Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

A WR @#6 would make me puke and root for Spani/TT/staff to be publicly drawn and quartered for complete ineptitude. Afterwards I would gladly urinate on the remainder of their corpses.
    I'm with you. There are many good WR's in this draft, no need to use the #6 pick on one.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

So much great discussion about draft prospects like D. Brown of Auburn and Thomas of UGA on this thread. I wanted to link a video of the UGA vs Auburn Game that shows both prospects in action. Also shows Swift and Fromm in action. I like Isiah Wilson too and shocked there is not more discussion about him on this board especially in the later rounds.

The highlights of the game is around 12 minutes long but I thought that most posters have a lot of time on their hands right now.

I thought D. Brown got shut down for this game and got dominated by the UGA offensive line.

Enjoy !

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm with you. There are many good WR's in this draft, no need to use the #6 pick on one.
        For a team that had a nightmare getting touchdowns in the redzone I don't agree. If you watched the video it states ceedee lamb is the real deal and worthy of a top ten pick. I say if our QB's are off the board you could have joe schmo as a QB just playing pitch and toss all day to Cee dee and if he's one on one most of the time it's a TD.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Had the Chargers drafted Gardner Minshew instead of Easton Stick would that excite anybody?

Or Drew Lock instead of Jerry Tillery?

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
            Had the Chargers drafted Gardner Minshew instead of Easton Stick would that excite anybody?

Or Drew Lock instead of Jerry Tillery?
            or Jarrett Stidham instead of Drue Tranqui!!
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

For a team that had a nightmare getting touchdowns in the redzone I don't agree. If you watched the video it states ceedee lamb is the real deal and worthy of a top ten pick. I say if our QB's are off the board you could have joe schmo as a QB just playing pitch and toss all day to Cee dee and if he's one on one most of the time it's a TD.
              fwiw.... will add that both late rounders Josh Pearson and Binjimen Victor both have had a (red) nose for the end zone.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

fwiw.... will add that both late rounders Josh Pearson and Binjimen Victor both have had a (red) nose for the end zone.
                Pearson in much greater frequency.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Lamb needs a lot of work on running routes. He has the speed to beat college guys, and has a little bit if guile in how he runs them, but mostly he is just a guy they try to get the ball to in space and let the best athlete on the field make plays. He needs to get a lot better at beating press coverage at the line.

Lamb is the kind of player who can be somewhat productive immediately, but he won't be really productive until he develops as a route runner. But give him a couple years, he can be a true #1 receiver with great hands, that can make big plays on any short catch. He turns an absurd # of short crosses and bubble screens and turns them into huge chunk plays.

Playing him in the slot early in his career gives him a way to avoid the press coverage, while he develops. And Mike Williams and Kennan Allen are both going to be FA at the end of the season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                    So much great discussion about draft prospects like D. Brown of Auburn and Thomas of UGA on this thread. I wanted to link a video of the UGA vs Auburn Game that shows both prospects in action. Also shows Swift and Fromm in action. I like Isiah Wilson too and shocked there is not more discussion about him on this board especially in the later rounds.

The highlights of the game is around 12 minutes long but I thought that most posters have a lot of time on their hands right now.

I thought D. Brown got shut down for this game and got dominated by the UGA offensive line.

Enjoy !

I haven't watched a lot of Isaiah Wilson, but what little i saw i kind of liked.

He's definitely a right tackle, and the Charges already have one.

Brown is not a pon & he's not a generational player - so i'd pass given all the OTs and others available.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

:lol:
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

One of the top tackles in the draft is willing to play on the right side or the left side. But Tristan Wirfs has an explanation for the difference between the bookend positions on the offensive line.

“I feel most comfortable at right tackle, but I’ve played both,” Wirfs told 850 ESPN Cleveland earlier this week. “It doesn’t really matter to me. Coach Ferentz, he always says he doesn’t see a big difference between right and left. He says tackles are at a premium. People are always looking for tackles. I’ll play wherever the team wants me to. I’ll play safety if they need me to.”

But there’s still a difference between right and left, even though it’s not a major one.

“When I first started flipping back and forth, I think I was trying to look for a big difference,” Wirfs said. “Honestly, the only thing different is you got your other hand down. It just feels awkward at first but once you settle in it feels fine. . . . It kinda feels like wiping your butt with your other hand. It just feels a little awkward at first, but you get used to it.”
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I agree that Lamb is good - very dangerous after the catch but I believe there are several other WR's in this draft that can fill our need for another WR. For that reason I'd much sooner they wait to draft a WR.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X