• Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

and how 'bout our/the IDL.... ??

1) D. Brown, Kinlaw, Raekwon
    3) Marvin Wilson, Rashard Lawrence, Neville Gallimore * are these guys worth more/better than Brandon when he came out, and in the case of Oklahoma, haven't most of their IDL been overrated/drafted when they came out ??
    5) Madubuike, Leki Fotu, Benito, Tedarrell

and will reiterate again, and despite that the some of you might not like it, and.... this would be a darn fine place to double dip, as hoping for Derrick B. round one, and can't imagine that a day three Leki Fotu pick wouldn't pay dividends down the road, and.... as an understudy/successor to our/a FA signing of Danny She!ton.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

and @DE/dge…. ??

1) Young, Epenesa
      2) YGM, Curtis Weaver, Terrell Lewis * this is Pittsburgh Steeler territory, if not Ravens country as well ?? personally think the Chargers need to assert themselves @DT in this draft, as Derrick Brown can play the three tech next to Shelton, and w/Leki Fotu the eventual heir apparent to Shelton, and as.... again as some might not like to hear.... as both Tillery and Jones are prolly mere journeymen talents @the 3T ??
      3) K'Lavon Chaisson, Marlon Davidson * couple solids here, albeit still not without risk
      4) Okwara * if we were able to secure some additional draft capital via trade, this guy might be a worthy target ??
      5) Kenny Willekes
      6) Alton Robinson

personally not looking to add anyone here unless we were able to come by additional picks some way/how, and/or we did something novel/intrepid.... like moving Melvin in the middle to MLB/MIKE
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

@LB ??

1) Simmons
        2) Kenneth Murray * 3-4 ILB type
        3) Troy Dye * ditto for Dye (see Murray aforementioned)
        5) Evan Weaver, Paddy Fisher * think good organizations find a way to accumulate extra draft capital, and of which if so, these guys would prolly warrant draft capital well spent ??

and how 'bout a surprise pick @safety ??

2) Delpit, Xavier McKinney * Grant has to be off the Charger Die Hards' board in that he has some whiffy McWhiff to his game.... (darn good w/passes defensed tho)
        3) Hamsah Nasirildeen, Brandon Jones * for myself, Hamsah is the Keenan Allen value play of the draft, and.... gotta believe we could use some reinforcements after the suspected defections/expected attrition in our back seven ??
        4) Alohi Gillman, JR Reed, Jordan Fuller * team Tommy John Golden Domer/draft day kryptonite alert....

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

and gotta believe we're gonna go CB @some point come draft day (three me can only hope)

1) Okudah, Fulton, Diggs
          2) Shaun Wade, Gladney, Jaylon Johnson
          3) CJ Henderson, Lamar Jackson
          4) Darnay Holmes, AJ Green
          5) Eric Stokes * personally would hold off 'til here to go CB, as think we're alright for now, and as would (much) prefer to beef up the IDL first and foremost
          7) Nevelle Clark * would love to have multiple round seven selections to work/play with

so, so far have got 14 first rounders, and given that close to a dozen of 'em either disappoint, bust or get overdrafted, prolly left maybe a half dozen (or so) unaccounted for, so.... pls fill in the blanks as you'd like, and.... think you get the gist of things, in terms of there are only 32 slots in the first round, and pls take into account that not (nearly) all of 'em pan out when all is said and done.... (just keepin' it real

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

All three of these should be available in round 2 when we draft, if we take Wirfs in round 1, according to the Draft Network draft machine:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine
            Kinlaw is a top 15 talent. He will be DT1 on several teams boards as a 3tech.
            Gallimore could go anywhere from 25ish on.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

1) IDL Derrick Brown
              2) RB D'Andre Swift
              3) SS Hamsah Nasirildeen
              4) SR Aaron Fuller
              5) CB Eric Stokes
              6) QB Riley Neal
              7) OG Trey Smith

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Not bad Ninja. Adams is one of those somewhat risky players due to past injury, but potentially high reward. I like that u double up on OT with Durant. If Bolts get both Adams and Durant, they sure would have two of the biggest dudes in the draft...

image.png

image.png
                https://walterfootball.com/draft2020OT.php
                Trey’s only real draft variable is his medical evals. If clean with no future expectation of issues he could very well still go round 1.
                Trautman’s Senior Bowl will be his variable. If he excells, he will go day 2.
                Yasir is a highly underrated prospect. His game tape execution, competition level, and statistics are all at or near the top.

Thoughts on FA acquisition targets?

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  what if these were the rounds the said QBs went.... ??

1) Burrows * only round one QB selected ??
                  2) Herbert, Fromm * Jake takes a lotta grief, and.... gotta believe he is one of the safest bets out there, despite how apparently unsexy he might be ??
                  3) Tua, Eason * like Jacob, albeit dude's just too risky atm ??
                  4) Love
                  5) Hurts * is this TT's magic moment re: his usual/sometimes round five mojo ??
                  6) Jamie Newman, Riley Neal * if we go QB, this last guy is the one I'd bring into camp to compete, and....

personally would stay away from QB 'til 2021.
                  I’m with ya QB2021.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Ninja, I have Simmons in my cluster but am not sold, tell me if you see any of this...

So far, he looks like he’s more “athlete than baller” at this point in his development.
                    I need to see more than 2 games but he looks soft and lost sometimes.
                    bad pursuit angles and generally raw technique
                    my guess is the different things he’s asked to do has likely delayed his development
                    not comparable to James as an overall player outside of athletically and versatility
                    Speaking of which, I’m skeptical that he’ll be able to thrive in as many roles in the pros.

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Beef him up!

But, yeah, unless we have a whole coaches change on D, not we’d get the value.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Ninja, I have Simmons in my cluster but am not sold, tell me if you see any of this...

So far, he looks like he’s more “athlete than baller” at this point in his development.
                        I need to see more than 2 games but he looks soft and lost sometimes.
                        bad pursuit angles and generally raw technique
                        my guess is the different things he’s asked to do has likely delayed his development
                        not comparable to James as an overall player outside of athletically and versatility
                        Speaking of which, I’m skeptical that he’ll be able to thrive in as many roles in the pros.
                        If there's any doubt on Simmons, go with Wirfs...

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

If there's any doubt on Simmons, go with Wirfs...
                          There is no doubts on Simmons.
                          There is nitpicking where he can improve his game. He has room to improve technique. And like most, it will happen from more playing time and experience on the field. He would be the most talented linebacker on the roster. His versatility is a huge bonus. He should play WLB in base and money LB in subpackages.

Simmons is both PON & BPA at #7.

The team needs star playmaker at every level of defense.
                          They have Bosa at D-line.
                          They have Derwin at Secondary.
                          But at linebacker no star player. Simmons gives them that star player.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X