• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Copying this from our draft section....

12-22-2019, 11:17 PM
    My after week 16 offseason ideas and draft plan without trades, etc.....

Our QB situation is a complete unknown so I am calculating going QB in 2021. Also the health of both Pouncey and Okung unknown and are “hopes” at best. Pouncey was inconsistent before a serious neck injury. Okung if healthy would be a huge boon. I will be operating under the scenario that both will not play. I’m also going to assume we get a 4th round comp pick in 2020. **Trading back out of the top 10 on any of this year, to acquire 2021 draft capital is a very real possibility, for 2021 QB.

Retain with new contracts Hunter Henry, Adrian Phillips, Derek Watt, Sean Culkin, and all RFA/ERFA. Extend Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, King, and Ekeler.
    Hire Joseph Brady as OC. Hire Rex Ryan as DC.

Free Agent market.
    OT market quickly gets significantly over priced and our pursuit ends early.
    Sign OC/OG Graham Glasgow. *6’ 6” - 310#
    Sign NT Michael Pierce. *6’ - 340#
    Sign CB Darqueze Dennard. *5’ 11” - 200#

2020 DRAFT........

1) Isaiah Simmons (OLB) CLEM 6’ 4” 230#
    - incredible instincts, ballhawk, absolute uber athlete, length, range, insane tackler in open field or close quarters, explosive blitzer, creates turnovers, leader, cover TEs/WRs/RBs, needs to improve block deconstruction. This kid, like Derwin just bigger, can play everything except DT. He will never come off the field. Can change games defensively.

2) Trey Adams (OT) UW 6’ 8” 314# (assuming all medicals come back clean)
    - huge dude with wingspan, length, huge hands provide brawny grip strength, wide balanced base, excellent fundamentals/mechanics, power in hand strikes, and obtains good depth in kickslide. Will need to continue to work on hand placement, staying engaged to 2nd level defenders in run game, hip drive flexibility, and inside power counters. Without injury history top 20 guy.

3) Jeff Gladney (CB) TCU 6’ 183#
    - electric speed and acceleration, good length, flexibility, elite ballskills, advanced route recognition IQ, a true gambler, explosive leaping ability, willing quality tackler, looks bigger than listed weight on 2019 tape, sloppy tight footwork yet still excellent COD, grabby at TOR, mistimed jumps allow taller receivers to highpoint. Elite speed at CB to match up in man concepts. Like to see him play about 190#.

4A) Ke’Shawn Vaughn (RB) VANDY 5’ 10” 218#
    - excellent vision, burst, elite contact balance, tough, driven to succeed, strong leg drive, ball security, speed to get corner & EZ, good hands and route execution, decisive cutting agility but needs to be more patient (comes from lousy inconsistent blocking), quality passpro skillset. Needs to improve identifying blitz scheme quicker, develop patience/hesitation step, and pass game understanding. Love this kid.

4B) Yasir Durant (OT) MIZZOU 6’ 7” 330#
    - Big, physical, kodiak with length, athleticism, power, and a nasty FINISHER’s demeanor. Light feet, wide base, length to extend arc, power through hips, destroys 2nd level defenders, big mitts provide torque power thru grip strength, not fast but covers ground quickly upto 10-15 yards, decent lateral mobility, excellent flexibility for big dude, when sits in anchor with leverage = can’t be moved. Needs to improve overall core strength which will lead to dominant results. Couple minor technical issues that are coachable in kickslide and handstrike placement/timing.

5) Adam Trautman (TE) DAYTON 6’ 6” 256#
    - Big, athletic, high football IQ (former QB), small schooler who grew into completely dominating his division. Good route stems from inline, slot, and boundary. Shows excellent hands, body control, concentration through catch window, RAC ability, redzone weapon & 1st down producer. Willing blocker in form, tenacity, strength, and attitude. Level of competition, toughness, grit, and play speed will be things to watch at Senior Bowl week.

6) Josiah Coatney (NT/DT) OLE MISS 6’ 4” 325#
    - stout, agile, big man with some interior rush capabilities who played anywhere from 0-5 tech. Plays with outstanding leverage and possess quality length to disengage and make stops. Non stop motor, relentless, average burst/get-off but can reset LOS with power & leverage, effective stalematting double teams. Can let eyes betray block scheme diagnoses, doesn’t feel screens early, needs to improve working 1/2 man in 1on1s.

7) Joe Reed (WR/RS) UVA 6’ 1” 215#
    - big time speed and acceleration, can eliminate angles, produced huge plays in return game throughout career, improved as a receiver over the last 3 seasons. Shows strong hands, concentration through catch point, elite body control/field vision/acceleration. Provides RAC all day, flexibility in run game, ST big play ability, and vertical threat. Development needing in route tree/stems and timing.

Vision Recap....

ROSTER

QB = ?, Taylor, Stick
    RB = Vaughn, Ekeler, Jackson, Watt
    TE = Henry, Trautman, Culkin, Green (Volert)
    WR = Slayer, MWill, Reed, Scott, Moore, Cantrell (UDFAs)
    IOL = Glasgow, Lamp, Feeney, QBerry, TScott
    OT = Adams, Durant, Pipkins, Tevi *

DE/LEO = Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, Nwosu
    DT/NT = Pierce, Jones, Tillery, Coatney, (Broughton)*
    LB = Simmons, White, Tranquil, Perryman, Egbule, (Dzubner), (UDFAs)*
    CB = Hayward, MDavis, DKing, Gladney, Dennard, (Facyson)*
    DS = James, Jenkins, Adderly, Phillips, (Teamer)

PK= Badgley
    P = Long
    LS - Mazza

* 4th OT should be converted to (OG/OT). Tevi, TScott, or Durant could make quality OGs. Lots of position versatility depth.

COORDINATORS

Offensively = creative, opportunistic, deceptive, COMMITMENT to the running game, multiple screen designs, PA and change of pocket location

Defensively = aggressive, sound fundamentally, multi blitz/coverage concepts, isolate elite pass rushers, produce TURNOVERS and 3rd down STOPS.

** added after original post

2019 Adopt - A - Bolt

KYZIR WHITE

CORTEZ BROUGHTON

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

One thing about Wirfs...I think it was Ninja? who pointed it out...he does let defenders get into his chest...he will sometimes come out of his stance high with arms wide...defender gets inside his arms, right in his chest, and gets leverage. Funny thing, even when they do, they usually only manage a stalemate with him, and are often still taken out of the play. Wirfs is such a beast, he gets away with this now...but he won't in the pros...but I think he can definitely be coached out of that bad habit.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Do we use a high 7 on a guy that most likely comes in and stays at RT? Thomas may be the only true elite LT prospect. Can Wills make the move to LT after playing RT to protect Tua's blindside? If we are using a 7 on a stud RT i wont bitch. But it feels similar to the Fluker thing. Id rather trade back a little and target an OL if its not Thomas. I mean we are sitting at 7 now. That is really high. OL is imperative but pick 7 for a guy who doesn't even protect your QBs blindside may seem like a reach. I want a LT at 7. I think RT is an easier acquisition.

So if the idea is to draft the RT of the future at 7 and then let Okung walk after next year....are we not then looking for a LT in the draft next year? Id rather move back for a guy like Austin Jackson and then start him out at RT. But drafting RTs who will stay at RT in the pros feels like a huge price with the 7 pick.

If i have an opportunity to add a special full time player at other positions i have to consider it. Again come back in the 2nd and look at RT. Not impossible with that 2nd pick inside the top 40. There are really good OT prospects in this draft that should still be there that would make great RTs.

I really think 7 should be BPA. And if its CB/DT or LB im not sad. But OL needs to be priority number 1. Im just saying that cat can be skinned in other ways that dont require using the 7th overall on a RT.
        I'm sorry i brought up the Fluker comparison...its a bit unfair. Comparing tape of the 2013 Fluker with the 2014/15/16 Fluker, they look like two different players.
        Why Fluker didn't succeed i do not know:
        an ankle injury sustained his 2nd year; pairing him up with god knows who; a weight gain; the Chargers suck at developing offensive linemen & have the patience of a child...all came into play. The 2013 Fluker was worth pick #11.

Pipkens might be the LT of the future; If you get your RT of the future this draft, that's fine...just so much that you actually get him.

Chargers won't fix everything this draft

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Chili, what do you think of these three IDL for your round 2 mock:

image.png

image.png

image.png

havent seen any film on college guys so going by what is printed there:

Neville Gallimore sounds like some good medicine. Would he be available in 2nd rnd?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

havent seen any film on college guys so going by what is printed there:

Neville Gallimore sounds like some good medicine. Would he be available in 2nd rnd?
            All three of these should be available in round 2 when we draft, if we take Wirfs in round 1, according to the Draft Network draft machine:

Last edited by Topcat; 12-27-2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
              Copying this from our draft section....

12-22-2019, 11:17 PM
              My after week 16 offseason ideas and draft plan without trades, etc.....

Our QB situation is a complete unknown so I am calculating going QB in 2021. Also the health of both Pouncey and Okung unknown and are “hopes” at best. Pouncey was inconsistent before a serious neck injury. Okung if healthy would be a huge boon. I will be operating under the scenario that both will not play. I’m also going to assume we get a 4th round comp pick in 2020. **Trading back out of the top 10 on any of this year, to acquire 2021 draft capital is a very real possibility, for 2021 QB.

Retain with new contracts Hunter Henry, Adrian Phillips, Derek Watt, Sean Culkin, and all RFA/ERFA. Extend Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, King, and Ekeler.
              Hire Joseph Brady as OC. Hire Rex Ryan as DC.

Free Agent market.
              OT market quickly gets significantly over priced and our pursuit ends early.
              Sign OC/OG Graham Glasgow. *6’ 6” - 310#
              Sign NT Michael Pierce. *6’ - 340#
              Sign CB Darqueze Dennard. *5’ 11” - 200#

2020 DRAFT........

1) Isaiah Simmons (OLB) CLEM 6’ 4” 230#
              - incredible instincts, ballhawk, absolute uber athlete, length, range, insane tackler in open field or close quarters, explosive blitzer, creates turnovers, leader, cover TEs/WRs/RBs, needs to improve block deconstruction. This kid, like Derwin just bigger, can play everything except DT. He will never come off the field. Can change games defensively.

2) Trey Adams (OT) UW 6’ 8” 314# (assuming all medicals come back clean)
              - huge dude with wingspan, length, huge hands provide brawny grip strength, wide balanced base, excellent fundamentals/mechanics, power in hand strikes, and obtains good depth in kickslide. Will need to continue to work on hand placement, staying engaged to 2nd level defenders in run game, hip drive flexibility, and inside power counters. Without injury history top 20 guy.

3) Jeff Gladney (CB) TCU 6’ 183#
              - electric speed and acceleration, good length, flexibility, elite ballskills, advanced route recognition IQ, a true gambler, explosive leaping ability, willing quality tackler, looks bigger than listed weight on 2019 tape, sloppy tight footwork yet still excellent COD, grabby at TOR, mistimed jumps allow taller receivers to highpoint. Elite speed at CB to match up in man concepts. Like to see him play about 190#.

4A) Ke’Shawn Vaughn (RB) VANDY 5’ 10” 218#
              - excellent vision, burst, elite contact balance, tough, driven to succeed, strong leg drive, ball security, speed to get corner & EZ, good hands and route execution, decisive cutting agility but needs to be more patient (comes from lousy inconsistent blocking), quality passpro skillset. Needs to improve identifying blitz scheme quicker, develop patience/hesitation step, and pass game understanding. Love this kid.

4B) Yasir Durant (OT) MIZZOU 6’ 7” 330#
              - Big, physical, kodiak with length, athleticism, power, and a nasty FINISHER’s demeanor. Light feet, wide base, length to extend arc, power through hips, destroys 2nd level defenders, big mitts provide torque power thru grip strength, not fast but covers ground quickly upto 10-15 yards, decent lateral mobility, excellent flexibility for big dude, when sits in anchor with leverage = can’t be moved. Needs to improve overall core strength which will lead to dominant results. Couple minor technical issues that are coachable in kickslide and handstrike placement/timing.

5) Adam Trautman (TE) DAYTON 6’ 6” 256#
              - Big, athletic, high football IQ (former QB), small schooler who grew into completely dominating his division. Good route stems from inline, slot, and boundary. Shows excellent hands, body control, concentration through catch window, RAC ability, redzone weapon & 1st down producer. Willing blocker in form, tenacity, strength, and attitude. Level of competition, toughness, grit, and play speed will be things to watch at Senior Bowl week.

6) Josiah Coatney (NT/DT) OLE MISS 6’ 4” 325#
              - stout, agile, big man with some interior rush capabilities who played anywhere from 0-5 tech. Plays with outstanding leverage and possess quality length to disengage and make stops. Non stop motor, relentless, average burst/get-off but can reset LOS with power & leverage, effective stalematting double teams. Can let eyes betray block scheme diagnoses, doesn’t feel screens early, needs to improve working 1/2 man in 1on1s.

7) Joe Reed (WR/RS) UVA 6’ 1” 215#
              - big time speed and acceleration, can eliminate angles, produced huge plays in return game throughout career, improved as a receiver over the last 3 seasons. Shows strong hands, concentration through catch point, elite body control/field vision/acceleration. Provides RAC all day, flexibility in run game, ST big play ability, and vertical threat. Development needing in route tree/stems and timing.

Vision Recap....

ROSTER

QB = ?, Taylor, Stick
              RB = Vaughn, Ekeler, Jackson, Watt
              TE = Henry, Trautman, Culkin, Green (Volert)
              WR = Slayer, MWill, Reed, Scott, Moore, Cantrell (UDFAs)
              IOL = Glasgow, Lamp, Feeney, QBerry, TScott
              OT = Adams, Durant, Pipkins, Tevi *

DE/LEO = Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, Nwosu
              DT/NT = Pierce, Jones, Tillery, Coatney, (Broughton)*
              LB = Simmons, White, Tranquil, Perryman, Egbule, (Dzubner), (UDFAs)*
              CB = Hayward, MDavis, DKing, Gladney, Dennard, (Facyson)*
              DS = James, Jenkins, Adderly, Phillips, (Teamer)

PK= Badgley
              P = Long
              LS - Mazza

* 4th OT should be converted to (OG/OT). Tevi, TScott, or Durant could make quality OGs. Lots of position versatility depth.

COORDINATORS

Offensively = creative, opportunistic, deceptive, COMMITMENT to the running game, multiple screen designs, PA and change of pocket location

Defensively = aggressive, sound fundamentally, multi blitz/coverage concepts, isolate elite pass rushers, produce TURNOVERS and 3rd down STOPS.

** added after original post

2019 Adopt - A - Bolt

KYZIR WHITE

CORTEZ BROUGHTON

Not bad Ninja. Adams is one of those somewhat risky players due to past injury, but potentially high reward. I like that u double up on OT with Durant. If Bolts get both Adams and Durant, they sure would have two of the biggest dudes in the draft...

image.png

image.png

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

what if these were the rounds the said QBs went.... ??

1) Burrows * only round one QB selected ??
                2) Herbert, Fromm * Jake takes a lotta grief, and.... gotta believe he is one of the safest bets out there, despite how apparently unsexy he might be ??
                3) Tua, Eason * like Jacob, albeit dude's just too risky atm ??
                4) Love
                5) Hurts * is this TT's magic moment re: his usual/sometimes round five mojo ??
                6) Jamie Newman, Riley Neal * if we go QB, this last guy is the one I'd bring into camp to compete, and....

personally would stay away from QB 'til 2021.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

and what if the following was how the OTs fell off the board.... ??

1) Andrew Thomas * only OT off the board round one and before we select ??
                  2) Austin Jackson, Wirfs, Jedrick Wills, Leatherwood, Trey Adams, Isaiah Wilson, Lucas Niang, Throckmorton * does the run on OT wait 'til day/round two ??
                  3) Prince Tega Wanogho, Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones, Sam Cosmi, Robert Hunt, Yasir Durant, Alaric Jackson * coupla few temptations here round three, no ??
                  7) Trey Smith * personally, this is where I wait 'n see if my guy lasts this long, as this is where the risk/reward makes (a lotta) sense, no ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Kinlaw is gone by pick 15...let alone the second. By the way...you mention using money saved by not signing Rivers, on a FA OLineman in another post...but no QB in your mocks...you don't really want to go with Taylor, do you? Or do you want the 2 year rebuild plan...target a QB in 2021? Nothin wrong with that, I guess...just curious.
                    Next year is a rebuilding year. Maybe we roll with Tyrod and/or Stick and take a QB in 2021, unless the Bolts like a QB in this year's draft.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

and gonna continue the theme unto wideouts.... ??

1) Jeudy, Cedarian
                      2) Tee, Henry III, Justin Jefferson, Reagor
                      3) Laviska, Tyler Johnson
                      4) DeVonta, Tylan Wallace
                      5) Aaron Fuller, Pittman
                      7) Denzel Mims, Aiyuk, Kalija Lipscomb

all I'm sayin' is.... don't be so keen/quick to spend your draft capital,

ps. there might be others drafted within this bunch, and.... guessin' that they might not pan out.... which is prolly true for @least 50 percent of 'em ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

and RBs.... ??

1) Jonathan Taylor
                        2) Etienne, Swift, JK Dobbins * Dobbins is good, albeit would really like it if Swift pulled a Nasir Adderley to/for us
                        3) Chuba
                        4) Clyde Edwards Helaire
                        5) Eno Benjamin
                        6) Najee, ZackMo
                        7) AJ Dillon, Ke'Shawn Vaughn

again, prolly not necessarily how it falls out, and prolly others drafted, and.... how many of 'em are gonna actually pan out ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

is there a must have in this IOL bunch ??

2) Biadasz, Creed
                          4) Jake Hanson, Cushenberry
                          5) Daryl Williams

and is there a TE among the bunch that's worth more than a day three/round five grade ??

5) Albert Okwuegbunam, Brycen Hopkins, Jared Pinkney * can our FO work their/some magic to get us an additional day three pick.... somehow/some way ?? !!

Comment

Working...
                          X