• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

CHI stupidly chose trubislky(shocking everyone watching the draft) even though trubisky was never great or special in college...... Burrow and Tua clearly;y were elite and special and against by far the best defenses in college football......

Just because a bad organization drafts a QB even high does not mean they are great players or that it was a good decision.....

Just look at how many horrible QB decisions teams like CIN, CLEV, DET and others have made over the years...... and those were obvious bad decisions before they made them.......

Guys like carson palmer, alkali smith, Joey harrington, mariota(who was better then Hebert), couch, manzel, klingler, ware, shuler,..... (and list goes on and on and on.....)..... all were ne ver great to begin with..... many racked up empty exaggerated stats against bad competition because of systems that generate a ton of RAC....... but they never had to make clutch plays against great defenses...... so they never were great..... I would not have drafted any of them......
    Guys like Goff with the rams plays well when his team is running for 150 and he has all day to throw but give him any pressure and require him to make a play and he folds like a card house..... same with most of the QB's in college and pros......

That is why it is so important to grab an elite QB the extremely rare times when one or 2 are actually available........ Teams can draft OL, DL or any other position anytime, but elite QB's, liker Burrow and
    Tua are EXTRENELY RARE!!!!......

Passing on them would be a huge blunder that would set our team back 5-10 or more years....... what is the amount of time between Fouts and Rivers?????....who wants to wait that many years again?????? ....sadly, some of us will not live that long........ elite QB's are worth multiple drafts worth of picks....... having an OL is worthless unless you have a great QB to protect..... because of the current offensive oriented rules there will never again be a defense like the steel curtain, 85 bears, or the ravens team that won without a QB........

if we try our best to trade up to get one of the 2 elite QB's, Burrow or Tua and fail, so be it........, but TT has to try the best he can and he knows it...... .. then we have to draft BPA which would likely be Okudah, Simmons, brown, or the best OT......... but please Chargers do not do what the media wants and reach for Hebert (who will never be anything in NFL, like all the extremely over rated QB's from that gimmick oregon stat machine system)... or any of the other not great QB's in this draft who will never be anything.......
    I don’t think Mariota has anything close to the skill set that Herbert has, personally. I never liked Mariota and found all of the Trade PR for Mariota chatter to be bizarre. (I don’t mean personally, I mean as an LAC player target. I’m sure he’s a lovely person otherwise).
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t think Mariota has anything close to the skill set that Herbert has, personally. I never liked Mariota and found all of the Trade PR for Mariota chatter to be bizarre. (I don’t mean personally, I mean as an LAC player target. I’m sure he’s a lovely person otherwise).
      In the McGinn piece that has question marks about Tua -- one scout said of Herbert - if he had played with the talent around him that Burrows and Tua did - he would have put up numbers like they did.

QB is a tricky one - as talent around you - does help.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In the McGinn piece that has question marks about Tua -- one scout said of Herbert - if he had played with the talent around him that Burrows and Tua did - he would have put up numbers like they did.

QB is a tricky one - as talent around you - does help.
        What talent has Taylor had around him? If Hurts had Burrow’s OL, who wins that game? Put Rivers in NE for his career, does he have any rings?

Fun game.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

What talent has Taylor had around him? If Hurts had Burrow’s OL, who wins that game? Put Rivers in NE for his career, does he have any rings?

Fun game.
          very true -- so some of those articles with scouts takes - have to take with a grain

my number 1 player is still Simmons. I just think if added to this defense - it goes up so much especially when you have already added Linval Joseph

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Only player I want more at 6 is Young, but that ain’t happening lol.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Who do you think is in regards to?

"He's a great college player but, wow, he is fragile," an AFC personnel evaluator told McGinn. "He's a super kid and I don't wish ill will, but there's three, four, or five red flags staring us all in the face saying, 'You know what? This guy's not going to be all that he's cracked up to be."
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                Who do you think is in regards to?
                This is from a team trying to diminish Tua's value in the hope he will fall to them.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I thought the trade talk of Rivers and us drafting Mariota was funny. Probably started by TopCat since i mostly seen it at CMB :chuckle:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

TT PRE-DRAFT PRESSER

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This is from a team trying to diminish Tua's value in the hope he will fall to them.
                      Sounds more like objective factual observation.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Sounds more like objective factual observation.
                        At 39:10 of that video w/ TT, they talk about a players injury history and how they look at it. TT did still draft Verrett though it was earlier in his GM tenure. But dont sound good for Tua but .....again, we'll see. Dont sound like Cam is in the works or even in the conversation either.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Interesting take aways...

Mentioned Tevi and his great feet before Pipkens at LT...it would have been more convincing to have led with Pipkins...LT seems awful likely to me, and early... He also talked about incredible depth of talent in this draft, and depth in the first round....trade back, anyone?

Also...he likes Desmond King anywhere in that secondary...including both Safety spots. When I had him on my board back in that draft, it was to play FS, and when we drafted him, I had thought that was the plan...be interesting if we start using him there...and if Adderley ever comes along, you still have great depth, and movable pieces...interesting. One could see Adderley on the outside, even.

I wouldn't say that we are not going QB in the first...but I sure get the feeling there are plenty of contingencies in place if we were, and our plans fell through...of course, that is as it should be.

He doesn't give away much, but I sure didn't get a QB or bust vibe off the guy...but then...if I really got anything solid out of this, he wouldn't be a very good GM.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X