TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Fleet. Nutty. Trenchers. Everyone.
    I just heard something big.
    Per Field Yates one hour ago.
    LAC Oline Coach Pat Meyer is going to Carolina w/Rhule !!

This changes everything.
    Interesting.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Oh man....
      anyone have any clue as to who might be available options for OL coach???
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I’ll take a bag of hammers.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Oh man....
          anyone have any clue as to who might be available options for OL coach???
          No idea! I just find it interesting that Myers leaves now. Why now? Why does he think the situation with a new coach is better than the current situation, and what about all his effort towards the final development of all these offensive linemen and the relationships he's forged with them?

I suppose we all suspect the answer. He has no faith that the line will be anything but subpar next year, and Lynn will get the axe.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Hes also the run game coordinator. OL sucked. The run game sucked.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The draft day threads should be titled: Draft Day, Time To Explode These Heads. Cuz reality.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Hes also the run game coordinator. OL sucked. The run game sucked.
                Here's another possibility: Maybe Meyer recommended certain formations and packages for the ground game, and Whiz blew him off most of the time. Maybe after Whiz was canned, Meyer got no help from Stitch either...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Still not sold on the QBs outside of Burrows. I dont think its worth much risk if Tua or Herbert doesnt pan out though. I guess thats if its only a 6th overall. If Telesco trades up and it fails? I was certainly a lot higher on Mahomes and Watson.

I guess if someone said quick....Fleet you have 30 seconds to make a pick right now. I would go with someone i think starts from the get go and is a perennial All Star....and thats Derrick Brown. I also think Andrew Thomas makes a really good OT. Right and Left.

When you draft high...its so easy to look at all the shiny weapons....but we forget you cant wage war without tanks. And we need them bad.
                  Yep...line up some nice big O-line tanks, and even an average QB, as long as he avoids turnovers, can look pretty good...

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Still not sold on the QBs outside of Burrows. I dont think its worth much risk if Tua or Herbert doesnt pan out though. I guess thats if its only a 6th overall. If Telesco trades up and it fails? I was certainly a lot higher on Mahomes and Watson.

I guess if someone said quick....Fleet you have 30 seconds to make a pick right now. I would go with someone i think starts from the get go and is a perennial All Star....and thats Derrick Brown. I also think Andrew Thomas makes a really good OT. Right and Left.

When you draft high...its so easy to look at all the shiny weapons....but we forget you cant wage war without tanks. And we need them bad.
                    takeaway from the SB.... both Burrow and Herbert had top shelf Olines.

will be (very) disappointed if we spend our 6 overall on a QB, and.... also don't want Fromm @37, as would much prefer Cushenberry there, or Swift if he somehow fell.

and hell yeah to D. Brown, and of course to AT.
                    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

https://nfldraftrite.com/2019/12/27/joshua-kelley-scouting-report/

https://withthefirstpick.com/2019/11/23/usc-vs-ucla-5-2020-nfl-draft-prospects-to-watch/2/

https://oklahoman.com/article/5640786/ou-football-ucla-scouting-report-time-tv-radio-odds
                      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

If I remember correctly, OL coach Meyer had to get LAC permission for a lateral team transfer, OLC - OLC if his contract was in effect. Either way LAC didn't choose to keep him.
                        Many of us have wondered about apparent lack of / slow at best young OL development. Could be a positive move in the works. Let's hope.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Mystifying why any other team would want him, have they not been watching our games??

Comment

Working...
                          X