• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    IMO, losing Bosa and Mack pretty much says we are drafting Dallas Turner at #5. We can't go into the season with one just pass rusher, who is a solid but not a premium pass rusher by the way. And premium pass rushers are hard guys to find, much harder than ORT or WR.
    Probably could get Verse or Latu in the 9-11 range.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Signing Edwards and Dissly opens up a 3rd and a 5th for other prospect/positions in the draft. Let's fill those big holes one by one and move on to a winning season.
      Statement signings.
      Gus Bus.
      Diss.
      Alohi and O'Leary Notre Dame connection.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Statement signings.
        Gus Bus.
        Diss.
        Alohi and O'Leary Notre Dame connection.
        A backfield of Gus Edwards & maybe one of the top rookie RB's like Jaylen Wright sounds good to me!

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Protect the QB can come from any OL position we choose... could be IOL or OT.
          A new center will have to happen. OG's play will have to improve. If a mid/late round OG does that... get it done.
          But saying that the IOL sucked more does not excuse Pipkins from his history of suck-iness.
          If you want to improve the stank @RT... it most likely will be done in the 1st round.
          If you want to improve the stank @IOL (specifically OC) it most likely will be done in the 2nd round.
          If you want to improve the stank @OG... it will most likely be done with a mid/late rounder.

They could move Salyer to RT... I've been suggesting that for two years (before the Pip re-sign).
          But as many have pointed out... he has no NFL experience there... just as he had no NFL experience @RG (w/questionable results).

IMO, it is far less risky to let Salyer stay @RG and get more experience.
          IMO, it is far less risky to leave Zion @LG... his natural position.
          Both of these guys have 1 NFL year of experience @those positions.
          We've seen Pipkins @RT for 5 years now.
          You're satisfied with Pipkins' 5 years (3 of which he couldn't even break the starting lineup) but are unsatisfied that both OG's could improve at their respective positions in 2nd years...?

That's just a very weird stance to take.
          Salyer was better on the left side, Zion was better at RG than LG. I think there will be a fresh look at where players go this offseason.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Probably could get Verse or Latu in the 9-11 range.
            There are other pass rushers in round 2 and 3. Depends on the type Minter is looking for.

Turner is probably one but Latu isn't if he wants to drop them in coverage. Hard to tell right now.

Wasn't Uche a 3rd rounder?

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

With Cousins to ATL, I like MINN as a trade down partner: they will want to draft a QB if they can, I’ll take their first, second, a fourth and a fifth please (they have two picks each in rounds four, five and six, easy trade for them and a nice haul for us).

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

IMO, losing Bosa and Mack pretty much says we are drafting Dallas Turner at #5. We can't go into the season with one just pass rusher, who is a solid but not a premium pass rusher by the way. And premium pass rushers are hard guys to find, much harder than ORT or WR.
                Not necessarily true. There are some really good edge rushers that will be available in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rnds as well as the 2nd. I think this needs to be said again, Harbaugh and Minter won a Championship with a bunch of 3 star recruits on the team. They will find a DE whether it be in FAcy or the draft. They will be fine.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Not necessarily true. There are some really good edge rushers that will be available in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rnds as well as the 2nd. I think this needs to be said again, Harbaugh and Minter won a Championship with a bunch of 3 star recruits on the team. They will find a DE whether it be in FAcy or the draft. They will be fine.
                  Yeah there looks to be alotta good lower round talent this draft.I feel like this Harbaugh team is gonna rely more on solid coaching than big star names.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Dude. you stop it. you blamed Pipkins for Slater giving up a sack and you're nitpicking me about facts?

I didn't cherry pick Crosby and I simply went to their last game, i didn't cherry pick that game either. Pipkins didn't give up a sack to LVR in either 2023 game so any association with Maxx Crosby's brutal rushing against LAC was about someone other than Pipkins.

I do apologize that I didn't notice you were jumping in with the other harpies around here that insist factual data is not to be believed. Maybe you guys want to talk about a different Edge rusher / Team that actually did get a sack against Pipkins?

cherry pickin' ... ha!
                    You win lamest post of the day. Congrats.
                    I lose for wasting my time posting at you. Have good night.
                    Go Chargers!
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

RB and TE that can run block.

Check and check.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Expecting a 5th rd pick can be as good as two guys rated best edge rusher in their respective drafts and taken in the Top 5 of Rd1 is very wishful optimism.

there is zero respect for the importance of elite edge rushers in this forum anymore. now a 5th rd edge rusher prospect is a great plan, oh my. Do you think that Minter has some super secret magic pass rush trick never considered before? He doesn't. Blitzing LBs and dropping DEs, yeah thats done in NFL. Corner or Safety blitz, yeah that too. Minter is not going to revolutionize football and turn a bunch of jags into the greatest sack machine on earth.

In the end the game will still be played hat on hat and pad on pad and 5th rd scrub edge rushers are not going to beat 1st rd OTs very often. It is why elite edge rushers are paid north of $25M APY now. Its a very rare pearl found deep in the 5th round ocean because 95% of them will never do shit.

we're betting on magic pearl divers now. great.

IF they are getting rid of both Mack and Bosa - Edge Rusher by Rd2 is a must.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Expecting a 5th rd pick can be as good as two guys rated best edge rusher in their respective drafts and taken in the Top 5 of Rd1 is very wishful optimism.

there is zero respect for the importance of elite edge rushers in this forum anymore. now a 5th rd edge rusher prospect is a great plan, oh my. Do you think that Minter has some super secret magic pass rush trick never considered before? He doesn't. Blitzing LBs and dropping DEs, yeah thats done in NFL. Corner or Safety blitz, yeah that too. Minter is not going to revolutionize football and turn a bunch of jags into the greatest sack machine on earth.

In the end the game will still be played hat on hat and pad on pad and 5th rd scrub edge rushers are not going to beat 1st rd OTs very often. It is why elite edge rushers are paid north of $25M APY now. Its a very rare pearl found deep in the 5th round ocean because 95% of them will never do shit.

we're betting on magic pearl divers now. great.

IF they are getting rid of both Mack and Bosa - Edge Rusher by Rd2 is a must.
                          They don't have to be as good as those 2 guys. They just have to play within in the system and do what they are supposed to do. It's a team game for a reason.
                          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X