• Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Get me a Bobby Wagner. Doesn't have to be at 28 but that's what I want
    That's what everyone wants. Problem is how many Bobby Wagner's are out there?

The other issue is would Bobby Wagner play like Bobby Wagner in our D, behind our DT? I am not sure he would. The Seattle DL is still much better than ours, although our DE are better pass rushers.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Worse. We are making sushi rolls with you right now.
      LOL at least I like sushi

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

That's what everyone wants. Problem is how many Bobby Wagner's are out there?

The other issue is would Bobby Wagner play like Bobby Wagner in our D, behind our DT? I am not sure he would. The Seattle DL is still much better than ours, although our DE are better pass rushers.
        I don't know how many are out there. I leave that to the combine followers and draft experts. I feel like he'd succeed with us no matter d-line differences.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I don't know how many are out there. I leave that to the combine followers and draft experts. I feel like he'd succeed with us no matter d-line differences.
          Agree. Passing up on such a talent seems weird.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

I don't know if any of you were focused on the Colts LB who won DROY ;last draft season but he is the type that fits the uber athletic profile

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I don't know if any of you were focused on the Colts LB who won DROY ;last draft season but he is the type that fits the uber athletic profile
                Great player. Frank Reich talked this am about his leadership, in the locker room and out on the field. We need that alpha dog LB to go with Derwin.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

I had Darius mocked to us in the 2nd last year.
                  Was/is high on Fred Warner as well and had Tremaine Edmunds as my #3 overall prospect.

There are several LBs prospects that are highly rated on my board this season.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I had Darius mocked to us in the 2nd last year.
                    Was/is high on Fred Warner as well and had Tremaine Edmunds as my #3 overall prospect.

There are several LBs prospects that are highly rated on my board this season.
                    Glad to hear it. We'll probably never have a guy like Seau again but I salivate at the prospect of that type with what we've got going on D.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Glad to hear it. We'll probably never have a guy like Seau again but I salivate at the prospect of that type with what we've got going on D.
                      A rare player, leader, and community hero.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I do follow the draft and I am saying that it is really hard to find good players. LB is an especially tough position to evaluate, because of the mix of instinct and how fast players must process information to figure out where the ball is going.

It isn't grocery store or a restaurant, where you order what you want and Dr. Frankenstein goes out and builds the guy in the back. There is a lot of finding guys and making some compromises, or if it is really important, then you have to push it up the priority list. One of the reasons Wade Phillips has been so successful over the years is that he has been great at figuring out what skills has has to have in players, and what limitations can he live with.

I think you dead wrong about Wagner fitting no matter what. He is fast, but he has shortish arms and he doesn't take on and defeat blockers all that well. He runs like a deer, but you have to keep blockers off him, and if we want our run D to get better, the DL has to do a better job of keeping the OL off our LB and S. That is what team defense is all about.

Our DL played better last year and that was a big part of why our D improved from #31 vs the run to #9. But they need to continue to get better, no only to improve the run D, but to make our DE more effective by pushing the pocket.

There is no doubt we need help at LB. None at all. But we need help at DT just as much, if not more. We simply need more production from the DT position. With the opportunities that the DE give drawing extra blockers outside, the DT need to make more splash plays.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Uh, Bobby is better than any LB we put on the field in the playoffs. He does not have be Superman, just better than Pullard and Emanuel. Without drafting/bringing in another LB I shudder to think about next year late in the season. So yes I would welcome a player of Wagner-type ability even if that is the best we can do. Cuz that would be loads better than what we had in the postseason.

Comment

Working...
                          X