• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Jeremiah mocking Mekhi Bechton to us at #6...LOL... Rivers would be:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
    I could live with that if Simmons and Herbert are off the board. But not if simmons is on the board.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I could live with that if Simmons and Herbert are off the board. But not if simmons is on the board.
      Becton is very good, but Simmons is just a total game-wrecker...imagine him and Derwin...DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        The thing about Love....is that he can throw 50 yard strike moving on a rollout. He can scramble and still attack any area of the field.

The opponent has it covered and the pass rush is good. Then Love escapes the pressure and now the opponent has a big problem......

The success of a guy like Mahomes was good for Jordan Love as he can make some of the same off schedule plays.

Copy cat league.
        QB driven league.

QBs with tools get taken early.
        Josh Allen
        Patrick Mahomes
        Daniel Jones
        Ryan Tannenhill
        Blake Bortles

No amount of QB busts will change the over drafting of raw QB talent.

Jordan Love goes top 15 of rd 1.
        Love doesn't see the field like Mahomes...not even close. Mahomes was Roethlesbergeresque at Texas Tech...could move in the pocket and spot the open guy at the last second on a consistent basis.

Its innate..its what makes Mahomes great. A case could be made that Love doesn't see the field well at all. Love is a go to the primary target guy.

It would be a colossal mistake drafting him at #6.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Love doesn't see the field like Mahomes...not even close. Mahomes was Roethlesbergeresque at Texas Tech...could move in the pocket and spot the open guy at the last second on a consistent basis.

Its innate..its what makes Mahomes great. A case could be made that Love doesn't see the field well at all. Love is a go to the primary target guy.

It would be a colossal mistake drafting him at #6.
          If only Love were near as good as Mahomes.
          Just don't see the draw to this guy. Had meh games in the mountain west against New Mexico, Wyoming, and Nevada - Reno while lighting up the likes of Stoney Brook and North Texas.

Amazing what having a strong arm does to draft pundits.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-02-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Then the Bungholes would probably pick him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I do not agree that NT(as we don’t play a true NT) is valuable PON and is far down my list. You can get 2 down quality run stoppers late or UDFA.
              Im a proponent of signing M. Pierce in FA long term for that answer of a proven player that will play limited snaps at a reasonable cap $ for his limited role.
              We’ve invested heavily draft wise at DT/DL as a whole. We have 3-1st rounders, 1-2nd rounder, 2-3rd rounders, & 2-7th rounders currently on the roster with the vast majority 27 or younger.
              Is Brown or Kinlaw worth a first rounder/top 10? FUCK YES! If you want the prospect that has the superior ability to 2-Gap that is Kinlaw, who is also the better pass rusher at this point.

You are correct though. Simmons cannot effectively play SDE or DT as far as I know. He hasn’t aligned there so still up for discussion...:sigh:
              All the Simmons hype is warming me up to the idea. He’s a special player. I still see a core weakness on the Chargers defense as straight up the A (and B)-gap at the line. They lose the LOS battle against good teams. Thats a core of trench theory. Win the LOS. LAC has tried to find “that guy” to anchor that DL for a dozen years without success. If they can improve that spot somewhere else, ok.

Tillery isn’t that anchor guy, he’s the guy that will play well next to the anchor guy.

But Simmons is a different breed of cat entirely. BPA ... I get it
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I do not agree that NT(as we don’t play a true NT) is valuable PON and is far down my list. You can get 2 down quality run stoppers late or UDFA.
                Im a proponent of signing M. Pierce in FA long term for that answer of a proven player that will play limited snaps at a reasonable cap $ for his limited role.
                We’ve invested heavily draft wise at DT/DL as a whole. We have 3-1st rounders, 1-2nd rounder, 2-3rd rounders, & 2-7th rounders currently on the roster with the vast majority 27 or younger.
                Is Brown or Kinlaw worth a first rounder/top 10? FUCK YES! If you want the prospect that has the superior ability to 2-Gap that is Kinlaw, who is also the better pass rusher at this point.

You are correct though. Simmons cannot effectively play SDE or DT as far as I know. He hasn’t aligned there so still up for discussion...:sigh:
                Mebane played only 41% of our defensive snaps. Bosa led all NFL DL with 89% defensive snaps.

Comment

• Newbomb
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2020
                  • Send PM

Doesn't a guy like Brown instantly make the defense better across the board ? Takes pressure off Bosa and Ingram helps out Tillery and gives us more push to help out the DB's ? solidifies the interior and gives us a presence we haven't had since Jamal Williams.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Newbomb View Post
                    Doesn't a guy like Brown instantly make the defense better across the board ? Takes pressure off Bosa and Ingram helps out Tillery and gives us more push to help out the DB's ? solidifies the interior and gives us a presence we haven't had since Jamal Williams.
                    True...but at 6, you are either gonna have Simmons, who is gonna be an opposing OC nightmare, or Okuda, who can shut half the field down...or if they are both gone, that means you gotta top 3 QB. Hell, even if you don't like the QB, you gotta try and get some capitol outta that...

I like Brown, but I think the above holds....it will be Simmons, Okuda, QB, or trade.
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

True...but at 6, you are either gonna have Simmons, who is gonna be an opposing OC nightmare, or Okuda, who can shut half the field down...or if they are both gone, that means you gotta top 3 QB. Hell, even if you don't like the QB, you gotta try and get some capitol outta that...

I like Brown, but I think the above holds....it will be Simmons, Okuda, QB, or trade.
                      I want Simmons followed by BRown followed by a trade down for OT.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Newbomb View Post
                        First - WELCOME TO TPB!

DBrown would absolutely make our front four better. He is not a 2-Gap NT though. He is best suited for 3Tech and 1Tech in passing situations. MONSTER DISRUPTER!
                        I would be ecstatic if we draft Derrick but he is not the only or best option necessarily.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Mebane played only 41% of our defensive snaps. Bosa led all NFL DL with 89% defensive snaps.
                          Your point is?
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X