• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I repeat, he brings more to the defense than Brown would. But what you said does remind me of what McCoy said.

"you saw how well we played for 3 quarters"
    so true...... 3 quarters is not enough...... Reid, mahomes and that super speedy offense showed that even the best defense in NFL with the best all high first round pick DLs, could not keep that offense from scoring 30+ points when it needed to....with that kind of QB, scheme and fastest in NFL skill players, they would eventually get open and score points.... a 10 point lead is only 2 plays....... 49ers needed a better QB so they could score more points......

today it is also far easier to score over 30 points than it is to stop teams from scoring.......with the rules the way they are, its nearly impossible to play great defense no matter how good your players are...........

Chargers number one problem last year was inability to score points...... so it is good that this draft is loaded with offensive talent..... at least 2 great QB's, a number of great OL, lots of great WR's and RB's, and a number of good receiving TE's......

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

so true...... 3 quarters is not enough...... Reid, mahomes and that super speedy offense showed that even the best defense in NFL with the best all high first round pick DLs, could not keep that offense from scoring 30+ points when it needed to....with that kind of QB, scheme and fastest in NFL skill players, they would eventually get open and score points.... a 10 point lead is only 2 plays....... 49ers needed a better QB so they could score more points......

today it is also far easier to score over 30 points than it is to stop teams from scoring.......with the rules the way they are, its nearly impossible to play great defense no matter how good your players are...........

Chargers number one problem last year was inability to score points...... so it is good that this draft is loaded with offensive talent..... at least 2 great QB's, a number of great OL, lots of great WR's and RB's, and a number of good receiving TE's......
      I am not necessarily ready to buy this narrative.

Patrick and Lamar are currently precisely where Kaep was a few years ago.

And before y'all get all engorged about Isaiah Simmons, I remind you that the comp for Derrick Brown is Reggie White.

Chargers D is pretty close to being able to hold up vs KC for four quarters.

The Rivers era is over.

Evolve or go extinct.

We play modern defensive football.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

And before y'all get all engorged about Isaiah Simmons, I remind you that the comp for Derrick Brown is Reggie White.

The Rivers era is over.

Evolve or go extinct.

I would take this. If herbert is off the board I;m good with that pick.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I've seen almost every game Herbert played and he made throws today that he never or seldom made at Oregon. I've been in a mode of hoping the pundits are wrong and we won't draft him but he sure was making all the throws today. I sure wonder why the difference? If we do take him now, I'll feel better about the pick. He showed he can put some air under it and threw some softer passes in the shorter routes. Surprised me.
          I have not seen them all but the film I've seen reflects what most have said... ....

The best way to judge QB's is to watch them in real games against real defenses......hard to judge QB's at practice or against really poor defenses....... Combine workouts show how good of an athlete players are, but not how good of football players they are....both are important but there is a huge difference.....especially for QB's......

Biggest thing is that impressive athletics at combine should not change the rankings based on 4 years of struggles and lack of touch, etc in real games that Hebert has had.....i'm not sure if pro coaching can change that..... was he badly coached in college?

I hate when every year, before the draft, people/media/draft experts start trying to find little flaws in great players who were great for most or all of their college careers....... or they start trying to create reasons to elevate players who have been flawed for their whole careers like Hebert?...... Based on how TT handled the Bosa draft, I expect he won't be changing his QB rankings much based on the combine workouts......though the medical and interviews are more important than the workouts and those can(and should) affect final rankings........

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

The Rivers era is over.

Evolve or go extinct.

Solak at Draft Network comps Brown to Suh. But hey, either way--White, Suh--no doubt--Brown is a monster! Imagine both Brown and Simmons there at #6. In that case, maybe I DON'T trade down...I'll say this--with Brown in there to command double teams, Bosa breaks free for a 15+ sack season!!! Maybe Brown is TT's secret weapon to keeping Bosa with the Bolts...

image.png
            image.png
            image.png
            https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/d...own/pApm8s4Bhi

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Solak at Draft Network comps Brown to Suh. But hey, either way--White, Suh--no doubt--Brown is a monster! Imagine both Brown and Simmons there at #6. In that case, maybe I DON'T trade down...I'll say this--with Brown in there to command double teams, Bosa breaks free for a 15+ sack season!!! Maybe Brown is TT's secret weapon to keeping Bosa with the Bolts...

What's going to keep Bosa on the Bolts? Respect.... with a new contract. Picking up the 5th year option is a cop out given the change in the NFL top ten draft picks and compensation for the first four years.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

The Rivers era is over.

Evolve or go extinct.

who is Kaep??

Lamar is a great runner not a great passer...... Mahomes is a great mobile passer..... huge difference......Lamar is 0-2 in playoffs because defenses can scheme against a running QB....

Chargers have done better than most against mahomes, but we have never stopped him or Reid's offense when Smith was QB..... we out scored him once ONLY because we went for a 2 point conversion after a clutch drive by Rivers.......against a very bad KC defense......

The KC defense this year was not great but it was improved enough to keep weaker offenses like ours from out scoring them......

Chiefs were also blessed in playoffs by not having to play Ravens or NE ....both would have b been more of a challenge to the chiefs defense than the texans or titans......

Are you saying you believe Chargers defense is better than the 49ers defense?........ chargers probably understand how to play against mahomes better than 49ers because we've played him 4 times...... but 49ers currently have much better personnel overall on defense and on offense.....

I agree, we are starting a new era and we need to evolve and rebuild our offense with a great mobile passing QB, better OL, better RB, and adding speed at WR, RB and TE..... that is what we need to build an offense that scores points...... much easier to build a high scoring offense than it is to build a shut down defense..... because with todays rules its impossible to stop a great offense...... you might slow them down but you cannot stop them.......

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

The Rivers era is over.

Evolve or go extinct.

I’d rather plug that gaping hole in the DL with Reggie White than draft another James. But who knows ...
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

image.png
                    image.png
                    image.png
                    https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/d...own/pApm8s4Bhi
                    If I were Bosa, Chargers would have to add a talented rookie QB so he will know the Chargers mean it when they say they want to be winners....... you cannot win games today against good teams without as high scoring offense...... unless you are playing bad teams...... It had to kill Bosa and our defense ;last year watching our offense stinking up the game and struggling to score points every week......

What really helps a pass rush is scoring over 30 points per game..... that forces the opposing team to abandon the run and pass and pass which makes pass rushing much much easier...... Reid understands this and that is why he built his team to score lots of points quickly..... and why he has owned the Chargers since he took the chiefs job....

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

If I were Bosa, Chargers would have to add a talented rookie QB so he will know the Chargers mean it when they say they want to be winners....... you cannot win games today against good teams without as high scoring offense...... unless you are playing bad teams...... It had to kill Bosa and our defense ;last year watching our offense stinking up the game and struggling to score points every week......

What really helps a pass rush is scoring over 30 points per game..... that forces the opposing team to abandon the run and pass and pass which makes pass rushing much much easier...... Reid understands this and that is why he built his team to score lots of points quickly..... and why he has owned the Chargers since he took the chiefs job....
                      Agreed.
                      been saying this for a while now.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Agreed.
                        been saying this for a while now.
                        Not getting double teamed every play helps too.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Honest answer.?.?
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub