• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Still need to cut someone to get him onto the 53 man squad. The exemption only allows him to practice with the team.
    Well i vote Donald Brown but expect one of the TEs to get cut.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Well i vote Donald Brown but expect one of the TEs to get cut.
      I believe it will be Adrian Phillips. If Adai is truly healthy, he is expendable. He is a marginal player. He is a little bit dinged up, I believe. And no one else wants him, so they can cut him and always bring him back if necessary.

I think John Phillips sticks because Green has been hurt quite a bit already. And Donald Brown is here to stay, I am afraid.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        I believe it will be Adrian Phillips. If Adai is truly healthy, he is expendable. He is a marginal player. He is a little bit dinged up, I believe. And no one else wants him, so they can cut him and always bring him back if necessary.

I think John Phillips sticks because Green has been hurt quite a bit already. And Donald Brown is here to stay, I am afraid.

TG
        YEAH BUT WHY?

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
          I was thinking of David Johnson, not Phillips.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Adrian Phillips waived to bring Gates to the 53. Phillips will probably be back on the PS when he clears waivers.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
              YEAH BUT WHY?
              Because the coaches are smarter than YOU! :duh:
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                Because the coaches are smarter than YOU! :duh:
                Dam the Donald Brown Fan Club of 1 (SDFan) lives.

If the coaches are so smart why are they 2-3 and losing to a back up QB!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ola waived again.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Chargers add safety, lose a guard
                    By Tom Krasovic | 3:15 p.m. Oct. 20, 2015

Chargers Darrell Stuckey and Adrian Phillips (31) work out during practice. — K.C. Alfred
                    ��
                    ✉⎙
                    The Chargers put safety Adrian Phillips on their 53-man roster Tuesday, less than 48 hours after two starters at safety, Eric Weddle and Jahleel Addae, went down with injury.

Phillips is expected to play on Sunday against the Raiders.

He has played 47 defensive snaps with San Diego this season and made four tackles, including one for a loss.

Weddle left the fourth quarter of Sunday's 27-20 loss to the Packers with a groin injury. He did not return and said Monday he was barely able to walk after the game.

It appears that Weddle, a first-team All-Pro last year at free safety, could miss his first game since sitting out the 2009 finale because the Chargers had locked up a playoff bye.

Addae finished Sunday's game on the bench with a back injury. He was the starter in Week 1 after edging Jimmy Wilson out for the job this summer. An ankle injury sustained in the season opener Sept. 13 sidelined Addae for three games. With Wilson getting most of the work at strong safety, Addae worked 21 snaps in his first game back, against the Steelers on Oct. 25, and 28 snaps at Green Bay.

Wilson is third on the defense in both snaps (299) and tackles (26).

Special teams captain Darrell Stuckey has played safety in every game this year, except for the Week 2 loss at Cincinnati. He has 30 snaps.

Lineman added, lost

The Chargers signed a former Denver Broncos defensive lineman, Chuka Ndulue, onto their practice squad.

Denver released Ndulue, an undrafted rookie, from its practice squad Sept. 22. Ndulue, 6-foot-1 3/4 and 282 pounds, played end and tackle in college for Oklahoma. In recent weeks, the Chargers have lost two backup ends: Mitch Unrein, claimed by the Chicago Bears; and rookie Darius Philon, who will be inactive for a few more games because of a hip injury.

The Chargers lost guard Michael Ola to the Detroit Lions, who claimed him.

Air Reich?

Through six games the Chargers lead the NFL in yards on offense (2,598) in their second season under coordinator Frank Reich, a former NFL quarterback.

Not only does Philip Rivers lead the league in passing yards (2,079), pass attempts (253) and completions (183), he is on pace to set NFL season records in those categories.

Third-year receiver Keenan Allen is the NFL leader in catches with 53. He's on pace for a 140-catch season that would break LaDainian Tomlinson's club record of 100 catches set in 2003.

However, the Chargers are just 15th in points scored per game (22.7). They are tied for 26th in yards per rush (3.6) and 18th in red zone touchdown percentage (54.5 percent).

San Diego's defense is 26th in points allowed (26.8) and 31st in yards per play (6.35).
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Ola waived again.
                      Not a wise move, with the health or lack off, or inability to stay healthy on the O-line we will probably need him. Can someone other than SDFan tell me why Donald Brown is on the roster?

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Not a wise move, with the health or lack off, or inability to stay healthy on the O-line we will probably need him. Can someone other than SDFan tell me why Donald Brown is on the roster?
                        I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Same reason we extended the contracts of Donald Butler and Corey Liuget.

Comment

Working...
                          X