• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

So what I am setting up here is a worst case scenario, where we can't get a QB or Simmons. So what do we do?

Actually, worst case scenario would be if we reached for a QB anyway and took Jordan Love...at #6, that would suck.
    I've been watching full Jordan Love game films and I've seen him make every throw, his footwork is solid and he can pull the
    ball down and run the option. He has touch, timing and can throw a touch pass. Throws a killer flare pass to a back out of the backfield. Might be his best throw.

Jordan Love is a Bakersfield kid and I think it would be great to see him playing in L.A. Is it possible to trade down, pick up a second round pick, and still select
    QB Jordan Love before Gruden and the Raiders do at #12?

I am now FOR drafting a QB in the 1st Round. When the only option for the Chargers was Herbert I was against it. Now that it's not, I'm advocating J-Love.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...go-in-top-six/

CBS Sports Mock
    1 Cincinnati - Joe Burrow QB
    2 Washington - Tua Tagovailoa QB
    3 Detroit - Chase Young EDGE
    4 NY Giants - Jeff Okudah CB
    5 Miami - Justin Herbert QB
    6 Chargers - Jordan Love QB
    7 Carolina
    8 Arizona
    9 Jacksonville
    10 Cleveland
    11 NY Jets
    12 Las Vegas
    1st ROUND -

Jordan Love QB or Isaiah Simmons LB, or Jedrick Wills OT (My Cluster)

2nd ROUND -

Austin Jackson OT, or Josh Jones, OT or Alex Leatherwood, OT

3rd ROUND -

Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Calvin Throckmorton, OT

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

What amazes me is how so many GMs and scouts get swept away by the combine hype. These guys have been playing all year - are you going to base your friggin draft on the combine for goodness sakes??? If Tua's no there, get BPA (Simmons, Brown, Becton). Stop looking for the "Savior" (other than Tua) and build a team. Go Bolts, and please, TT, NO REACHES!!!

Comment

• Tol
        From Accounting
        • Mar 2019
        • Carlsbad
        • Send PM

Scenario:
        CIN - QB Burrow
        WAS - QB Tua
        NYG - DE Young (Trade up w DET)
        DET - CB Okudah (Trade back w NYG)
        MIA - QB Herbert
        LAC - Brown, Simmons, or OT

Having a front four of Bosa-Brown-Tillery-Ingram sounds pretty good!

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

The thing about Love....is that he can throw 50 yard strike moving on a rollout. He can scramble and still attack any area of the field.

The opponent has it covered and the pass rush is good. Then Love escapes the pressure and now the opponent has a big problem......

The success of a guy like Mahomes was good for Jordan Love as he can make some of the same off schedule plays.

Copy cat league.
          QB driven league.

QBs with tools get taken early.
          Josh Allen
          Patrick Mahomes
          Daniel Jones
          Ryan Tannenhill
          Blake Bortles

No amount of QB busts will change the over drafting of raw QB talent.

Jordan Love goes top 15 of rd 1.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            The thing about Love....is that he can throw 50 yard strike moving on a rollout. He can scramble and still attack any area of the field.

The opponent has it covered and the pass rush is good. Then Love escapes the pressure and now the opponent has a big problem......

The success of a guy like Mahomes was good for Jordan Love as he can make some of the same off schedule plays.

Copy cat league.
            QB driven league.

QBs with tools get taken early.
            Josh Allen
            Patrick Mahomes
            Daniel Jones
            Ryan Tannenhill
            Blake Bortles

No amount of QB busts will change the over drafting of raw QB talent.

Jordan Love goes top 15 of rd 1.
            Agreed.
            the position is changing faster than probably thought
            guys like Love have a chance to thrive in the NFL
            even if they haven’t in college
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

I don't like him. Something about him smells like complete disinterest. He's going to do his own thing. Lackadaisical comes to mind. Love is a mistake at #6 and will not bring fans into the stadium.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                Scenario:
                CIN - QB Burrow
                WAS - QB Tua
                NYG - DE Young (Trade up w DET)
                DET - CB Okudah (Trade back w NYG)
                MIA - QB Herbert
                LAC - Brown, Simmons, or OT

Having a front four of Bosa-Brown-Tillery-Ingram sounds pretty good!
                Agreed! We will have Blue Chip options at 6. Gimme BPA.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I'm not as crazy about Brown as most people are. I've seen games where he disappeared. He's good but not great in my eyes.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    When you are picking as high as #6, you want to either get the QB of the future, or a perennial all pro. I figure Herbert will be there, with an outside chance someone takes Herbert over Tagovailoa, and Tua comes to LA.

If neither of them are there, that means either someone traded ahead of us for a QB, or someone like the Skins, who already have a QB in Haskins, decided one of this years prospects (Tua?) was just too good to pass up...

So in this scenario, you now you have 3 QBs in the top 5, plus you know someone is gonna take Chase Young. That leaves 1 team, probably the Giants, left to pick the remaining unknown. They probably take an olineman, they sure could use one, and the talent is there...but they could also opt for Simmons, or even smarter, trade out to someone who wants Simmons.

So what I am setting up here is a worst case scenario, where we can't get a QB or Simmons. So what do we do?

Some would argue that we should stay there and take BPA. If you think Okuda will be a perennial all pro...sure, make the pick. I guess I could live with that. Otherwise, I hope like hell we trade back. I used to be high on Brown...but I think it is more about what he could do for the Chargers as a need filler, than the fact that he is a special player. I think he is gonna be good....but I pump the brakes on "special"...especially after an average combine performance.
                    I also really like some of the OTs...but there is depth in this class, and not a lot of seperation between the top tier and second tier guys, IMO. If you really want one of the top 4, you can trade back a ways and still nab one I think...Thomas, Whirfs, Becton, Wills....

Worst case scenario, you come out of day 1 with no QB, no extra picks, and Jeffrey Okuda...I wouldn't be mad...mildly disappointed we couldn't get more done, but in the above scenario, I don't see how we could have done better...at least not without trading up.

Actually, worst case scenario would be if we reached for a QB anyway and took Jordan Love...at #6, that would suck.
                    Would you trade your #2 to Washington for Haskins. OT/ILB in the 1st, Haskins for the 2nd.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I've been watching full Jordan Love game films and I've seen him make every throw, his footwork is solid and he can pull the
                      ball down and run the option. He has touch, timing and can throw a touch pass. Throws a killer flare pass to a back out of the backfield. Might be his best throw.

Jordan Love is a Bakersfield kid and I think it would be great to see him playing in L.A. Is it possible to trade down, pick up a second round pick, and still select
                      QB Jordan Love before Gruden and the Raiders do at #12?

I am now FOR drafting a QB in the 1st Round. When the only option for the Chargers was Herbert I was against it. Now that it's not, I'm advocating J-Love.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...go-in-top-six/

CBS Sports Mock
                      1 Cincinnati - Joe Burrow QB
                      2 Washington - Tua Tagovailoa QB
                      3 Detroit - Chase Young EDGE
                      4 NY Giants - Jeff Okudah CB
                      5 Miami - Justin Herbert QB
                      6 Chargers - Jordan Love QB
                      7 Carolina
                      8 Arizona
                      9 Jacksonville
                      10 Cleveland
                      11 NY Jets
                      12 Las Vegas
                      1st ROUND -

Jordan Love QB or Isaiah Simmons LB, or Jedrick Wills OT (My Cluster)

2nd ROUND -

Austin Jackson OT, or Josh Jones, OT or Alex Leatherwood, OT

3rd ROUND -

Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Calvin Throckmorton, OT
                      Leatherwood stayed at Bama.
                      Throckmorton will be lucky to make it as an OG. He is not an NFL OT.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        I'm not as crazy about Brown as most people are. I've seen games where he disappeared. He's good but not great in my eyes.
                        This. Also Tillery not showing up makes me want to look at DL mid to late rounds.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Would you trade your #2 to Washington for Haskins. OT/ILB in the 1st, Haskins for the 2nd.
                          I would rather take Love than haskins...... haskins has no accuracy...... Love actually has touch(which Hebert does not have), mobilty, and a strong arm..... he just needs work on decision making ...

If we cant get Burrow or Tua, then at least Love has some actual upside. compared with all the other remaing QB's..... unfortunately we probably have to take him at 6 because CAR, OAK, TB, INDY, JAX, NE, need QB's... and will trade up for them.....

Comment

Working...
                          X