• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    According to Pro-Football-Reference’s combine results play index, these are the people who have run a sub-4.4 40-yard dash at 6’4-6’5 and between 230-250 lbs:

Calvin Johnson, 2007: 6’5, 239 lbs, 4.35 40-yard dash

Isaiah Simmons, 2020: 6’4, 238 lbs, 4.39 40-yard dash

That’s it.

Imagine passing on someone like Simmons...ugh...

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

He had worse options than Rivers last year. On a college team. Had more Ws. Not sure poor decision making is what’s going on, and if it is we’re living in the definition of a glass house lol.
      This place is funny. Rivers is crucified by a few of you guys for his decision making, yet somehow a guy with MUCH WORSE decision making is going to be an upgrade? LOL.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This place is funny. Rivers is crucified by a few of you guys for his decision making, yet somehow a guy with MUCH WORSE decision making is going to be an upgrade? LOL.
        I know, right? And everyone under the sun(in the media) are pumping this kid, and trotting out the excuse about new coaches and team mates last year...none of them threw into coverage, he made those decisions...all of the sudden, all the pundits are Love apologists...

I don't hate the kid, and maybe he will be successful...but all this hype is comical. He is a project, not worth the #6. Comparisons to Mahomes?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Another thing I can't believe...how he is compared(unfairly, IMO) to Herbert. There should be no comparison...side by side at Senior Bowl week, Senior Bowl, and combine. Herbert was better at everything, including throwing at the combine...and Herbert had a better career playing against superior competition. They shouldn't even be in the same conversation. Herbert is a first rounder, Love is not.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I know, right? And everyone under the sun(in the media) are pumping this kid, and trotting out the excuse about new coaches and team mates last year...none of them threw into coverage, he made those decisions...all of the sudden, all the pundits are Love apologists...

I don't hate the kid, and maybe he will be successful...but all this hype is comical. He is a project, not worth the #6. Comparisons to Mahomes?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Another thing I can't believe...how he is compared(unfairly, IMO) to Herbert. There should be no comparison...side by side at Senior Bowl week, Senior Bowl, and combine. Herbert was better at everything, including throwing at the combine...and Herbert had a better career playing against superior competition. They shouldn't even be in the same conversation. Herbert is a first rounder, Love is not.
          Problem is that he could be gone by detroit or miami. If I'm sold on Herbert I would consider moving up to #3 if he's still on the board.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I told you guys this would happen with Love when most had him in the 4th round range.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Stay pat at 6 or trade down.TT cant afford to give away picks.We need em all.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I told you guys this would happen with Love when most had him in the 4th round range.
                Yes, I also predicted Love might move to the first round, maybe even the top 10, and some people laughed at the notion...well, we shall see...

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love!"

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  Stay pat at 6 or trade down.TT cant afford to give away picks.We need em all.
                  Agree...this is a sucker's draft for throwing away valuable picks to trade up...TT needs to stand pat or trade down, so remember...

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Problem is that he could be gone by detroit or miami. If I'm sold on Herbert I would consider moving up to #3 if he's still on the board.
                    I hope they use that #6 pick on a great OT, not on a QB because history says that every QB is a risk. If Simmons is there take him, if not, trade down or take one of the top OT's. I really doubt five teams will pass on Simmons.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Imagine passing on someone like Simmons...ugh...
                      I love Simmons....and in this draft, he is great for us. He is either gonna make a team in front of us stand pat and take him, instead of trading away their pick for someone to leapfrog us, and steal a QB...hence, better chance for Tua or Herbert to reach us at #6...or he is gonna be one hell of a consolation prize if we do miss out on a QB....hopefully.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I hope they use that #6 pick on a great OT, not on a QB because history says that every QB is a risk. If Simmons is there take him, if not, trade down or take one of the top OT's. I really doubt five teams will pass on Simmons.
                        Every player is a risk, Roo....I like some of these OTs also. But we need a new QB, and we are picking#6...if Herbert or Tua is there, it's the smart play.

I'm convinced this FO doesn't like spending high picks on olineman anyway...and with Rivers gone, I think TT's confidence in our young guys is gonna get put to the test. I'm sure they feel our line will be more successful pass blocking with a more mobile QB, and with a draft loaded with offensive skill players AND us very possibly in the mix for a new QB...wouldn't be shocked to find oline addressed late once again. Maybe....just maybe...they will get the checkbook out and pick up a nice upgrade to at least one position...but I won't hold my breath.

But hey...look at the bright side...I haven't accurately predicted a first round pick for us since LT...except maybe MG, but that was the worst kept secret in that years draft...pretty much everyone knew we were taking him, they just didn't know how soon we would crack and trade up for him, lol...so maybe I am totally off, and we walk out with Bechton or Wirfs...if so, I'll be happy for you...I know you have been stumping for the trenches since God was a pup...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Every player is a risk, Roo....I like some of these OTs also. But we need a new QB, and we are picking#6...if Herbert or Tua is there, it's the smart play.

I'm convinced this FO doesn't like spending high picks on olineman anyway...and with Rivers gone, I think TT's confidence in our young guys is gonna get put to the test. I'm sure they feel our line will be more successful pass blocking with a more mobile QB, and with a draft loaded with offensive skill players AND us very possibly in the mix for a new QB...wouldn't be shocked to find oline addressed late once again. Maybe....just maybe...they will get the checkbook out and pick up a nice upgrade to at least one position...but I won't hold my breath.

But hey...look at the bright side...I haven't accurately predicted a first round pick for us since LT...except maybe MG, but that was the worst kept secret in that years draft...pretty much everyone knew we were taking him, they just didn't know how soon we would crack and trade up for him, lol...so maybe I am totally off, and we walk out with Bechton or Wirfs...if so, I'll be happy for you...I know you have been stumping for the trenches since God was a pup...
                          We have only drafted 6 Olinemen in the first round in Charger history. If I can count, so don’t count on it.

Everyone remembers Jimmy Fitzpatrick from back in 86 the last pick prior to the Fluk.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X