against current pros when they played vs them in college. Did they play against any of last years 1st and 2nd Rd picks who are now in NFL. How did they look when going against them? Vs how they look going against players that won't play in NFL. There's tape on that. I would not say only draft guys who played vs current pros. But it certainly will help in assessing their ability to get it done at next level.
        ​​​​​​​
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Ladainian Tomlinson learn how to not take the big hit.
          ​​​​Vision to see it's time to duck out of bounds. It's time to get on a ground because this 300 pound DL is about to jump on the pile to tackle me.

If you play like Bowers then you try to run through the entire team and that definitely increases odds you will be on IR.
          Okay, yes, LT did run out of bounds a lot and probably extended his healthy games...maybe also do the QB slide to avoid the big hit?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

lol - 300 lb DL's aren't catching Bowers. I think your injury concern is over-weighted but thats just me. I'd be delighted if he was taken at 5 or 11, there is zero chance he is available at 23 but you wouldn't even want to take him there so I guess it doesn't matter for either of us. I'll also be delighted by several other pick options, there is no "one way".

I'm busier now pondering Charge!'s astute observation of the long long long string of lead-footed OTs from 'Bama that were too clumsy and slow to succeed at the NFL level and what that should mean for my general affinity for the Latham proposition in later first round ....
            Valid point...so, which of the RT's have the FASTEST FOOTWORK to mirror those quick Edge rushers in pass pro? And which of the RT's have a fastest footwork AND blocking technique for our ground game? THOSE are the key questions...yep, don't need another Fluke...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I guess I’m optimistic he will be able to play and contribute for us.
              Me too, but I'm just not counting on it, there was no smoke about teams going after his services when the Chargers signed him, it might just mean it wasn't important enough to get media coverage or that there just wasn't much interest out there, either way if he can come back from that concussion, it would be a real nice signing for us...the Panthers are paying most of his salary in 2024 and he didn't affect the compensatory draft formula...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

lol. They were not catching LT who was faster than Bowers either. Omg. Lol. Clearly it's when LT was being slowed down by a tackler trying to get him on ground and he was smart to go down and not let that 300lb guy jump on the pile. Lol.

Bowers will need to learn that running over people at lower level vs NFL level is different. He can either listen to coaches and not try to score a TD every time he touches the ball. Or he can try and be Superman ever play. And be will find out the NFL is kryptonite. Not a good way to have a long career.

i have my options. Many didn't like slim reaper in his draft and thought he would get hurt because he is skinny. But on tape he didn't take many big hits and seem to play bigger than his size. So I thought he would be fine. Others dropped him down the board because of possible injury concern.

It no big deal we have different assessments of players and how their game translates. You love Bowers and think he will do great. Most agree with you. I think he is a bit overrated and is more likely to go on IR than other prospects. So I have him rated outside top 20 players in this draft.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Gennaro Filice
                  I apologize, I've never heard of him, he might be very knowledgeable but that's very unlikely to happen especially with the premium teams put on the pass rushers...Verse was slotted to be a top ten pick last year and he didn't do anything to hurt his stock in fact the opposite is true, he's the most experienced, well rounded, polished, and proven Edge player in this draft combined with the fewest question marks...it's only because of all the hype around the QB, OT and WR class that he is being mocked just outside the top ten by some people, but I doubt he gets past the Falcons, Bears or the Jets...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Valid point...so, which of the RT's have the FASTEST FOOTWORK to mirror those quick Edge rushers in pass pro? And which of the RT's have a fastest footwork AND blocking technique for our ground game? THOSE are the key questions...yep, don't need another Fluke...
                    Dance with Maxx and keep in front of him. With mass the only advantage, our RT has to be able to maintain anchor point leverage while his feet are moving. No small task.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

If we do the same trick with Jeremiah's mock, the #23 could be ...

B. Thomas, WR
                      or
                      J. Power-J., IOL
                      or
                      B. Murphy, DT

All I want to say is that #23 could be a very good player at a position of need.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

You know what the point is. Come on man.

​​​​A player looks good at a lower level. You assess/predict how will that player game translate to NFL level. That is all.

It's been said so many times (that was at college, this is the pros) I'm not saying anything new.

I think it makes sense to watch tape of them going against current pros when they played vs them in college. Did they play against any of last years 1st and 2nd Rd picks who are now in NFL. How did they look when going against them? Vs how they look going against players that won't play in NFL. There's tape on that. I would not say only draft guys who played vs current pros. But it certainly will help in assessing their ability to get it done at next level.
                        "the point" can be literally said about every draft prospect ever drafted - hence the point is not a point at all. you know that was my point - come on, man!

what are you saying about Bowers, he can't play against good players? are you really saying that? don't whisper and mumble - spit it out if you've got something to say about him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

lol. They were not catching LT who was faster than Bowers either. Omg. Lol. Clearly it's when LT was being slowed down by a tackler trying to get him on ground and he was smart to go down and not let that 300lb guy jump on the pile. Lol.

Bowers will need to learn that running over people at lower level vs NFL level is different. He can either listen to coaches and not try to score a TD every time he touches the ball. Or he can try and be Superman ever play. And be will find out the NFL is kryptonite. Not a good way to have a long career.

i have my options. Many didn't like slim reaper in his draft and thought he would get hurt because he is skinny. But on tape he didn't take many big hits and seem to play bigger than his size. So I thought he would be fine. Others dropped him down the board because of possible injury concern.

It no big deal we have different assessments of players and how their game translates. You love Bowers and think he will do great. Most agree with you. I think he is a bit overrated and is more likely to go on IR than other prospects. So I have him rated outside top 20 players in this draft.
                          I didn't say 300 lb DTs were chasing him, don't look at me. Why do you think Bowers is uniquely unable to adapt to NFL - every college player has to adapt. what is so uniquely deficient about his intelligence and ability? I don't get it. I don't see him trucking 300 lb DTs every play in college tape, why is that a concern in NFL? I saw him blasting CBs, but so what - I see NFL TEs do that every Sunday when they get a chance. They usually grin afterwards, its fun for them.

Apologies, I don't know who your slim reaper is or which draft you refer to. I'm sure you made an excellent choice.

Comment

Working...
                          X