• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Take coaches out of equation first.
    Compare 2006 roster, 2009 roster to Riley Roster. To the current roster.
    Compare the AFC West winner each year roster vs Chargers roster.
    Then if I say Chargers roster was clearly better and healthier and they still were failing. Then I blame the coach.

Right now.
    Chargers overall roster is not as good as Cheifs or Raiders.
    Let's fix that first because changing coaches doesn't fix that.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Gotta be honest Im all for movin on from Lynn but it would be alot easier dealing with A.L. bein given one more season if TT and Bradley are replaced.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Take coaches out of equation first.
        Compare 2006 roster, 2009 roster to Riley Roster. To the current roster.
        Compare the AFC West winner each year roster vs Chargers roster.
        Then if I say Chargers roster was clearly better and healthier and they still were failing. Then I blame the coach.

Right now.
        Chargers overall roster is not as good as Cheifs or Raiders.
        Let's fix that first because changing coaches doesn't fix that.
        Can do both at the same time! Win win

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Can do both at the same time! Win win
          Okay.

But Priority 1 is talent. Top 5 Lockdown cover CB is needed. Pass Rusher capable of getting double digit sacks opposite Bosa is needed. That is the level defensive talent that will help win AFC West and consistetly be able to beat Mahomes and
          Tyreek.

Raiders and Broncos WRs are talented group as well.
          Do you like the personnel matchups we have right now vs them?
          ​​​​
          Priority 2 is finding the HC.....unless he is here already.
          :hello:

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

1997 Gilbride
            1998 Gilbride Jones
            1999 Riley

Belichick was available to hire during that time. And he had experience as a HC with Browns.
            Every single one of you would have said no he sucks.
            But now you all say he is the best.

​​​Prisoners of the moment. Small picture thinkers.

Lynn is a very good HC. Period.
            Hmm, good point and why I'd like to hire a HC on their second go round from the list I posted. BB second go round produced 6 rings.
            Let Lynns second go round be elsewhere. Maybe he will get a good owner.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm, good point and why I'd like to hire a HC on their second go round from the list I posted. BB second go round produced 6 rings.
              Let Lynns second go round be elsewhere. Maybe he will get a good owner.
              So who is you guy?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

So who is you guy?
                I dont really have "a guy". I have guys i wouldnt mind before the inexperienced guys that Popper thinks we should have and some here like.

This post is from the other day, ill just copy it here, and as stated, i left out one.

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...41#post1142541

I made a list earlier when asked. You have seen it.....or maybe not.
                It had Brian Shottenheimer on it, Jason Garrett, McDaniels, Raheem Morris,... Trying to remember who else lol. I winged it. i know im missing at least one i had before.
                Think I'll add Dabo Swinney to it though but he seems like a college type of guy who likes to teach those types.

B. Shott is one with no HC experience but his experience elsewhere and for who for 21 years plus his old man makes me add him to to the list.

Think I'd go Raheem first and try and pry him from Atlanta before they decide to keep him. He has them Playing well and it's sorta his second go round as a HC though he is a interm HC right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Two pass attempts seperate Burrow and Herbert from having the same as Herbert has now played the same number of games.
                  As a team, we have 434 pass attempts, they have 444.
                  PASS happy?
                  We have run 70 more rushing attempts because as you said, Lynn insists on it.
                  We have just run more offensive plays than them as we ha e scored more points.

I don't agree Burrow has been just a guy. He has had a successful rookie season imo while having a worse OL.
                  Herbert has throw two more INTs while also having 9 more TDs.
                  Herbert has been very good, but that don't mean Burrow hasn't been good.
                  Of course I am discussing throwing more as a percentage of play calls. We all understand that Herbert has been better than Burrow and has kept his offense on the field for more total plays than Burrow did. Cincinnati is 4th in the NFL in percentage of passing plays. We are 20th. We have 10 fewer passing attempts on 60 more total plays based upon what you have said.

You keep suggesting that Burrow's line is worse. I do not believe the OLs are significantly different to be worth mentioning. I do know that Burrow was sacked more because he is less mobile and had a bad habit of holding on to the ball too long earlier in the season. But to his credit, Burrow made an adjustment after the Baltimore game.

Burrow has been just a guy. He may get better in upcoming seasons, but he is currently ranked 24th in passer rating and 26th in YPA. There is no way around that. That is just a guy territory and that is after his head coach put him position to succeed by featuring the passing attack. I agree that he did a good job of protecting the ball in terms of not throwing INTs, but he did a terrible job of producing passing TDs. Currently, Burrow still stands 6th in attempts, but is only 21st in TD passes.

BTW, Herbert has 10 more TDs than Burrow on two less passes thrown and that is with Anthony Lynn's drive killing early down run heavy approach interfering with Herbert's ability to get passing TDs.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Gotta be honest Im all for movin on from Lynn but it would be alot easier dealing with A.L. bein given one more season if TT and Bradley are replaced.
                    Good luck attracting a quality GM when you have an anchor like Anthony Lynn around the neck of the team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Of course I am discussing throwing more as a percentage of play calls. We all understand that Herbert has been better than Burrow and has kept his offense on the field for more total plays than Burrow did. Cincinnati is 4th in the NFL in percentage of passing plays. We are 20th. We have 10 fewer passing attempts on 60 more total plays based upon what you have said.

You keep suggesting that Burrow's line is worse. I do not believe the OLs are significantly different to be worth mentioning. I do know that Burrow was sacked more because he is less mobile and had a bad habit of holding on to the ball too long earlier in the season. But to his credit, Burrow made an adjustment after the Baltimore game.

Burrow has been just a guy. He may get better in upcoming seasons, but he is currently ranked 24th in passer rating and 26th in YPA. There is no way around that. That is just a guy territory and that is after his head coach put him position to succeed by featuring the passing attack. I agree that he did a good job of protecting the ball in terms of not throwing INTs, but he did a terrible job of producing passing TDs. Currently, Burrow still stands 6th in attempts, but is only 21st in TD passes.

BTW, Herbert has 10 more TDs than Burrow on two less passes thrown and that is with Anthony Lynn's drive killing early down run heavy approach interfering with Herbert's ability to get passing TDs.
                      I think you are probably ALONE in thinking Burrow is just a guy but whatever. Just your opinion.
                      The Bengals OL is terrible. If we had their OL you would be having a fit that we werent doing Herbert justice lol. Burrow has some pretty good WRs in Boyd, rookie Tee Higgons with an aging AJ Green whose production has been way down even when not injured,... but he has NO Keenan Allen there and no HH type TE and has thrown 2 less INTs.

Its whatever.....both guys will be top QBs in this league after a few years. It is a shame that Burrow ended up in Cincinnati.

Its also going to be a shame that Trevor Lawrence ends up with the Jets. His only comfort may be that they will, ....well,... should fire Gase after the season.....but their owner ship is shit as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Explain Belicheat needing a FG at the buzzer to beat the same Jets team.
                        The Patriots have very little talent and their QB has struggled mightily this season--4 TDs versus 9 INTs. Based on their talent and quality of performance at he QB position, they should struggle against all other teams.

The Chargers are vastly more talented team than the Patriots. It is not close. The odds should be at least a two score line in our favor, but everyone knows that Belichick is great and Lynn sucks, so the odds are virtually even.

We need to get on the gas with our passing attack and put pressure on Newton to keep up by throwing the ball. Our QB versus theirs is the single biggest advantage we have. If we stress that mismatch, that will maximize our chances of winning.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post

Good luck attracting a quality GM when you have an anchor like Anthony Lynn around the neck of the team.
                          Good point.Im back to clearing the whole staff out and start fresh!

Comment

Working...
                          X