Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The irony of that game was Tomlinson was killing it and all Marty had to do in the second half was play "Marty Ball" and he wins it going away.

The best chance he ever had to win a playoff game and SB by just playing "Marty Ball" and he could not do it. Sad.
    Absolutely
    I was so certain we would win
    I felt weird, like I stole something

the mccree happened and I felt like I got caught stealing something
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Sure, Rich.
      He wasn’t fired right after the season, he was fired more than a month later. Perhaps this will refresh your memory:

Sources close to Marty Schottenheimer and the San Diego Chargers said the coach was fired by the team Monday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He wasn’t fired right after the season, he was fired more than a month later. Perhaps this will refresh your memory:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2763552
        Now explain why that was the last game he ever coached, Rich. I'm waiting and this explanation better be good.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I know I won't let my ego get in the way when I have a coach coming off a 14-2 season. I know I would part ways with players when their value is high. So I'd have shipped Rivers a while ago. And not just wait for a comp pick. So.....you know..... Its all about winning I could care less if the front office is best of friends. I could care less if my players get into heaven. I'm trying to win a championship.

P.S. since Chargers franchise has never won a superbowl. I feel like I'm playing with house money. If my moves don't results in a championship then what is the difference. The owners moves haven't won the trophy either.
          so have read it twice now, and.... don't see any instance of you putting your money where your mouth is ??

am eye missing something ??
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The irony of that game was Tomlinson was killing it and all Marty had to do in the second half was play "Marty Ball" and he wins it going away.

The best chance he ever had to win a playoff game and SB by just playing "Marty Ball" and he could not do it. Sad.
            Tomlinson and Turner were averaging like 5 plus yards per carry. I mean, two runs were a first down. Yet, he played into the hands of the Pats defense by passing as they could not, would not, to this day, have stopped the run.

Don't get me wrong about Marty - my appreciation for him grows each year. God bless his soul and family with Dementia. But if the chargers could hire another "Marty type: - playoff record be damned, I would be all for him. He was just a good solid NFL professional head ball coach. Stick that play sheet in your pants, barely wear a headset - but know what the hell is going on with the game as the Head Damn Coach and when you play the Raiders on MNF in Rivers first start and its 27 zip - you get caught on camera saying (paraphrasing) "no MFIng way the Damn Raiders are scoring thsi game!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
              :LOL:

K.Allen is laughing you. K.Allen told us all point blank. Those type of errors are 100% on players. Hayward also said same thing recently. Why because it's a team game. And they win and lose together. Coaches coach and players play. And playmakers make big time plays. We need our playmakers healthy and we need more playmakers. This team is talented but as Allen said they are injured so it goes hand in hand.
              Im taking Allen at his word. And throwing your opinion in the garbage.
              I am pretty sure that Allen does not know me, so I seriously doubt that he is laughing at me or laughing much at all at the 2-7 record that Anthonly Lynn has produced for the team following the 5-11 record he produced last year.

You can bury your head in the sand all you want, but intelligent followers of the team can easily see how a run heavy game plan (Miami) does not maximize the talent of the team on offense. The truth is that Lynn does not have a clue about how to best use his most explosive offensive player and he demonstrates that week after week. Think about how Andy Reid adjusted his offense to maximize the strengths of Mahomes, Hill, et al. in 2018. Lynn is the polar opposite of that. He has screwed up his handling of Herbert at every turn from day 1. As Herbert is the future of the team and Lynn has proven beyond all doubt that he does not maximize Herbert's vast abilities, that alone should get Lynn his walking papers.

You do not play ground and pound, three yards and a cloud of dust in the year 2020 when your QB is Justin Herbert. You do not run the ball on virtually every first down. Those concepts are the height of idiocy. The offense should be an aggressive passing attack. The missiles should be flying. The superior passing game can then be used to set up the less effective running game, not vice versa. We do not need to run 10 bad running plays so we can do one play action pass. That approach is mentally deficient. We can do just enough runs to keep the defense honest and make them honor the play fake, but no more, and with no down consistency so defenses do not know what is coming.

But there is so much more. Lynn has proven that he cannot develop succcessful game plans with his current team. Lynn has proven all over the place that he is a terrible in game tactician in many ways--poor timeout use strategies, poor game clock management, poor decisions regarding run/pass play distribution in key game situations, poor coaching of players regarding time management issues (how to let a play clock run down when trying to run time off of the clock, when to speed up), and poor halftime adjustments. Lynn has proven to be totally inept in one score games, now at 3-16 since the beginning of last year.

Players for all teams make some plays and do not quite succeed on others. If that were all there were to the analysis, then no coach would be fired ever. But coaches are fired all the time. And that is so because intelligent people recognize when a coach is not putting his team in the best position to win. Anthony Lynn comes nowhere close to putting his team in the best position to win. Week after week, he takes games that should be wins by more than one score and turns them into narrow losses because the above average talent of the team cannot overcome league worst level head coaching.

Lynn must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Under Telesco. Chargers have lost 48 one score games.
                26 before Lynn was even here. So......you know this is nothing new under Telesco. And a big reason is special teams. They are super important in helping win the close games. Chargers were not good at special teams prior to Lynn. So this problem of close losses and special team issues has been happening for a while. As K.Allen put it......for 8 years. Which make me lean strongly away from blaming coaches and instead think it is a roster build problem from the front office.

Your lack of understanding of what has transpired is approaching legendary status.

Both McCoy and Lynn were/have been bad head coaches. Did you object when McCoy was fired? I am guessing that you did not. So, are you saying that in retrospect McCoy was a good head coach and that he should not have been fired? Please tell us or would you rather avoid the obvious flaw in logic in your thinking?

Lynn is McCoy 2.0 only maybe a little bit worse because Lynn has had significantly more talent than McCoy did and has produced eerily similar results. In no world is the firing of McCoy justified, but the firing of Lynn is not.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Now explain why that was the last game he ever coached, Rich. I'm waiting and this explanation better be good.
                  Not sure what explanation is needed. Even AFTER that playoff debacle, he was brought back. He was not fired. He was fired a month later for trying to hire his brother over Spanos objection.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

so have read it twice now, and.... don't see any instance of you putting your money where your mouth is ??

am eye missing something ??
                    Not sure what you mean. I think I'm missing something
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Not sure what you mean. I think I'm missing something

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not sure what explanation is needed. Even AFTER that playoff debacle, he was brought back. He was not fired. He was fired a month later for trying to hire his brother over Spanos objection.
                        I love and revere both men. Marty engineered his own exit. AJ won the power struggle.

There's end to it. I bring it up because I won't stand for anyone posting alternative facts about the end in 2006.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

I love and revere both men. Marty engineered his own exit. AJ won the power struggle.

There's end to it. I bring it up because I won't stand for anyone posting alternative facts about the end in 2006.
                          The dysfunction did not leave with Marty or AJ or Norv. It didn't leave with Ross or Beathard. Because they were never the true problem. And it won't leave if Lynn goes away.
                          We know who the problem is....we saw it in the terrible marketing of fight for la. And we saw it in Bosa holdout over offset language. And we seen it in many other ways over the years.

The true orchestrators and engineers of all of this is at the top. They breached the contract, not the other party. They chose the GMs. They moved the team. They insert themselves into the process of picking players and coaches. The buck stops there.

If you truly revere both men, you would not be throwing both of them under the bus with your comment as if they were the true decision maker.

The decision and way forward, the ability to adapt and figure out a better resolution to conflict where constructive criticism is heard and learned from. Where changing how you do things needs to be an option. That accountability is at the top. And the last time an advisor told Dean he really needed to change how he does things. And Dean disagreed.....that advisor doubled down and said too bad your going to have to. Well...that advisor was immediately fired by Dean. What's the point of hiring the advisor if you fire him because you don't want to follow his advice. The dysfunction remains at the top.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X