• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post

Still one of my most disappointed seasons. Rivers played out of his mind good with no Vincent Jackson. MVP caliber. And yet we didn’t even make the playoffs following a year where we were 13-3. And it was solely due to special teams.
    Rivers, from 2008 to 2014 (skipping 2012), was as good as Brady/Brees/Manning

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

True leader!
      he is not o and x coach, do not have balls to fire underperforming staff, he is not coaching up players, his scouting is questionable at best, forcing his way by blaming others and forcing them out of town (KW, PR).

Critty because you are the only one who can answer this question so please, what good is Lynn giving to Chargers atm?
      Well how do the below comments feel to you.

Mystery HC 1
      I thought we were past the type of performance we saw out there today,” said Mystery HC 1 “But obviously we’re not. We spent a lot of time this week talking about what it takes to play on the road, maturing as a team, and the things you have to do to win. It really didn’t get through to them.”
      Linebacker X said of the HCs tirade, “The coach is . . . sick and tired of what’s going on. That’s what he reiterated in his postgame comments to us. He doesn’t know what to do. He’s not happy.
      “We don’t have a sense of urgency. We don’t know how to respond to adversity. I don’t know why. That’s been our Achilles’ heel. I didn’t expect this. Even though we have enough character, we keep making the same mistakes.”

Mystery HC 2
      “We realized that our margin for error was minimal. We left some red zone possessions out there offensively, we threw an interception when we were down there, we missed a field goal … you can’t do that against good people,” said Mystery HC 2
      ​​​​in his postgame press conference. “On the other side, we didn’t come off blocks or make enough tackles in the run game.”
      None of that is necessarily wrong, but at no point did Mystery HC 2 say anything resembling, “I’ve got to coach better.” That’s all he would have needed to say not to come off like he passed the buck to his players.

As far as what Lynn is giving.

I think the o-line and Herbert have performed beyond expectations. I think the players are grown men capable of handling criticism from coaches. And I think Lynn still has their buy in. And that is what matters. I expect them to play very well vs Buffalo and have a very good chance to win that game. I see that as a sign they are still fully invested in the coaches game plans and trying to win each and every game and keep improving. Im not concerned with how Lynn phrases what he says or if fans are unhappy with his choice of words. I like that Lynn is salty. So I'm good.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He was indirectly doing so. He complemented the Jets defensive line for being tops in effort and energy. He said the Oline got pushed around and perhaps they should have run more on the edges.

Blocking schemes were not placed in question....it was not the 74 Steelers they were playing.
        Yes perhaps they should have run more on the perimeter. That is known as an in game adjustment.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Mystery HC 1
          I thought we were past the type of performance we saw out there today,” said Mystery HC 1 “But obviously we’re not. We spent a lot of time this week talking about what it takes to play on the road, maturing as a team, and the things you have to do to win. It really didn’t get through to them.”
          Linebacker X said of the HCs tirade, “The coach is . . . sick and tired of what’s going on. That’s what he reiterated in his postgame comments to us. He doesn’t know what to do. He’s not happy.
          “We don’t have a sense of urgency. We don’t know how to respond to adversity. I don’t know why. That’s been our Achilles’ heel. I didn’t expect this. Even though we have enough character, we keep making the same mistakes.”

Mystery HC 2
          “We realized that our margin for error was minimal. We left some red zone possessions out there offensively, we threw an interception when we were down there, we missed a field goal … you can’t do that against good people,” said Mystery HC 2
          ​​​​in his postgame press conference. “On the other side, we didn’t come off blocks or make enough tackles in the run game.”
          None of that is necessarily wrong, but at no point did Mystery HC 2 say anything resembling, “I’ve got to coach better.” That’s all he would have needed to say not to come off like he passed the buck to his players.

I think the o-line and Herbert have performed beyond expectations. I think the players are grown men capable of handling criticism from coaches. And I think Lynn still has their buy in. And that is what matters. I expect them to play very well vs Buffalo and have a very good chance to win that game. I see that as a sign they are still fully invested in the coaches game plans and trying to win each and every game and keep improving. Im not concerned with how Lynn phrases what he says or if fans are unhappy with his choice of words. I like that Lynn is salty. So I'm good.
          I quickly dismissed Lynn as being mystery coach 2 because the coach used the pronoun 'we' in describing a collective failure. He needs to go to the Anthony Lynn handbook and liberally apply the pronoun 'they'.

The rest just sounds like typical coach/player talk after losses.

However, i did like the puzzle format of this post. Anyone guess the teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Mystery HC 1

Mystery HC 2

Herbert has performed beyond expectations because he is awesome. Lynn's coaching has held Herbert back at every turn and that is what matters. Lynn is the bozo that failed to start Herbert in week 1 and that would not have started him at all this season but for Taylor's punctured lung. We are talking about a player whose ability is so great that he is on pace to break multiple rookie records even though he can only play a maximum of 15 games.

While Bosa and Allen might have something to say about it, you could easily argue that Herbert is the best player on our team right now and let me say this again, Lynn was not even going to play Herbert at all this season--arguably the team's best player. That kind of incompetence alone justifies the firing of Lynn.

Lynn's running game emphasis has repeatedly resulted in too many early down running plays and has repeatedly left Herbert in known passing situations, making Herbert's job as difficult as it can be and Herbert has been great even with that kind of lame coaching. Herbert has played well in spite of Lynn's coaching, not because of it.

Lynn is simply the worng head coach for this team, which has the talent to have double digit second half leads against multiple top 5 teams (KC, NO), but sits with a record of 3-7, demonstrating that Lynn is getting nowhere near the best results out of the talent with which he has had to work. He cannot be fired soon enough.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Herbert has performed beyond expectations because he is awesome. Lynn's coaching has held Herbert back at every turn and that is what matters. Lynn is the bozo that failed to start Herbert in week 1 and that would not have started him at all this season but for Taylor's punctured lung. We are talking about a player whose ability is so great that he is on pace to break multiple rookie records even though he can only play a maximum of 15 games.

While Bosa and Allen might have something to say about it, you could easily argue that Herbert is the best player on our team right now and let me say this again, Lynn was not even going to play Herbert at all this season--arguably the team's best player. That kind of incompetence alone justifies the firing of Lynn.

Lynn's running game emphasis has repeatedly resulted in too many early down running plays and has repeatedly left Herbert in known passing situations, making Herbert's job as difficult as it can be and Herbert has been great even with that kind of lame coaching. Herbert has played well in spite of Lynn's coaching, not because of it.

Lynn is simply the worng head coach for this team, which has the talent to have double digit second half leads against multiple top 5 teams (KC, NO), but sits with a record of 3-7, demonstrating that Lynn is getting nowhere near the best results out of the talent with which he has had to work. He cannot be fired soon enough.
              Bottom line - -Lynn and this coaching staff are allowing leads to turn into losses. Even against the Jags and Jets - come on man!! There needs to be a change. As like you said, if they can have leads against KC, NO, Tampa, Denver - they need to finish these damn games off.

I wanted Mike McCoy to succeed
              I wanted Anthony Lynn to succeed
              I liked two years ago winning games and playing in two playoff games - thats what its all about

So time to find a Bobby Ross or Marty Schottenheimer..... hell if its Harbaugh and he revs this sucker up like he did the Niners and he flames out - well that should be a fun 3-4 years. (I don't want Harbaugh).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I dont think id call him the best player. He has a different skill set and is good at his skillset.
                He cant catch like Keenan for example and cant tackle like Perryman or cover like Derwin.

Its a team game and it takes good coaching and good players to make it all work. Critty is right, we need good players BUT we also need good coaching to put those players in the best possition to win.

So we need upgrades at some possitions but i DO think if we had better coaches our record if different. Maybe not 9-0 as you think but a better WINNING record.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher
                  Lynn's coaching has held Herbert back at every turn and that is what matters. Lynn is the bozo ............... Herbert is the best player on our team right now...
                  :wtf2:

Damn do you contradict yourself.

Lynn is holding back the rookie at every turn, a rookie who is lighting up the league and who you are calling the teams best player right now.
                  good grief, imagine if he did not hold him back, this kid would not only be the best player on team but actually could be the real God of Thunder.

you also claim this team is so much more talented than opponent and should be undefeated
                  but typically if a rookie is any teams best player, then they are not very talented overall.
                  a rookie could have the most potential and highest upside because of how talented they are
                  but if they are your best player, that probably wont win you many games that seasons.

so there you have it, your own contradiction means Lynn has turned this rookie QB into teams best player of a not so talented team.

Bravo!

:toyou:
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Mystery HC 1

Mystery HC 2

Must be Belichick and Flores or whomever people are mentioning as the hot coaches

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

:wtf2:

Damn do you contradict yourself.

Lynn is holding back the rookie at every turn, a rookie who is lighting up the league and who you are calling the teams best player right now.
                      good grief, imagine if he did not hold him back, this kid would not only be the best player on team but actually could be the real God of Thunder.

you also claim this team is so much more talented than opponent and should be undefeated
                      but typically if a rookie is any teams best player, then they are not very talented overall.
                      a rookie could have the most potential and highest upside because of how talented they are
                      but if they are your best player, that probably wont win you many games that seasons.

so there you have it, your own contradiction means Lynn has turned this rookie QB into teams best player of a not so talented team.

Bravo!

:toyou:
                      Only you, who cannot find any coaching issues on the part of Anthony Lynn, could conclude that it is not possible for a player that is arguably the team's best player to be held back by the team's head coach. From the standpoint of logic, of course, there is nothing inconsistent about that possibility at all.

For years after the fact, there was a running joke that North Carolina head coach Dean Smith was the best defense ever against Michael Jordan.

In this case, there are some very specifc ways in which Lynn has held Herbert back.

First, Lynn held Herbert back by not playing him.

Second, Lynn's run heavy approach and desire has often taken away from Herbert's passing opportunities, preventing Herbert from being even better.

Third, Lynn's run heavy emphasis has put Herbert into way too many known passing situations, which is the worst possible situation for the passing game to find itself because the defense can defend more against the pass. This approach killed the team's momentum against TB, NO, DEN, and NYJ (late drive killing run-run series), and prevented there from ever really being any offensive momentum against MIA. His strategy was responsible or Herbert's worst game as an NFL player, and per Herbert, it was Lynn's (idiotic) strategy going into the game to go run heavy.

Herbert has been lights out despite these failings by Lynn, but he would have done so much better if Lynn had not held him back.

Further, there is absolutely nothing inconsistent about a rookie being arguably the team's best player even on a very talented team. Herbert is one of the best players in the entire league right now and his stats, which are top 8 right now at QB, would be even better if Lynn's coaching decisions and approaches had been better.

From a pure talent standpoint, Herbert is in the discussion as the most talented QB in the league, which is why your repeated references to Lynn being saddled with a rookie QB are completely asinine. It is like complaining on behalf of Andy Reid that in 2018 he was stuck with a first year starter at QB.

Herbert has succeeded because of his talent and in spite of Anthony Lynn's lame coaching.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Quotes taken out of context of the team, the relationship of the coach with the team and a million other relevant factors are useless
                        The intent is to show evidence for a bias against Lynn but actually shows nothing
                        you absolutely use different standards for coaches with very little proven and much to be questioned
                        Belicheat can absolutely say things that Lynn cannot
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think id call him the best player. He has a different skill set and is good at his skillset.
                          He cant catch like Keenan for example and cant tackle like Perryman or cover like Derwin.

Its a team game and it takes good coaching and good players to make it all work. Critty is right, we need good players BUT we also need good coaching to put those players in the best possition to win.

So we need upgrades at some possitions but i DO think if we had better coaches our record if different. Maybe not 9-0 as you think but a better WINNING record.

In my defense, I did say Herbert was "arguably" the team's best player. I do not think there is an obvious best player on the team, but I think we can all agree that the candidates are James, Bosa, Allen and Herbert and only those guys, as they are head and shoulders above the next highest tier of players.

As for our games, I think with better coaching, we very likely would have beaten TB, NO, DEN and OAK and we probably would have beaten CAR, KC and MIA. If someone wants to quibble and say that maybe one or two of those more likely than not wins could have gone the other way, I would not have a huge gripe about someone taking that position.

When a head coach has lost us more wins in a season than the total number of wins that we have with his poor game plans and terrible in game tactical decisions, I think it is obvious that we need to move on to another head coach whether the number of games lost by the head coach was really 4, 5, 6 or 7 games (the latter of which you correctly note as being what I believe, and which would make us 10-0).

Comment

Working...
                          X