• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yuba View Post

You guys doubted me years ago when I TOLD you Wide Body DT who could also penetrate was #1 priority to fix the D. Same thing every year since then- teams run up the gut at will and no ability to collapse the pocket from inside. Then a couple injuries and the whole D folds at the end. Some things never change!
    Not this shit again......u also had a wet dream about tak8ng Nix IV out of ND in the first round. And ranted like a lunatic when we didn't take him...and in the second....OMG TT shou"d be fired...blah Fn Blah. How did that turn out? Like all he rest of your guys we absolutely needed....cut before he finished his rookie deal.

Please show me the correlation of (your fav stat) avg yds/ rush with team success. The fact that the bottom 4 this year were Ne,SEA, LAR, and KC kind of mucks up your point. Although You always assume u r correct.

absolutely it it is a position we can and need to upgrade. But so is OT, LB, S. we also drafted a guy last year that may grow to be what we need. your strategy is dumb as shit given that teams are throwing the damn ball more and more. Also dumb a s shit since it doesn't address other (at least as important) positions of need. Finally it is dumb as shit this year given the depth in this draft at that position. No need to leverage the house on the deepest position in this draft. I would also argue that doing better vs rb receiving is a much bigger priority. Hope White helps with that next year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Weak side, not Mike
      I am keenly aware of these things.
      4-3 Over/Under etc.
      The issue may be the evolution of defenses.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

lol, SDFan ("Yuba") got Panamamike.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          lol, SDFan ("Yuba") got Panamamike.
          Did I bite on a trap like a mouse does cheese?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

the draft network guys are Patriots fans and my conspiracy theory is that they are purposely playing down Stidham in hopes that their Pats can draft him, :tongue:

ps. thought you said there were nothing but backups in this draft @QB ?? ....(what happened ?)
            I've always said there's Haskins and a bunch of backup ups. Been waiting to see what Murray measured. A bit taller than I thought. Still, he has a strong arm and can run but his size makes me skeptical.

Thing is for us, we are picking 28th. Why can't we just get a QB in 2020 with a bigger talented group picking likely late again? If we get the pieces this year and get closer or win a SB then we can trade up if needed in 2020. I like our chances getting a franchise QB next year more than i do this year.

I hope teams overdraft these QBs early in the first round like Lock and Jones while a couple more sign guys like Denver already did in Flacco and someone will sign Foles. They won't be thinking QB next year so when we get one, less teams need one til they figure out they aren't very good lol. By then we got ours.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-28-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

It is a wise move to wait 2020 to draft a QB early.
              The lest teams want a QB, the more chances an A. Rodgers can be available.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's some write-up. Nothing surprising about the QBs, it's a weak class. If you need a decent backup, this is the class to get one.

Nice to see Simmons coaches giving the NFL GMs good thoughts about him and saying he is a good kid. @ #60, I'm in on him.
                RBs, I'd take a late flyer on Dexter Williams, BryceLove or Alex Barnes but don't think we really need one unless they don't resign Gordon. Then it's a need. Ekeler isn't a #1 RB.
                Some good mid round WRs too if TWill walks.
                I like Alex Barnes as a prospect for us as well.
                Couple other guys I think will be better NFL players.....

Alex Mattison BSU. He is a big strong powerful back w/juice, body control, contact balance, & vision. I like this kid a ton!
                Devine Ozigbo NEB. Physical nasty runner, good hands, and will stand up blitzers.
                Ryquell Armstead TEM. Tough, hard nosed, runner with good speed and receiving skills.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

in TT's Combine presser he mentioned that, "there are some guys we like (@QB)"

also like how Josh Oliver is not part of the conversation @TE.... def a better bet than say a Tommy Sweeney.

and S Will Harris Day 3.... will venture that may be a steal of a deal.
                  Will Harris is going to be a solid NFL prospect. I think he may transition to LB.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Did I bite on a trap like a mouse does cheese?
                    Worse. We are making sushi rolls with you right now.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Get me a Bobby Wagner. Doesn't have to be at 28 but that's what I want

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        It is a wise move to wait 2020 to draft a QB early.
                        The lest teams want a QB, the more chances an A. Rodgers can be available.
                        We need to draft and groom our QB of the future, either mid or late rounds this year, or next year. Don't want to overpay some FA QB who only has 3-4 more years left...need a long term solution...

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Historically, the draft the middle and late round guys only will net you a backup. I don't have a problem with that, because right now we don't have a backup unless C. Jones finally steps up. I will be thrilled if he does, but I would not go into TC with him as our only option as a backup.

If we want a real backup, we probably need to draft someone high. For every Tom Brady (mid-round pick, who develops into a starter), there are 20 guys who never develop. If we want a QB of the future, it almost has to be done in the 1st 3 rounds, unless we can find a guy with some sort of wart that allows him to drop, like Russell Wilson did.

There is merit since that is the best way to develop QB. Forcing your rookie to play right out of the gate is very hit and miss, while letting them develop, and playing them very sparingly has worked far more. However, being in win now mode, are we going to draft a developmental QB? We have just been very successful with the quality picks lately, so it might not be the best timing, especially since we don't really have a backup QB, and are typically reluctant to keep a 2nd backup QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X