• Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Or.....

They really secretly like Jalen Hurts later.
    This.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Interesting visits....

So I notice some face time with olineman....Thomas, Bechton, Josh Jones....all left tackles...

QB James Morgan? We met with him at the EW Shrine game....and go out of our way to schedule a virtual visit? So...either we are quietly disappointed with 5th round selection Easton Stick...or....we are considering a scenario where we roll with Tyrod this year, don't draft a QB early, and are considering Morgan for QB#3, and to press Stick for QB#2....

Chew on that....:mcnugget:
      Sounds ok to me

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
            my question is level of competition ??

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/cleveland-browns-2020-nfl-draft-scouting-report-ezra-cleveland-ot-boise-state

these guys like your guy.... the #4 guy, and w/no less than 8 of 'em w/round one consideration, and.... 9 & 10 have both seen their name in more than a coupla few first round mocks as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/2020-nfl-draft-prototypical-patriot-offensive-tackles-available

these are his thoughts on the unSimmons ILBs.... (still thinkin' we need a Denzel backup)

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/2020-nfl-draft-prototypical-patriots-fits-linebacker?int
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

my question is level of competition ??

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/cleveland-browns-2020-nfl-draft-scouting-report-ezra-cleveland-ot-boise-state

these guys like your guy.... the #4 guy, and w/no less than 8 of 'em w/round one consideration, and.... 9 & 10 have both seen their name in more than a coupla few first round mocks as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/2020-nfl-draft-prototypical-patriot-offensive-tackles-available

these are his thoughts on the unSimmons ILBs.... (still thinkin' we need a Denzel backup)

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/2020-nfl-draft-prototypical-patriots-fits-linebacker?int
              Why do we care about patsie team fits?
              It does seem their Oline profile and ours seems close.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• swand
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Didn't see this posted already, but may have missed it. Herbert had a pretty interesting interview on the Dan Patrick show the other day. Here's the thing that jumped out to me. When asked about his strengths, Justin listed his preparation first and then his arm strength. I put a lot of value on QBs that love to prepare. So when you get a guy with as big of an arm as him who's( also a pretty good athlete) and then also loves to prepare and breakdown film... I'm sold.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by swand View Post
                  Didn't see this posted already, but may have missed it. Herbert had a pretty interesting interview on the Dan Patrick show the other day. Here's the thing that jumped out to me. When asked about his strengths, Justin listed his preparation first and then his arm strength. I put a lot of value on QBs that love to prepare. So when you get a guy with as big of an arm as him who's( also a pretty good athlete) and then also loves to prepare and breakdown film... I'm sold.
                  I have bought a lot of things at Dollar Tree.......doesn't mean they were worth it or that I should have done it just because they are there......

If Simmons is there at 6 we would be world class fools not to take him. If he's not then who fell? OT, CB, DT, what? I see all of them as better fits than a 1st round QB that has serious question marks.

Just my 2 cents...........

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I have bought a lot of things at Dollar Tree.......doesn't mean they were worth it or that I should have done it just because they are there......

If Simmons is there at 6 we would be world class fools not to take him. If he's not then who fell? OT, CB, DT, what? I see all of them as better fits than a 1st round QB that has serious question marks.

Just my 2 cents...........
                    This is my biggest thing - -I get QBs are overvalued -- and if you hit on a QB - its worth it. But Herbert or Tua cannot be the pick at 6 just to take QB. He has to be the RIGHT QB. As like you said, Simmons, Okudah, probably an OT or two, maybe Brown - might be ranked as better prospects than Herbert.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      Interesting visits....

So I notice some face time with olineman....Thomas, Bechton, Josh Jones....all left tackles...

QB James Morgan? We met with him at the EW Shrine game....and go out of our way to schedule a virtual visit? So...either we are quietly disappointed with 5th round selection Easton Stick...or....we are considering a scenario where we roll with Tyrod this year, don't draft a QB early, and are considering Morgan for QB#3, and to press Stick for QB#2....

Chew on that....:mcnugget:
                      I agree - though I'm not sure who that late in the draft QB will be, I think you have the right idea.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I agree - though I'm not sure who that late in the draft QB will be, I think you have the right idea.
                        I don't want to go too late - 3rd round at worst. Thats kind of why I hope Telesco works the draft a bit. Peter King had a factoid this week- -John Schneider from Seattle has made 26 trades in drafts (I think over four years) - Telesco none. Now that doesn't mean moving up for Burrow - but maybe sliding back in round 1; maybe using Des King for more picks, maybe moving back up into the end of round 1.

In the other thread - I mentioned how Breer notes that Tampa, Denver, Atlanta (picks 14-16) might want to move up. I used the draft point chart and for Tampa to move from 14 to 6 - the Chargers could get 1, 2 and maybe a 4 - so something like 1 and 5 for a 1, 2 and 4. Having 5 picks in rounds 2-4 would be pretty decent way to build up a roster

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

For the Bolts to move back, I’d want next year’s #1 not this year’s #2. And at 16, we could possible get Herbert. He's such a reach at 6.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X