Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

BB only played Brady after Bledsoe injury... Critty got a point
    You’re not comparing Tyrod to Bledsoe, i hope. Bledsoe was a first rounder starting top QB in the league before injury and Tyrod is ... well ...

On the other side, Brady was a 6th rd flier who surprised everyone, Herbert was a top 5 first round expected to be the next franchise QB. Not a solid comparison imo. Ymmv
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You’re not comparing Tyrod to Bledsoe, i hope. Bledsoe was a first rounder starting top QB in the league before injury and Tyrod is ... well ...

On the other side, Brady was a 6th rd flier who surprised everyone, Herbert was a top 5 first round expected to be the next franchise QB. Not a solid comparison imo. Ymmv
      But if your a good HC like Belicheat, why did it take an injury to play the better player regardless of rd drafted.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Disco Volante
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If lynn had been coaching new england no one would know who tom brady is.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Can we clone Ekeler. Is that allowed.
          Have a RB group filled with players like him.
          Special teams filled with players like him.
          Slot WRs players like him.
          ​​​​​​The young man is special. Not because of talent which he has plenty of it. But because of his work and effort and desire and attitude. Earning everything. Nothing Given. One of my all time favorite Chargers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
            :LOL: LOL. The Bullshit-o-meter is through the roof. Nicely Done Chain.

Gilmore was defensive player of the year last year.

Patriots returned 3 of the top 10 DBs last year. And added Veteran D.McCourty to the group.

1. Stephon Gilmore, New England Patriots
            Not satisfied with becoming the best man coverage cornerback in the NFL in 2019, Gilmore was also one of the best slot defenders, and just as adept when the Patriots switched to zone schemes. Quarterbacks targeted him 97 times last season, and he gave up just 48 catches for one touchdown and six interceptions. Allowing a catch rate under 50 percent as a primary island cornerback in man coverage is not something you see more than a few times in a decade.

4. J.C. Jackson, New England Patriots
            Jackson had a lot of help around him in the NFL’s best secondary last season, but his numbers — and great tape — transcend his surroundings to a degree. Last season, no cornerback with at least 50 percent of his team’s defensive snaps allowed a lower opponent passer rating than Jackson’s 35.9, and he allowed just 31 catches on 65 targets for 328 yards, one touchdown, and five interceptions.

9. Jason McCourty, New England Patriots
            No surprise to see three Patriots in the best cornerbacks list after the Pats put up a historically great secondary. McCourty alternated between outside cornerback and the slot in 2019, allowing 28 catches on 49 targets for just 260 yards, no TDs, one interception and an opponent passer rating of 63.3 — the lowest of his career.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-def...-back-rankings
            Critty, I have to admit that I cannot believe that you just cited a preseason article as proof of how the Patriots' players have played this season.

Those players were ranked based upon what New England's defense did in 2019, not 2020.

In 2019, New England allowed a 56.5% completion percentage against it, ranking 1st in the NFL. New England allowed 6.0 YPA against, good for 2nd in the NFL. They allowed a 62.8 QB rating, good for 1st in the NFL by over 14 rating points over the #2 ranked team.

In 2020, in completion percentage allowed, the Patriots dropped from 1st to 29th at 69.0%.

In 2020, in yards per pass allowed, the Patriots dropped from 2nd to 32nd at 8.3 YPA allowed.

In 2020, in opposing QB rating allowed, the Patriots went from 1st by almost 15 rating points to 20th overall, dropping from 62.8 to 95.2, more than 32 QB rating points worse in 2020 than in 2019.

The PFF stats that I have cited for New England's secondary are based upon their 2020 performance, not what happened in 2019.

Further, it is illogical that the individual players would all have played great this season, but the pass defense would somehow still be ranked at the bottom of the league in multiple statistical categories.

The reality is that none of the DBs have played up to their level from 2019. They are not a "very very good" secondary at this point. That is what the defensive stats and individual PFF grades all indicate.

Your narrative of the Patriots' secondary being "very very good" in 2020 is pure BS.
            Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
              Pass more you say. Yes we know.
              I want the team to stay balanced. And stay committed to complimentary football. It best for Herbert short term and long term. I truly believe it's a big part of the reason he is having success statistically.
              Patience young grasshoppers. The arrow is pointing up.
              Getting the QB into known passing situations is one of the goals of every defense. Your approach would just give that them.

It would be different if we could run the ball like the Ravens and did not have a great passer and great receivers, but since none of that is the case, we need to pass the ball more.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Okay.

But Priority 1 is talent. Top 5 Lockdown cover CB is needed. Pass Rusher capable of getting double digit sacks opposite Bosa is needed. That is the level defensive talent that will help win AFC West and consistetly be able to beat Mahomes and
                Tyreek.

Raiders and Broncos WRs are talented group as well.
                Do you like the personnel matchups we have right now vs them?
                ​​​​
                Priority 2 is finding the HC.....unless he is here already.
                :hello:
                you're funny dude.... you've spent all your FA monies and draft capital and you're still out shopping.... now you need a top 5 CB and a top shelf LEO to go on top of your top shelf DE, and....

why stop there.... what about a better IDL, IOL, OTs, or.... we can just get a new coaching staff.... it will make a diff.

(look what James Campen has done, and.... prolly w/some help from JH)
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

you're funny dude.... you've spent all your FA monies and draft capital and you're still out shopping.... now you need a top 5 CB and a top shelf LEO to go on top of your top shelf DE, and....

why stop there.... what about a better IDL, IOL, OTs, or.... we can just get a new coaching staff.... it will make a diff.

(look what James Campen has done, and.... prolly w/some help from JH)
                  Kevin Colbert of Steelers somehow has Eight players that are 1st rd pick talent on his defense acquired through, draft, trade and free agency.

Colbert has one losing season in 20 years as GM.
                  7 years with Cowher and 13 with Tomlin.
                  Superbowl win with each HC.

I am absolutely certain Lynn would win a Superbowl if Colbert was his GM. Cowher and Tomlin are not known as Xs and Os guys or great with timeouts. They are known as leaders.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

[QUOTE=Critty;n1143635]
                    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I did once. I'm still washing the bullshit out of my eyes.
                    Your premises were contradicted by your conclusions.
                    Simple as that.
                    And you still never answered the question.
                    So saying my head is in the sand, when you have a deflected response with flawed logic. Is just more bullshit.

​​​​Answer the question. I will ask again.
                    Explain BB needing a FG at buzzer to beat the Jets?

​​​​​​if you can't or won't answer. Then just keep it moving.
                    I don't want another bullshit sandwich.

Here you go Einstein: i copied and pasted the part that your poop covered eyes couldn't discern.

1. In division games are typically closely fought affairs, despite the difference in records.
                    2. Jets traveled to the west coast to play the Chargers; they stayed at home to play New England

I might ask you what was my premise and conclusion; but your volume of non sequiturs or just flat out evasion
                    would shoot through the roof & finally drive everyone away, as if a neutron bomb had just gone off. The moderators
                    would have to cordon off this thread

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Kevin Colbert of Steelers somehow has Eight players that are 1st rd pick talent on his defense acquired through, draft, trade and free agency.

I am absolutely certain Lynn would win a Superbowl if Colbert was his GM. Cowher and Tomlin are not known as Xs and Os guys or great with timeouts. They are known as leaders.
                      I cannot disagree. The Steelers and Pitts have a much different culture. They have rabid diehard fans and they win through sheer toughness. Yes Lynn would do well in that environment BUT Tomlin has a bit better situational awareness than Lynn.

The Chargers...IMHO for the Chargers to go all the way our identify is a high flying electric offense mixed with larger than life defensive players. Ironically our best chance was with Martyball and Merrimen.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Lynn isn’t known as a leader.

if the chargers hadn’t hired him he wouldn’t even be known

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=powderblueboy;n1143952]

Here you go Einstein: i copied and pasted the part that your poop covered eyes couldn't discern.

1. In division games are typically closely fought affairs, despite the difference in records.
                          2. Jets traveled to the west coast to play the Chargers; they stayed at home to play New England

I might ask you what was my premise and conclusion; but your volume of non sequiturs or just flat out evasion
                          would shoot through the roof & finally drive everyone away, as if a neutron bomb had just gone off. The moderators
                          would have to cordon off this thread
                          A bit dramatic there. LOL.
                          :freakout:

You know darn well you claimed one game should not be measured. Then as part of your argument, you listed a single Cassell game as some sort of proof of something. Or listed 3 games out of 4 seasons worth of games. That is exactly where your premise and conclusion failed. Which is why I said good job on your bullshit sandwich. Simple as that.

I get your other point. About division rival.

BTW I didn't think a thing of Patriots winning at buzzer vs Jets. It is the NFL any given sunday is right. You are right about that. Its only when you claim Lynn barely beating Jets was proof of him being awful. So BB barely beat them too.

You could have also had the opinion that Patriots are not very good this year without Brady. Every game is a fight for them. That would have worked as an answer.
                          ​​​​ ​​​​​​​But are you really going to make the travel excuse. Are we going excuse the Chargers traveling to Miami or Buffalo or anywhere else?

If you have an issue with this thread or my posts.
                          You have options. Use them.
                          A. Stay away from the thread
                          ​​​​​​​Or B. Put me on your ignore list.

:beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X