Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Last year's DT class was amazing (which is probably why Brown went back to school). Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence (my favorite), Jefferey Simmons, Jerry Tillery (cough, cough) all went in the 1st round!

In the end, Lawrence (#17), Greg Gaines (4th round), and Simmons (#19) ended up being pff's highest graded rookie DT's from last year's draft.
    Greg Gaines barely played (160ish snaps) so let’s disregard him as a comparable reference.

Jeff Simmons is the best prospect in the last 5 years at DT. Derrick is a better prospect than all others listed. D. Lawerence had a helluva good rook season.
    Last edited by like54ninjas; 04-17-2020, 08:35 AM.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Thanks Fleet...for those of you dumb like me, it's not just QBs...it's a slide show! Look for the little arrow on the right...

Lotta Beef on that list.....all the top tackles. Interesting...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Here is a list of Charger draftees who met with the club in some capacity prior to the draft under Telesco:

Sources: WB - Walter’s football, PB - Powder blue draft forum
        • Unless stated, lists comprises 40 - 50 players
        • List does not include meetings within two weeks of draft (Fluker?)

2019: Adderley, pipkens, stick (WF)

2018: Justin Jones (PB), Ochenna Nwosu? (local visit - not on list)

2017: Mike Williams (incomplete list - NFL.com/rumors)

2016: Bosa, jatavis brown, donavon clark (WF)

2015: Melvin Gordon (incomplete list of 20) (ESPN)

2014: JasonVerret, Jeremiah Attaochu (WF)

2013: Mante Teo (WF)

Here is Walter’s criteria

This is a compilation of draft prospect visits sorted by prospect. The data was acquired via Charlie Campbell (@draftcampbell) and other media sources.

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
        EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
        COM - Combine meeting.
        INT - Interested.
        VINT - Very Interested.
        PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
        LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
        PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
        WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
        STM - Some Type of Meeting.
        VIR - Virtual Meeting.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          Here is a list of Charger draftees who met with the club in some capacity prior to the draft under Telesco:

Sources: WB - Walter’s football, PB - Powder blue draft forum
          • Unless stated, lists comprises 40 - 50 players
          • List does not include meetings within two weeks of draft (Fluker?)

2019: Adderley, pipkens, stick (WF)

2018: Justin Jones (PB), Ochenna Nwosu? (local visit - not on list)

2017: Mike Williams (incomplete list - NFL.com/rumors)

2016: Bosa, jatavis brown, donavon clark (WF)

2015: Melvin Gordon (incomplete list of 20) (ESPN)

2014: JasonVerret, Jeremiah Attaochu (WF)

2013: Mante Teo (WF)

Here is Walter’s criteria

This is a compilation of draft prospect visits sorted by prospect. The data was acquired via Charlie Campbell (@draftcampbell) and other media sources.

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
          EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
          COM - Combine meeting.
          INT - Interested.
          VINT - Very Interested.
          PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
          LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
          PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
          WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
          STM - Some Type of Meeting.
          VIR - Virtual Meeting.
          If that list is accurate, it's no wonder we have been lackluster drafting offensive line....only one on there.
          Notice we didn't meet with Tillery? TT trusts that midwest scout, for better or worse...
          Notice we didn't meet with James? LOL, cuz we never thought we had a chance!! Still makes me smile ear to ear on that steal.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            As far as WR being drafted early. It depends on how the GM and coach evaluates their team.

If they viewed it as, the line block it well enough on pass plays, but the recievers were not separating and getting open at the rate we want them to. And after 1 and 2 on depth chart we have a big drop. And we just didn't have the player that is dynamic as a slot. Then o line doesn't address that issue. If they think its a deep class of WR and can address it later. They won't draft WR early. If they think a player like Jeudy is much better than any later option. Then.....

If Telesco and Lynn view it as the team will be much more likely to move the chains if they have WR like Jeudy on the field. I wouldn't blame them. Everytime I watch Jeudy he is separating and getting open.

like54ninjas after TT picks Jeudy.
            :freakout:
            You value his judgement after he passes on Mahomes and then lets rivers go 2 years later? Mike Williams is good but he's no Ceedee Lamb. Jeudy is a second round receiver and would be fine with him at #37 but not before. Please watch Chris Simms video as it tell it all and agree with him on his first five wr's in this draft.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You value his judgement after he passes on Mahomes and then lets rivers go 2 years later? Mike Williams is good but he's no Ceedee Lamb. Jeudy is a second round receiver and would be fine with him at #37 but not before. Please watch Chris Simms video as it tell it all and agree with him on his first five wr's in this draft.
              Before that draft I was saying it time to draft Rivers successor. I posting the day of the draft TT picked the wrong Clemson player. He should have taken Watson. Mahomes has suprised me. And he is with a QB guru Reid. When Andy traded up for him, I knew it could be good for him.

Not sure why in a QB driven league that the Spanos did not jump at the chance to bring in Reid when he was available.

Jeudy looks like he gets open easily to me. You have him 2nd rd?. Consensus everywhere else has him a top 15 pick.

I'll go check out Simms.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Before that draft I was saying it time to draft Rivers successor. I posting the day of the draft TT picked the wrong Clemson player. He should have taken Watson. Mahomes has suprised me. And he is with a QB guru Reid. When Andy traded up for him, I knew it could be good for him.

Not sure why in a QB driven league that the Spanos did not jump at the chance to bring in Reid when he was available.

Jeudy looks like he gets open easily to me. You have him 2nd rd?. Consensus everywhere else has him a top 15 pick.

I'll go check out Simms.
                Too bad we can't go back to the charger board as on draft day thread I was totally all over mahomes like a cheerleader at prom and was completely shocked when we took Williams. Just shocked!

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

I'll go check out Simms.
                  Simms has him as #6 in the draft and that would put him in the second round. Mr. Telesco needs to watch the simms video.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

I'll go check out Simms.
                    Fat Andy wants too much control of a teams operations. That flies in the face of the business management model that the Spanos operate under.

If your head coach is effectively the GM, how is he going to simultaneously sit in Spanos's booth and explain things to him during a game?

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I'll go check out Simms.
                      speaking as a guy who wasn't part of the campaigns for the either of Patrick nor Deshaun.... could it be a repeat this draft, @least from my perspective ??

who's to say that Love and/or Hurts aren't the real deal ?? Fromm, Eason ??

Trubisky went in front of those guys.... does Herbert have some Trubisky to his future in the NFL.... Mitch still has his believers/supporters, no ??

and not sure what it is 'bout Jeudy, and.... just uneasy w/him, and.... really good w/CeeDee, and JJ looks pretty tough/tight as well.

Hamler is another guy that just don't think we're in position to draft.... we have to make safer picks than that, and despite his sky high upside.... there is risk there, and there will be darn fine Oline available there, and prolly an RB or coupla few, and without as much of the perceived risk.

if the avg is that a GM hits on half his picks, and.... (well after the rah rah/great job on this forum has subsided), then you've got two choices:

you can be deluded that you can outdraft your fellow GMs season in and season out (far cry from team TommyJohn to date), or you can accumulate more draft picks than your fellow GMs, which if I'm not mistaken does increase your odds, and has played out as said teams usually/generally having the better draft, and as that 50 percent hit/miss rate usually holds true, albeit again some still go higher than that....

something has to give/change.... linemen first, stay clear of injury concerns, and no trade ups (rather make trades to stockpile picks in preparation for the draft)
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

speaking as a guy who wasn't part of the campaigns for the either of Patrick nor Deshaun.... could it be a repeat this draft, @least from my perspective ??

who's to say that Love and/or Hurts aren't the real deal ?? Fromm, Eason ??

Trubisky went in front of those guys.... does Herbert have some Trubisky to his future in the NFL.... Mitch still has his believers/supporters, no ??

and not sure what it is 'bout Jeudy, and.... just uneasy w/him, and.... really good w/CeeDee, and JJ looks pretty tough/tight as well.

Hamler is another guy that just don't think we're in position to draft.... we have to make safer picks than that, and despite his sky high upside.... there is risk there, and there will be darn fine Oline available there, and prolly an RB or coupla few, and without as much of the perceived risk.

if the avg is that a GM hits on half his picks, and.... (well after the rah rah/great job on this forum has subsided), then you've got two choices:

you can be deluded that you can outdraft your fellow GMs season in and season out (far cry from team TommyJohn to date), or you can accumulate more draft picks than your fellow GMs, which if I'm not mistaken does increase your odds, and has played out as said teams usually/generally having the better draft, and as that 50 percent hit/miss rate usually holds true, albeit again some still go higher than that....

something has to give/change.... linemen first, stay clear of injury concerns, and no trade ups (rather make trades to stockpile picks in preparation for the draft)
                        I agree with a strategy of getting more picks.
                        Hard to get extra 1st or 2nd.
                        6th & 7th meh. Almost the same as udfa.
                        The 3rd 4th & 5th. Yes sir If you can find ways to do that....like trade back a few picks for next year's pick. Trade back from 37 to 40something.
                        Pick up next years 3rd. Trade back 5 or 10 spots from 71 to pick up next years 4th.
                        If you do that as a drafting style, you can always have extra 3rds, 4ths and 5ths. Then like you said odds of hitting should increase.

As far as the QBs. It could end up that Love & Hurts are very successful pro QBs. And teams that passed on them will regret it like Brees, Wilson and Jackson. Always a reason to downgrade QBs....but these players were stars in college. Put up big numbers in big conferences. But didn't have prototype builds. Is it about winning or cookie cutter prospects??? If the player produced big time and wins games why does it matter If the QB is a Flutie build?

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

One thing to note on the grading of DT, PFF has never released how they do it, so it is worth noting that Tillery might have the lowest grade, but he had almost the same sacks as Dexter Lawrence and half as many tackles (about) in half as many plays.

Tillery had 2 sacks and 17 tackles in 354 snaps
                          Lawrence had 2.5 sack and 38 tackles in 701 snaps

Given his lack of speed and quickness, while Lawrence is an outstanding run defender, it is unlikely that a he will ever be a very productive pass rusher. By comparison, Tillery may not be that great, but he is already somewhat more efficient in that area.

Comment

Working...
                          X