• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Really like what I have seen so far in Wirfs...an athletic mountain. Fluker comparisons are not fair...Wirfs is more athletic, easily. So far, Jackson doesn't look bad either...very nimble, though he makes errant moves...I don't see us picking him where we are at...but if he accidentally fell, he would be a steal in the second for us.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Do we use a high 7 on a guy that most likely comes in and stays at RT? Thomas may be the only true elite LT prospect. Can Wills make the move to LT after playing RT to protect Tua's blindside? If we are using a 7 on a stud RT i wont bitch. But it feels similar to the Fluker thing. Id rather trade back a little and target an OL if its not Thomas. I mean we are sitting at 7 now. That is really high. OL is imperative but pick 7 for a guy who doesn't even protect your QBs blindside may seem like a reach. I want a LT at 7. I think RT is an easier acquisition.

So if the idea is to draft the RT of the future at 7 and then let Okung walk after next year....are we not then looking for a LT in the draft next year? Id rather move back for a guy like Austin Jackson and then start him out at RT. But drafting RTs who will stay at RT in the pros feels like a huge price with the 7 pick.

If i have an opportunity to add a special full time player at other positions i have to consider it. Again come back in the 2nd and look at RT. Not impossible with that 2nd pick inside the top 40. There are really good OT prospects in this draft that should still be there that would make great RTs.

I really think 7 should be BPA. And if its CB/DT or LB im not sad. But OL needs to be priority number 1. Im just saying that cat can be skinned in other ways that dont require using the 7th overall on a RT.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

For all his athleticism, Andrew Thomas is a little more unrefined than people realize.

Gotta say it again...marque player early.

I have Ceedee Lamb and D'Andre Swift penciled in.

Derrick Brown and Dedrick Wills are awfully tempting.

But the right weapon will make our offense sing...gotta score.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Me thinks Leatherwood will be there for our second round.
          looks like a starting LOT to me.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• JupiterBolt
            ~ Charger Fan ~
            • Sep 2018
            • Jupiter, FL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Kinlaw is gone by pick 15...let alone the second. By the way...you mention using money saved by not signing Rivers, on a FA OLineman in another post...but no QB in your mocks...you don't really want to go with Taylor, do you? Or do you want the 2 year rebuild plan...target a QB in 2021? Nothin wrong with that, I guess...just curious.
            Where do you think Benito Jones will be drafted?

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Do we use a high 7 on a guy that most likely comes in and stays at RT? Thomas may be the only true elite LT prospect. Can Wills make the move to LT after playing RT to protect Tua's blindside? If we are using a 7 on a stud RT i wont bitch. But it feels similar to the Fluker thing. Id rather trade back a little and target an OL if its not Thomas. I mean we are sitting at 7 now. That is really high. OL is imperative but pick 7 for a guy who doesn't even protect your QBs blindside may seem like a reach. I want a LT at 7. I think RT is an easier acquisition.

So if the idea is to draft the RT of the future at 7 and then let Okung walk after next year....are we not then looking for a LT in the draft next year? Id rather move back for a guy like Austin Jackson and then start him out at RT. But drafting RTs who will stay at RT in the pros feels like a huge price with the 7 pick.

If i have an opportunity to add a special full time player at other positions i have to consider it. Again come back in the 2nd and look at RT. Not impossible with that 2nd pick inside the top 40. There are really good OT prospects in this draft that should still be there that would make great RTs.

I really think 7 should be BPA. And if its CB/DT or LB im not sad. But OL needs to be priority number 1. Im just saying that cat can be skinned in other ways that dont require using the 7th overall on a RT.
              Thats Easy.

If looking to build OL grab the best OL available regardless of who is on your roster. That is Thomas.

Okung is constantly hurt and is at the end of his career. He can be cut. He is out again with a groin injury again this week and can no longer be relied on. He will never make it through an entire season ever again.

OR

Grab Tua. So at 7 your choice becomes Thomas or Tua.

A good tough decision to have !

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Thats Easy.

If looking to build OL grab the best OL available regardless of who is on your roster. That is Thomas.

Okung is constantly hurt and is at the end of his career. He can be cut. He is out again with a groin injury again this week and can no longer be relied on. He will never make it through an entire season ever again.

OR

Grab Tua. So at 7 your choice becomes Thomas or Tua.

A good tough decision to have !
                An ORT would be protecting TUA's blind side. :coffee:

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

You think the Spaznos would roll the dice with Tua?Honestly I just dont see em havin the balls to do it.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

An ORT would be protecting TUA's blind side. :coffee:
                    What I am trying to say is you can only have one, Tua or Thomas at 7.

If you draft Tua, you will have to fix the RT situation later in the draft or FA. Thomas will be long gone.

If you draft Thomas and cut Okung, then Tua is out of the picture (will go to another team) and will be long gone

The next Charger qb will be the beneficiary of Thomas, most likely a righty.

Chargers should not be the Portland TrailBlazers and pass on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie.

Take the BPA (OL) no matter who is on the roster.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

What I am trying to say is you can only have one, Tua or Thomas at 7.

If you draft Tua, you will have to fix the RT situation later in the draft or FA. Thomas will be long gone.

If you draft Thomas and cut Okung, then Tua is out of the picture (will go to another team) and will be long gone

The next Charger qb will be the beneficiary of Thomas, most likely a righty.

Chargers should not be the Portland TrailBlazers and pass on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie.

Take the BPA (OL) no matter who is on the roster.
                      What I am reminding you and Fleet of,
                      is the relatively recent adage that ORT's are valued as much as "Blind Side" protectors.

Since I am projecting Okung to be back,
                      and Pipkins to be in development behind him, a well rounded ORT such as Jedrick Wills might be a solid pick. Tevi kicks inside. Upgrade for sure.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Don't worry, fellas...Thomas will be gone. Moot point.

Got no problems spending a 7 on a stud RT like Wirfs...RT has been a weakness on and off for years...be nice to nail it down...and Wirfs is no Fluker. However...some pretty good defenders there...

Can't convince myself about Tua...been back and forth on him, but there are just too many cons. He is short, not very athletic actually...and made of glass. I would pass.

If Rivers goes, but Lynn stays, and cleans house on the holdovers? I'm gonna be watching Jalen Hurts tommorrow afternoon....real close...you know Lynn wants to run RPO.

If Rivers stays...the irony is, even though the obvious issue with Rivers at QB is he needs a solid oline(now more than ever)we will probably be taking a defender. Brown, Simmons, Okuda...

Finally, whether Rivers stays or goes, there is the classic manuever. The pick everyone(pundits/media) is gonna think/predict/expect....Herbert. If so, hope we do a ton of homework, work him out, interview...and honestly...? Should probably keep Rivers too...All QBs should be given a year to transition to the pros...some may not need it, some may not get it...but all would benefit from it. And whatever some on here think...Rivers would be a great influence IMO...professionalism, preparation, film room...lead and teach by example.
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Really like what I have seen so far in Wirfs...an athletic mountain. Fluker comparisons are not fair...Wirfs is more athletic, easily. So far, Jackson doesn't look bad either...very nimble, though he makes errant moves...I don't see us picking him where we are at...but if he accidentally fell, he would be a steal in the second for us.
                          I'm not comparing Wirfs with the Alabama Fluker in pass protection; i'm comparing how they would block down on the defensive tackles and uproot them.

Comment

Working...
                          X