• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I hate the idea of trading back and not getting the additional picks until next year, especially since that pick makes the Jets better and it could be quite low if Rogers can stay healthy next year.
    Yep, agree. To trade down from #5 to #10 and to ONLY get a next year's 2nd rounder from the Jets seems way too low...Jeremiah's been pretty good on mocks--he even predicted Derwin to us--but on this one, I think he's way off...

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep, agree. To trade down from #5 to #10 and to ONLY get a next year's 2nd rounder from the Jets seems way too low...Jeremiah's been pretty good on mocks--he even predicted Derwin to us--but on this one, I think he's way off...
      Especially if the player at 5 is MHJ.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure what the inference is there, and.... can pretty much guarantee that the guy is way off on @least a handful or so of the top half of guys.... just plain & simple bad info.
        Got to admit, im not sure what im looking at there. Dont know what the abbreviations mean.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Traded with the Vikes for 11, 23 & 129. Some say that is too cheap, but I digress. The trade turned into DeJean, Mims & Sinnott. I doubled up on LB's in the mid rounds and also got Estime in the early 4th. I was scored a D for Nourzad by PFF, but I really like the kid and simply wanted him. I think I would be very happy with this draft personally.

image.png

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
            Traded with the Vikes for 11, 23 & 129. Some say that is too cheap, but I digress. The trade turned into DeJean, Mims & Sinnott. I doubled up on LB's in the mid rounds and also got Estime in the early 4th. I was scored a D for Nourzad by PFF, but I really like the kid and simply wanted him. I think I would be very happy with this draft personally.

image.png
            Who gives the 'grades' to these picks? Is that part of the software?

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

If the pick is slotted higher, you get a better grade looks like.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Send PM

I think it's based on what they consider are team needs and then where the player is ranked by PFF. They list our needs as RB, WR, TE, DI, LB & CB. Not sure if that is in order of perceived importance or not. I do know if you reach like I did with Nourzad that they ding you. No worries, it's all a game anyway. I still really like that haul.

Comment

• Icebolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2023
                  • Send PM

Let's say Vikes have a deal with Chargers for #5, then Giants trade up from #6 to #4 and take JJ. What to the Chargers do? Arizona may still get MHJ at #6.
                  I was confident, when the Vikes got that 2nd 1st that it was the Chargers they were targeting. BUT, #3 and #4 are in play and teams get desperate. I'm afraid we will miss out on the #11 & #23

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
                    Let's say Vikes have a deal with Chargers for #5, then Giants trade up from #6 to #4 and take JJ. What to the Chargers do? Arizona may still get MHJ at #6.
                    I was confident, when the Vikes got that 2nd 1st that it was the Chargers they were targeting. BUT, #3 and #4 are in play and teams get desperate. I'm afraid we will miss out on the #11 & #23
                    I firmly believe that if 3 trades that they want 11, 23 and a 2025 1st. I don't believe the Vikes have a second rounder in 2025 to play with. Now slot #4 would be a bit more interesting for what they would get in return. I think that a 2025 #1 included would be deemed too steep. I mean, 3 #1's to move 7 spots? That's the kind of move that gets a GM fired.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

What grade would you guys give this (first 4 rounds) draft? Note: No trades.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR
                      2. Braden Fiske, DT
                      3. DJ James, CB
                      4a. Will Shipley, RB
                      4b. Sataoa Laumea, OL

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

What grade would you guys give this (first 4 rounds) draft? Note: No trades.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR
                        2. Braden Fiske, DT
                        3. DJ James, CB
                        4a. Will Shipley, RB
                        4b. Sataoa Laumea, OL
                        It's not what I'd be hoping for going into things, but it hits a big need with an appropriate prospect at absolutely every spot.

Therefore, I'd give it an A-.

Big Fiske fan here, btw. There are a handful of guys I'd be geeked for the Bolts to have access to at #37, and Fiske is among them.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I firmly believe that if 3 trades that they want 11, 23 and a 2025 1st. I don't believe the Vikes have a second rounder in 2025 to play with. Now slot #4 would be a bit more interesting for what they would get in return. I think that a 2025 #1 included would be deemed too steep. I mean, 3 #1's to move 7 spots? That's the kind of move that gets a GM fired.
                          The Bolts gave up TWO number ones to move up ONE spot in the Ryan Leaf trade, so I don't see your outrage as commensurate.

And I'm in full agreement here-- the deal has to pay off for the GM moving up, or it's ultimately his demise.

Comment

Working...
                          X