• Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    Fromm over Eason or Herbert?
    hes the only one of that group that will make it to #37.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

if you were team TommyJohn…. would you draft him ?? and anything on Jon Runyan (any interest in drafting him ?)
      Yes, CHeck is draftable. I don’t have a finished grade on him but early day 3 is likely.

Runyan has good traits and tape. His core technique fundamentals are solid. He is limited athletically to consistently handle edge length, speed, players. I think he kicks inside. Like his traits, mentality, size, and movement abilities to be maximized at OC in a power scheme. Like most college OL prospects he needs core strength, grip strength, and hand strike use development.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Waldman on a couple of the QBs.

Podcast - https://content.blubrry.com/mattwald...-schofield.mp3

​​​​​​On this week’s RSP Cast, Mark Schofield and Matt Waldman share their thoughts on Senior Bowl quarterbacks Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, and Jalen Hurts as they head to Mobile, Alabama for a week of practice.

Mark Schofield and I love studying quarterbacks. In this RSP cast, we go deep into the games of three of the most intriguing 2020 quarterback prospects who will be in Mobile, Alabama for the Reese’s Senior Bowl.
        • Why Justin Herbert’s game elicits conversation about the all-or-nothing attitude that’s pervasive with quarterback evaluation among the league, media, and fans.
        • Where Herbert’s game has elite traits and could serve him well as a future starter.
        • What’s the specific tell with Herbert’s release that indicates confusion about what he’s seeing downfield?
        • A telling stat from Matt’s charting of Jalen Hurts that counters the idea that he’s solely a running quarterback with a playground mentality for a passer.
        • Why Mark and Matt believe Hurts has developmental potential as a starter.
        • How Hurts’ legs will be over-emphasized in the media and linking him to Lamar Jackson is an egregious simplification of two players who are nowhere near alike.
        • Why Mark believes Jordan Love is worth a first-round grade.
        • What about Love’s behavior scares Matt but could be a phase that Love grows out of.
        • Teams that would be a good fit for Love if he could sit for a year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Fleet, these are best of the best sources, these two.

I do remember some talky-talk about Nate Peterman, though.

QB analysis and development is always a cautionary tale.

These judgement calls will be so, so fateful.

NE and LAC have expressed desires to resolve their QB situations before the crucial date of March 16.

How many completely conflicting scouting reports will there be on these draftable QBs ?

I have never been so wait n see regarding a Charger off season.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Fleet, these are best of the best sources, these two.

I do remember some talky-talk about Nate Peterman, though.

QB analysis and development is always a cautionary tale.

These judgement calls will be so, so fateful.

NE and LAC have expressed desires to resolve their QB situations before the crucial date of March 16.

How many completely conflicting scouting reports will there be on these draftable QBs ?

I have never been so wait n see regarding a Charger off season.
            Still not sold on the QBs outside of Burrows. I dont think its worth much risk if Tua or Herbert doesnt pan out though. I guess thats if its only a 6th overall. If Telesco trades up and it fails? I was certainly a lot higher on Mahomes and Watson.

I guess if someone said quick....Fleet you have 30 seconds to make a pick right now. I would go with someone i think starts from the get go and is a perennial All Star....and thats Derrick Brown. I also think Andrew Thomas makes a really good OT. Right and Left.

When you draft high...its so easy to look at all the shiny weapons....but we forget you cant wage war without tanks. And we need them bad.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Still not sold on the QBs outside of Burrows. I dont think its worth much risk if Tua or Herbert doesnt pan out though. I guess thats if its only a 6th overall. If Telesco trades up and it fails? I was certainly a lot higher on Mahomes and Watson.

I guess if someone said quick....Fleet you have 30 seconds to make a pick right now. I would go with someone i think starts from the get go and is a perennial All Star....and thats Derrick Brown. I also think Andrew Thomas makes a really good OT. Right and Left.

When you draft high...its so easy to look at all the shiny weapons....but we forget you cant wage war without tanks. And we need them bad.
              Fleet. Nutty. Trenchers. Everyone.
              I just heard something big.
              Per Field Yates one hour ago.
              LAC Oline Coach Pat Meyer is going to Carolina w/Rhule !!

This changes everything.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Hell yes!!!

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

This changes everything.
                  Best news I've heard all day!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

This changes everything.
                    Wow...I don't think he should get to quit though...fire him TT, before he gets the drop on you...

Hell, for all we know, he wasn't a bad coach...we just got some lemons...but if the reverse is true, and we can get a lot more out of some of the guys we already have...I hope we find the right coach to do just that.

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

This changes everything.
                      I don't see this as a negative. Maybe Rhule likes Stewart too

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I remember that you have long liked Thomas for us in round 1. We used to think that there was no way he would be there for us. Well...let's do this.

Shit. This is fun. I have grappled with understanding Pat Meyer for years.

Let's see...Tevi is a Guard. Lamp is a Tackle...

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I remember that you have long liked Thomas for us in round 1. We used to think that there was no way he would be there for us. Well...let's do this.

Shit. This is fun. I have grappled with understanding Pat Meyer for years.

Let's see...Tevi is a Guard. Lamp is a Tackle...
                          Follow the feet!

This is the best scene of Monty Phyton's "Life of Brian". Follow "The Shoe Is The Sign" group on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                          X