• dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

He dropped my guy Kamari Lassiter out of the top 50... hmmm
    high floor CB prospect in my book.
    a cynic might conclude his list changed enough that he is basically confessing his first list was shit ... that cynic might question whether is his second list good?

I'm not a cynic, so I wouldn't.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the first four picks are Qb - its easy - take who think is the best football player on your board. And more than likely, you have given a higher grade to say MHJr than at least 2 if not 3 of the QBs. So you are getting a top 2 player at 5. Thats very good

I am okay with either scenario
      1) trading back with MN for like 11/23 and another Day 3 pick preferably in 2024 but maybe a 3rd or better in 2025 suffices

2) getting MHJr

maybe somebody wants to trade up., maybe the Giants are willing to throw a 3rd to get MHJr if you have him and Nabers close
      Yeah dem dare posters are being mousy and passive aggressive.
      Therefore the question ALL must be confronted with is this...
      Who do you select @ #5 if we are on the clock
      and there are no trade downs to be had ?

The posting of a mock draft with us taking Alt @ #5
      is a statement that it is the posters opinion that this is what we should do.
      My respectful suggestion to all, is that you read up on
      Brandon Thorn, Duke Manyweather, Paul Alexander, Brian Baldinger, Jim "Mouse" McNally, et al.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
        Daniel Jeremiah's newest Top 50.

Interesting to see how some players are moving around. Odunze at 3, Nabers at 4, Bowers at 7, Alt at 8, T. Arnold at 9, and Fuaga at 10.

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50: 2024 NFL Draft prospect rankings 4.0
        its funny that for 2 years Bowers has been in top 5 months before the draft based primarily on real game play...
        then since none of these WR's performed at combine, people had to wait for college pro days which are scripted.... lol and they suddenly impress so much they jump to the top?????

this is like the Bosa draft when Bosa was best player in country for 2 seasons but getting closer to draft everyone was making up reasons for Chargers not to take best player in nation, Bosa.... and rumors were spread that we were taking ramsey..... and why Dallas thought Bosa would drop to them!?..... lol

forget the stupid choreographed workouts and just watch the freaking film!..... what guys do in real games is what matters......

I remember Jerimiah saying a couple of months ago that Bowers was a top 5 talent but he had him dropping to mid teens because he is a TE.... (and its obvious he does not clearly understand that a great TE helps all phases of an offense and is a matchup nightmare in clutch situations)....

KC has won 2 consecutive SB's without an expensive DIVA WR.... because they had a TE that the top 2 defenses could not stop when there were no real WR's to worry about????
        and after 4 or 5 years no team with a great expensive QB, can afford to keep that elite WR...... so if you draft the elite top 3 WR's, and they are successful in NFL, we can only have them for 4 to 5 years.....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

He dropped my guy Kamari Lassiter out of the top 50... hmmm
          high floor CB prospect in my book.
          Slow Forty.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Who?
            his average ranking by "experts" is 162, average rank within DB group is #44 DB (or CB, not sure which). Day 3 pick, he could surprise with upside. Has sub-4.4 40 speed but rated below avg on change of direction and mirroring receivers, stiff etc - key parts of a DB's job duties. Scouts are wrong, maybe he's something for real.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

Micheal Phenix is a stud if he gets to the Raiders that’s an issue prime time big play receiver Devonte Adams. They gonna go down the field. Zadir White bell cow running back.

What I like about him???? Upside???? Mahomes esque. Everybody talks about the Jayden Daniels athleticism. I don’t need Michael Vick. Give me the pot belly guy Patrick Mahomes who runs the 4-6 that’s what Phenix ran at the pro day. When ran that he had me.

Being in the PAC 12 I got to watch his games. That Utah defense that Caleb struggled against he shattered.

And Texas that team was tough. Don’t let people bullshit you. They were Mauling teams. Phenix shredded them. That’s the game he looked like Mahomes. Everybody ate Oudunzie Polk. That’s what I like to see. They had no running game. He was the running game. Like Mahomes getting out of the pocket with ease. And that’s what you want to see.

He’s got intangibles. The Michigan game. Didn’t see anything that surprised me. Top defense in the league that gave everybody trouble. They were in it. The defense let them down. He made big plays downfield to Oudunzie. Did he have his best game??? No. Looked scared at times and heard footsteps it happens.

But those are the games that make hall of famers great. Let’s see how he responds.

This is just me my take. If I’m drafting.

Im going Caleb Williams Drake Maye Michael Phenix. Watch the Caleb Williams Michael Phenix head to head. And I’m a USC guy. Caleb’s my guy. But I gotta call Balls and strikes.

Phenix just sounds like a great guy also. He sounds like a leader humble. I heard that same talk from CJ Stroud. I just like his compete. Guys gotta compete. Phenix sounds like a competitor.

and he’s 6-2” that’s Mahomes height.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yeah dem dare posters are being mousy and passive aggressive.
                Therefore the question ALL must be confronted with is this...
                Who do you select @ #5 if we are on the clock
                and there are no trade downs to be had ?

The posting of a mock draft with us taking Alt @ #5
                is a statement that it is the posters opinion that this is what we should do.
                My respectful suggestion to all, is that you read up on
                Brandon Thorn, Duke Manyweather, Paul Alexander, Brian Baldinger, Jim "Mouse" McNally, et al.
                Bold take. pff best OT even if everyone was eligible.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Who?
                  The dude we are sleeping on.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

a cynic might conclude his list changed enough that he is basically confessing his first list was shit ... that cynic might question whether is his second list good?

I'm not a cynic, so I wouldn't.
                    Or, as is normal in every single draft, additional information, combine, pro days, team visits etc, changes rankings over the many weeks before a draft.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Or, as is normal in every single draft, additional information, combine, pro days, team visits etc, changes rankings over the many weeks before a draft.
                      Yes. Yes. And confidential intel from teams about who they like and who they like less vs what is out there in public.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I agree he’s gaining more info. Adjusting rankings based on team visits would seem odd though - combine and pro days perhaps if his list is who might be drafted in what order vs what I assumed his list was which is a list of who are the best players from A-Z. Its not a mock draft, is it?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I agree he’s gaining more info. Adjusting rankings based on team visits would seem odd though - combine and pro days perhaps if his list is who might be drafted in what order vs what I assumed his list was which is a list of who are the best players from A-Z. Its not a mock draft, is it?
                          True

Jeremiah's rankings are based on his best player rankings whereas his mocks are based on what he thinks and is hearing teams will do.

Comment

Working...
                          X