Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Going with Taylor/Stick at QB? Gutsy.
    Maybe they view 2021 as the target. Telesco was Giddy over the Stick pick. Cant figure out whats on their mind. I mean Telesco doesnt usually do what we expect. QB and OT in round 1 is obvious to most. But a skill guy outside of QB may be something he thinks about. If Simmons was a 2 down back i dont even think twice. He may be Derwin of LBs. They have lined him up at Safety and in the slot. lol. He is a twitchy sideline to sideline guy. Great in coverage. He can play many spots on a D like ours. I think White was kind of pegged to be that guy. Not sure if they are sticking with the plan on him or not. Simmons is a plug and play 900 snap guy who never comes off the field.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Chuba is a strong back.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Maybe they view 2021 as the target. Telesco was Giddy over the Stick pick. Cant figure out whats on their mind. I mean Telesco doesnt usually do what we expect. QB and OT in round 1 is obvious to most. But a skill guy outside of QB may be something he thinks about. If Simmons was a 2 down back i dont even think twice. He may be Derwin of LBs. They have lined him up at Safety and in the slot. lol. He is a twitchy sideline to sideline guy. Great in coverage. He can play many spots on a D like ours. I think White was kind of pegged to be that guy. Not sure if they are sticking with the plan on him or not. Simmons is a plug and play 900 snap guy who never comes off the field.
        Yea...he is gonna be a hard one to pass on. No OT, no QB, no Derrick Brown....Simmons will be a nice consolation prize.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

If Isaiah or Derrick are available when we pick they both are impact game changing defensive talents. MUST picks if either are there. OT talent is much deeper.
          Simmons can play all snaps and 7 defensive positions.
          Brown is a devastating wrecking machine that affects all aspects of the game.
          QB can wait till 2021.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2019
            • Send PM

My mock draft:

Rd 1 - Offensive Line
            Rd 1 - Trade 2021 1st & 2nd to move up and take the biggest NT available
            Rd 2 - Offensive line
            Rd 3 - Offensive line
            Rd 4 - Offensive line
            Rd 5 - Offensive line
            Rd 6 - Offensive line
            Rd 7 - Offensive line

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              Yea....so I'm gonna go ahead and take Newman off my watch list. Highlight videos looked good at times, but he really isn't a natural passer, after watching him play today. The only place I see this kid in the pros is as a late round/UDFA pick up for a true RPO team...his athleticism and raw arm are desireable...but the kid has no accuracy, and sometimes the ball didn't even look right coming out of his hand. Pass. Lewerke was more impressive.
              Newman reminded me a bit of a young Cardale Jones.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post
                My mock draft:

Rd 1 - Offensive Line
                Rd 2 - Offensive line
                Rd 3 - Offensive line
                Rd 4 - Offensive line
                Rd 5 - Offensive line
                Rd 6 - Offensive line
                Rd 7 - Offensive line
                Good to know you will not be in charge of football operations or anything to do with the draft.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Fleet, I'd be okay with taking Simmons in round 1 as long as the Bolts at LEAST draft the top O-lineman in round 2, preferably, then double dip somewhere in the mid rounds with another O-lineman. Hopefully, they get a T and a G. Then, by not re-signing Rivers, they have the $$$ to go after one of the top OT FA's...even though O-line is a big PON, our DT and LB's are also weak areas...by getting a sure-tackling monster LB, this helps a whole lot...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post
                    My mock draft:

Rd 1 - Offensive Line
                    Rd 2 - Offensive line
                    Rd 3 - Offensive line
                    Rd 4 - Offensive line
                    Rd 5 - Offensive line
                    Rd 6 - Offensive line
                    Rd 7 - Offensive line
                    With all those O-linemen, you'll have to cut a few of them, along with possibly guys like Lamp and Pip....

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fleet, I'd be okay with taking Simmons in round 1 as long as the Bolts at LEAST draft the top O-lineman in round 2, preferably, then double dip somewhere in the mid rounds with another O-lineman. Hopefully, they get a T and a G. Then, by not re-signing Rivers, they have the $$$ to go after one of the top OT FA's...even though O-line is a big PON, our DT and LB's are also weak areas...by getting a sure-tackling monster LB, this helps a whole lot...
                      i'd prefer a big NT.

The LB could be HoF worthy but he aint gonna make many tackles when he has to constantly fight off the OG before getting to the ball carrier.

PLUS- how many sacks would Bosa get if he wasnt double teamed every play?

My wish list:

OT
                      NT
                      OG
                      WR (speed 4.3 or faster)
                      BPA
                      BPA
                      BPA

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

i'd prefer a big NT.

The LB could be HoF worthy but he aint gonna make many tackles when he has to constantly fight off the OG before getting to the ball carrier.

PLUS- how many sacks would Bosa get if he wasnt double teamed every play?

My wish list:

OT
                        NT
                        OG
                        WR (speed 4.3 or faster)
                        BPA
                        BPA
                        BPA
                        Chili, what do you think of these three IDL for your round 2 mock:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Chili, what do you think of these three IDL for your round 2 mock:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Kinlaw is gone by pick 15...let alone the second. By the way...you mention using money saved by not signing Rivers, on a FA OLineman in another post...but no QB in your mocks...you don't really want to go with Taylor, do you? Or do you want the 2 year rebuild plan...target a QB in 2021? Nothin wrong with that, I guess...just curious.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X