• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

In that case, the Chargers would have the best OL in the draft at 6.
    A QB at 37 ? The best DT available ?

With wise choices, the Chargers can be in the mix next year.
    Not if Taylor is our QB.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

In the twitter link provided above, a Bungles fan suggests #1 for #6, Joey Bosa, and Derwin James. Yikes.
      Bungles fan, I accept your offer.

Look, I love Joey more than anyone else. Contract considerations and future cap profile are in play here.

Derwin ? That is rough. But I would do it. We would be left with Nas, Rayshaw and APhillips as our front three in Safety population.

Off the top of my head, draft Burrow at #1, Julian Okwara at #37 and Kyle Dugger at #71. There are others. The key is, we get our generational franchise QB, and keep #37 & #71.

I defy MIA or anyone to match this offer. Donate your #33/#99-97 jerseys. I will buy you a new jersey of our new stars.

You don't think CIN would do this ? Look at what else Bungles fan says + look at CIN depth chart.

They get Herbert at #6. Their front four looks awesome with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, Sam Hubbard, JBosa. Derwin puts their DB group over the top with Jessie Bates III, WilliamWillison III, and Darqueze Dennard.

TOP 3 D IN CINCY.

NE traded Chandler Jones, who has only remained a league leader in sacks.

Evolve. Adapt. Or shrink.

We are in a whole new world @ LAC. This is the craziest off season in NFL history. Positional desired skill sets and priority of importance at position groups is changing, amongst other things. Opportunity abounds right now.

Break out Bubble Boy LAC fan.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not if Taylor is our QB.
        Taylor just won Peeble Beach.
        That's a sign !

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

2020 #6 Pick
          2020 #37 Pick
          2020 #71 Pick
          2021 1st rd pick.
          2022 1st rd pick.
          M.Ingram-DE

For 2020 #1 Pick. (And 2020 5th rd pick #129)

Giving all that up is not the farm but hopefully Bengals think it is and say yes to the deal.

Why isn't it the farm?
          Look at Chargers draft history....it is possible those future picks turn out like these players drafted over past drafts by TT or AJ. They had some homeruns, but more singles or strikeouts.

Fluker, Verrett, Gordon, Williams, English, Davis, Cason, Mathews, Luiget, etc.(1st)

Attaochu, Teo, Lamp, Perryman, Reyes, Taylor, Gilchrist, Mouton, etc. (2nd)

Tuerk, Watt, Mager, Jones, Feeney, Taylor, Wright, Brown (3rd)

They could also be these players.
          Bosa, James, Ingram (1st)
          Henry (2nd)
          Allen (3rd)

Give up the picks. Swap #6 for #1. Chargers are much more likely to not hit homeruns with #37, #71, 2021 1st. 2022 1st. Let the Bengals take swings at those spots.

Veteran free agents have NFL gametape. So its less guesswork about what they can do in the NFL. And you can make up for those 4 picks you lost in the deal. Four unknown future picks. In my view this is not a hard decison to make. Give up the picks.

Chargers FO should be thinking Bird in Hand.
          Whatever it takes. Make the deal.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Look, I love Joey more than anyone else. Contract considerations and future cap profile are in play here.

Derwin ? That is rough. But I would do it. We would be left with Nas, Rayshaw and APhillips as our front three in Safety population.

Off the top of my head, draft Burrow at #1, Julian Okwara at #37 and Kyle Dugger at #71. There are others. The key is, we get our generational franchise QB, and keep #37 & #71.

I defy MIA or anyone to match this offer. Donate your #33/#99-97 jerseys. I will buy you a new jersey of our new stars.

You don't think CIN would do this ? Look at what else Bungles fan says + look at CIN depth chart.

They get Herbert at #6. Their front four looks awesome with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, Sam Hubbard, JBosa. Derwin puts their DB group over the top with Jessie Bates III, WilliamWillison III, and Darqueze Dennard.

TOP 3 D IN CINCY.

We are in a whole new world @ LAC. This is the craziest off season in NFL history. Positional desired skill sets and priority of importance at position groups is changing, amongst other things. Opportunity abounds right now.

Break out Bubble Boy LAC fan.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
            Yikes is right. For Burrow, I would deal our #6, next year's #1 and possibly Bosa, because he's in the last year of his deal, it would cost bank to keep him, and it's not even certain he'll be back. Another variable is maybe Bosa would balk at the deal, or just play out his last year with the Bumgals, then sign with the team he really wants. Cinci might balk at that lack of leverage without a multi-year deal in place at trade time. But not Derwin...no...don't trade him...

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

As long as we get that 2020 5th rounder im good
              green text
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Football is still the ultimate team game. The Chiefs got over the top by adding pieces on defense and changing coordinators. Remember when Dallas traded Hershel Walker to Minn for a boatload of picks? Dallas went on to win 3 titles while Minn sucked.

we need to add pieces not trade the future for Burrow.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

TOP 3 D IN CINCY.

You'd have to be prepared wu-dai for a few 3 - 13 seasons with that move.

And i just don't think burrow is any where close to being a generational qb.

Mahomes is and they passed on him.

To give up the farm now for burrows would be a disaster. That's not thinking outside the box, that's committing hari-kari

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    2020 #6 Pick
                    2020 #37 Pick
                    2020 #71 Pick
                    2021 1st rd pick.
                    2022 1st rd pick.
                    M.Ingram-DE

For 2020 #1 Pick. (And 2020 5th rd pick #129)

Giving all that up is not the farm but hopefully Bengals think it is and say yes to the deal.

Why isn't it the farm?
                    Look at Chargers draft history....it is possible those future picks turn out like these players drafted over past drafts by TT or AJ. They had some homeruns, but more singles or strikeouts.

Fluker, Verrett, Gordon, Williams, English, Davis, Cason, Mathews, Luiget, etc.(1st)

Attaochu, Teo, Lamp, Perryman, Reyes, Taylor, Gilchrist, Mouton, etc. (2nd)

Tuerk, Watt, Mager, Jones, Feeney, Taylor, Wright, Brown (3rd)

They could also be these players.
                    Bosa, James, Ingram (1st)
                    Henry (2nd)
                    Allen (3rd)

Give up the picks. Swap #6 for #1. Chargers are much more likely to not hit homeruns with #37, #71, 2021 1st. 2022 1st. Let the Bengals take swings at those spots.

Veteran free agents have NFL gametape. So its less guesswork about what they can do in the NFL. And you can make up for those 4 picks you lost in the deal. Four unknown future picks. In my view this is not a hard decison to make. Give up the picks.

Chargers FO should be thinking Bird in Hand.
                    Whatever it takes. Make the deal.

That's a lot. If you want to include Ingram, im fine with that but then you need to withdraw either #37 or #71 because I don't think we need to include the 2022 first rounder.....but since you did, offering up Ingram imo needs to withdraw one of the others I mentioned.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yikes is right. For Burrow, I would deal our #6, next year's #1 and possibly Bosa, because he's in the last year of his deal, it would cost bank to keep him, and it's not even certain he'll be back. Another variable is maybe Bosa would balk at the deal, or just play out his last year with the Bumgals, then sign with the team he really wants. Cinci might balk at that lack of leverage without a multi-year deal in place at trade time. But not Derwin...no...don't trade him...
                      I would even throw in this year's 2nd, but that would be my top offer. I certainly wouldn't include James under any circumstances.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Apparently "injury prone" doesn't apply to Derwin James.

:stirringshit:
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Los Angeles
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I would even throw in this year's 2nd, but that would be my top offer. I certainly wouldn't include James under any circumstances.
                          Same, James represents being a Charger to the fullest and should be the cornerstone of our defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X