• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
    Same reason we extended the contracts of Donald Butler and Corey Liuget.
    Not really. Those guys arent inactive every week.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Not really. Those guys arent inactive every week.
      They aren't?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today
        That was a Wimpy reply.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          That was a Wimpy reply.
          Just don't call him Brutus when he's Bluto.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
            Just don't call him Brutus when he's Bluto.
            SDfan is more of a Pappy Poopdeck.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 1m1 minute ago

Chargers CB Chris Davis been on injured reserve all season with concussion. Was released today.
              There's the scapegoat.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 25 seconds ago

Chargers agreed to terms with ILB Joe Mays, source says. Denzel Perryman (biceps strain), Te'o (ankle) injured. @caplannfl first reported.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

He was last with the Jets, who cut him earlier this season.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Joe Mays made some big hits when he was in Denver but he sucked. He'll fit right in with our defense.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Denzel jinx gets Dzubnar on field
                      Mugshot of Tom Krasovic
                      By Tom Krasovic | 4 p.m. Oct. 26, 2015
                      Green Bay Packers' James Starks (44) goes in for a five-yard touchdown reception as he is tackled by San Diego Chargers' Denzel Perryman during the first half of an NFL football game Sunday, Oct. 18, 2015, in Green Bay, Wis. (AP Photo/Jeffrey Phelps)
                      Green Bay Packers' James Starks (44) goes in for a five-yard touchdown reception as he is tackled by San Diego Chargers' Denzel Perryman during the first half of an NFL football game Sunday, Oct. 18, 2015, in Green Bay, Wis. (AP Photo/Jeffrey Phelps) The Associated Press

��

Denzel Perryman wanted good things to happen for Nick Dzubnar.

Perryman had made his way into the Chargers' defensive lineup in recent games and, in chatting last week with his fellow rookie linebacker, told Dzubnar he wanted the same for him.

"Nick," said Perryman in so many words, "I hope you get in there against the Raiders."

Nick told Denzel he appreciated the sentiment.

But, he added quickly, that may not be desirable because it would take Denzel getting hurt for Dzubnar to appear at linebacker.

So, what happened on Sunday?

Yep -- Perryman went down with injury. And, yes, Dzubnar replaced him.

Monday, the two rookies shook their heads at the weird sequence.

"Crazy," said Perryman, one of his arms in a sling. "I thought about it, today. I was like, 'Darn, now I'm down and Nick's up.' "

Dzubnar said it stunk that Perryman got hurt.

"He should have knocked on wood after we had that conversation," he said.

He was joking, probably. Truth is, football players get hurt. And Chargers inside linebackers have taken numerous injuries in recent years, regardless of what conversations they had or didn't have, or the wood they touched or didn't touch.

Manti Te'o, to name one. In all three seasons, he's gone down in with injury. And do not, under any circumstnace, tell Te'o it's due to bad luck.

Three games ago, Te'o sustained an ankle injury.

So, Perryman started for Te'o against the Packers and the Raiders.

And Dzubnar, who had appeared in five games on special teams, replaced Perryman against the Raiders.

For Dzubnar, it was another step in his journey from college free agent out of Cal Poly San Luis Obispo to winning a 53-man roster to debuting on special teams in Week 2 to tackling a Raiders running back after reading the toss play and shooting the gap.

"It was nice to get in there, get your feet wet a little -- get used to it," Dzubnar said. "It was nice. Get some nerves out."

He played 14 snaps and then went over the film Monday with coaches. He had last played linebacker in the fourth exhibition, against 49ers backups. The Raiders have one of the AFC's best offensive lines, and their skill players are swift.

"These guys are bigger, they're faster," Dzubnar said. "You've got to adjust to certain thing -- leverage, pad levels. But that stuff just comes with experience."

All five inside linebackers on the roster have worked with the defense this year. The leader in snaps is Donald Butler with 333. Te'o has 296 snaps, Perryman 65 and Kavell Conner 59.

Dzubnar's snap total could rise this Sunday in Baltimore against the Ravens, though the Chargers signed veteran Joe Mays onto their 53-man roster Monday.
                      Dzubnar has that knack for tackling. And it's almost certainly based on hard work and film study. I love the guy and hope he starts this week. Oh, and I think he had 5 tackles in the Duhs game, one off the team lead.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTK View Post
                        Joe Mays made some big hits when he was in Denver but he sucked. He'll fit right in with our defense.
                        Would rather have Willie Mays.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

I'd even take the Omar Epps version of Willie Mays Hayes at this point.

Comment

Working...
                          X