• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Yes. They came out flat vs Carolina.

Did Lynn take over a team from McCoy that had only won 9 games the previous 2 season combined?
    Did Lynn take over a team that moved to LA and alienated a bunch of its fans?
    Did Lynn win 22 games in his 1st 2 years?
    Did Lynn post a double digit regular season wins in 2018? When was the last time that happened, 2009?
    Did Lynn have an aging QB on the decline throw 20 Int in his 3rd year as HC?
    Is Lynn still in the middle of his 4th year with a new QB?
    Was McCoy under .500 career record as Chargers HC?
    Is Lynn Chargers career record as a HC above .500?
    Was McCoy minus 43 point differential over his 4 years as Chargers HC?
    Is Lynn plus 158 point differential during his career as Chargers HC?

You can admit yes or lie about it, your choice. That is on coaching.

Do I really need to tell you the team had Allen-WR vs New Orleans for only 12 snaps and he had 2 catches 29yards with a TD?
    Do I really need to tell you Allen would have made a difference in the 2nd half?
    Do I really need to tell you that Bosa was only available for 28 snaps in that New Orleans game?
    Do I really need to tell you Bosa would make a difference if he was available for more snaps?
    Do I really need to discuss that Nwosu went out and Hayward went out in that New Orleans games and would have been useful in 2nd half?
    Do I have to remind you that if Badgely makes the kick, then they win the damn game?

And what are your lame excuses for ignoring the fact that Lynn raved about how talented this kid is right after drafting him?
    What are your lame excuses for Lynn saying he was going to let the kid compete for the starter spot in pre-season?
    What are your lame excuses for Lynn admitting he felt a need to protected the kid because he did get any pre-season action?
    What are you lame excuses for Lynn feeling it was better to start the veteran and take a big picture approach to bringing the kid along?
    What are your lame excuses for Lynn feeling confident to stay with JH10 even though the kid will surely make some more rookie mistakes and turnovers, like he did vs KC, and the Bucs?

Are they not 1-0 with the vet and 0-4 with the rookie? You can admit yes or you can lie and make excuses about why that is, your choice.

You are indeed removing yourself from all bounds of reason to support your absolutely insupportable position that Lynn is a terrible football coach and any of his players success is in spite of him.

Heads I win.
    Tails you lose.
    :larry:
    Marvelous simply marvelous!
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Yes. They came out flat vs Carolina.

Did Lynn take over a team from McCoy that had only won 9 games the previous 2 season combined?
      Did Lynn take over a team that moved to LA and alienated a bunch of its fans?
      Did Lynn win 22 games in his 1st 2 years?
      Did Lynn post a double digit regular season wins in 2018? When was the last time that happened, 2009?
      Did Lynn have an aging QB on the decline throw 20 Int in his 3rd year as HC?
      Is Lynn still in the middle of his 4th year with a new QB?
      Was McCoy under .500 career record as Chargers HC?
      Is Lynn Chargers career record as a HC above .500?
      Was McCoy minus 43 point differential over his 4 years as Chargers HC?
      Is Lynn plus 158 point differential during his career as Chargers HC?

You can admit yes or lie about it, your choice. That is on coaching.

Do I really need to tell you the team had Allen-WR vs New Orleans for only 12 snaps and he had 2 catches 29yards with a TD?
      Do I really need to tell you Allen would have made a difference in the 2nd half?
      Do I really need to tell you that Bosa was only available for 28 snaps in that New Orleans game?
      Do I really need to tell you Bosa would make a difference if he was available for more snaps?
      Do I really need to discuss that Nwosu went out and Hayward went out in that New Orleans games and would have been useful in 2nd half?
      Do I have to remind you that if Badgely makes the kick, then they win the damn game?

And what are your lame excuses for ignoring the fact that Lynn raved about how talented this kid is right after drafting him?
      What are your lame excuses for Lynn saying he was going to let the kid compete for the starter spot in pre-season?
      What are your lame excuses for Lynn admitting he felt a need to protected the kid because he did get any pre-season action?
      What are you lame excuses for Lynn feeling it was better to start the veteran and take a big picture approach to bringing the kid along?
      What are your lame excuses for Lynn feeling confident to stay with JH10 even though the kid will surely make some more rookie mistakes and turnovers, like he did vs KC, and the Bucs?

Are they not 1-0 with the vet and 0-4 with the rookie? You can admit yes or you can lie and make excuses about why that is, your choice.

You are indeed removing yourself from all bounds of reason to support your absolutely insupportable position that Lynn is a terrible football coach and any of his players success is in spite of him.

Heads I win.
      Tails you lose.
      :larry:
      Lynn began in 2017 with a much better team than McCoy did in 2013.

Lynn made the playoffs once and his team won one playoff game, which is the exact same result as the result that McCoy produced with a lesser team. Lynn and McCoy have had two other non-playoff seasons in which their team's record was identical (9-7 in 2014 for McCoy and 2017 for Lynn, and 5-11 in 2016 for McCoy and 2019 for Lynn). In both instances, McCoy accomplished the same result with a less talented team. As for their other season, McCoy finished 4-12 and Lynn is off to a 1-4 start and is on pace to finish worse than 4-12.

Lynn is one game above .500 and dropping. He is likely to be below .500 as a head coach by the end of this season despite playing a 4th place schedule and he clearly has his team headed in the wrong direction.

McCoy's teams had major injuries as well, so that is no excuse. Lynn is just another McCoy.

The coaching and the idiotic play calling is why Badgley had to attempt such a long FG at the end of regulation. Herbert and M. Williams were brilliant, but could not overcome the lost timeout due to calling a freaking running play with 47 seconds left from their own 20 yard line on the game's final drive in regulation. Simply put, there was no understanding of even basic time management concepts.

Thank you for clarifying Lynn's stupidity with respect to Herbert. Lynn decided that starting Tyrod was better. His analysis was that Herbert needed to be protected because he did not get any preseason action. So, Lynn was totally wrong with respect to both thoughts. That should give us all confidence in Lynn's ability to evaluate players, which was worse than pathetic in this instance.

By stating that Taylor won and Herbert lost, are you attempting to suggest that Taylor played better than Herbert or will you admit that the record of each QB has nothing to do with how that QB has played so far this season? Is it not a fact that Herbert has played better in all four of his starts than Taylor did in his lone start? Will you deny the obvious?

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Lynn began in 2017 with a much better team than McCoy did in 2013.

Lynn made the playoffs once and his team won one playoff game, which is the exact same result as the result that McCoy produced with a lesser team. Lynn and McCoy have had two other non-playoff seasons in which their team's record was identical (9-7 in 2014 for McCoy and 2017 for Lynn, and 5-11 in 2016 for McCoy and 2019 for Lynn). In both instances, McCoy accomplished the same result with a less talented team. As for their other season, McCoy finished 4-12 and Lynn is off to a 1-4 start and is on pace to finish worse than 4-12.

Lynn is one game above .500 and dropping. He is likely to be below .500 as a head coach by the end of this season despite playing a 4th place schedule and he clearly has his team headed in the wrong direction.

McCoy's teams had major injuries as well, so that is no excuse. Lynn is just another McCoy.

The coaching and the idiotic play calling is why Badgley had to attempt such a long FG at the end of regulation. Herbert and M. Williams were brilliant, but could not overcome the lost timeout due to calling a freaking running play with 47 seconds left from their own 20 yard line on the game's final drive in regulation. Simply put, there was no understanding of even basic time management concepts.

Thank you for clarifying Lynn's stupidity with respect to Herbert. Lynn decided that starting Tyrod was better. His analysis was that Herbert needed to be protected because he did not get any preseason action. So, Lynn was totally wrong with respect to both thoughts. That should give us all confidence in Lynn's ability to evaluate players, which was worse than pathetic in this instance.

By stating that Taylor won and Herbert lost, are you attempting to suggest that Taylor played better than Herbert or will you admit that the record of each QB has nothing to do with how that QB has played so far this season? Is it not a fact that Herbert has played better in all four of his starts than Taylor did in his lone start? Will you deny the obvious?
        :troll::deadhorse:
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Crusher. You lost. Just give up.
          And watch the show this year and next.
          Herbert/Lynn is here to stay.
          :hello:

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Not sure why you are so confident that a guy given a 1 year prove it extension after a dismal 5-11 season will be back. Especially since everything wrong we saw last year is still happening this year, despite Rivers the scapegoat being gone. The Lynn experiment cannot end soon enough for me. Glad to see the national media starting to call attention to his conservative play calling that is holding the team back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
              Crusher. You lost. Just give up.
              And watch the show this year and next.
              Herbert/Lynn is here to stay.
              :hello:
              Your inability to respond to point after point on the merits is telling.

I get it. I mean if I were in your position, I would not want to try to respond to my points either as you have taken several indefensible positions.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Crusher
                You cannot defend a single one of you positions on merit. Lynn is the one who earn the opportunity and will succeed or fail by his own deeds and by its own merit. Lynn is the one in the ring.

And your getting too damn serious about subjective opinions about the team and trying to fkn lawyer on the message board meant for fun debate.

Go kick rocks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Not sure why you are so confident that a guy given a 1 year prove it extension after a dismal 5-11 season will be back. Especially since everything wrong we saw last year is still happening this year, despite Rivers the scapegoat being gone. The Lynn experiment cannot end soon enough for me. Glad to see the national media starting to call attention to his conservative play calling that is holding the team back.

Looking back,
                  you have his first year where a talented team missed the playoffs;
                  his second year where everything went right, until that embarrassing self explosion in Foxboro,
                  and a final two years of crap - i'm assuming 6 - 10 this year.

Do you run out and give this guy a 4 or 5 year contract next January?
                  A one year contract is not an option.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

This thread now: "I don't agree with your opinion so I'll loudly declare the debate over and you have lost".

Welcome to 2020.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

This thread now: "I don't agree with your opinion so I'll loudly declare the debate over and you have lost".

Welcome to 2020.
                      Haha
                      I definitely want to push the conversation elsewhere
                      everything seems to be tied back to the polarization of Lynn.
                      we need to start threads with disclaimers like:
                      ”assuming you don’t want Lynn to get food poisoning before kick-off....”
                      or
                      ”assuming Lynn isn’t the greatest coach in NFL history being held back by injuries or Rivers on any given year....”
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Your inability to respond to point after point on the merits is telling.

I get it. I mean if I were in your position, I would not want to try to respond to my points either as you have taken several indefensible positions.
                        Really?
                        Ok I'll humor you. Yet we will still see this different. You are not correct objectively. Its simply your opinion. And I am not objectively correct either in my opinion.
                        It nearly all subjective and up to interpretation.

Did they come out flat vs Carolina? Yes? No? Maybe?
                        Coming out flat is an subjective interpretation of how you felt they played. And that is all. Cannot be proven no matter how much you want it to be true.
                        Yet I agreed with that opinion that they did seem flat.
                        Did they outscore Carolina 9 to 3 in the 2nd half? If Chargers happened to make that pitch play work on that final drive. Would it not have been a game winner and outscored carolina 16-3 in 2nd half and winning. Simply by that pitch play working between Ekeler and Allen? You can admit yes or lie. Your choice.

Did Lynn timeout in the drive vs New Orleans cost them? Yes?, No?, Maybe?
                        What we do know is that the calls by OC and the plays made by players up until the missed FG, put them in a position to win. That is an objective fact. So Lynn did give them a chance to win. And we know that if that kick goes through, they win the game. Again a fact.
                        We do not know the results of throwing on that 1st play, which you think was the better decision. There is a multitude of possiblities including a negative play, potential turnover. As well as possible TD pass. Anything could happen if you change the plays. We do not know that it would end up any better. For all we know the Crusher playcall on that down turns out horrible with a strip sack and they don't even end up with a chance at a GW FG try. It is your interpretation that your idea would have worked. And you simply cannot prove that your decision would have lead to anything better.
                        But you can certainly keep incessantly trying to prove your opinion is objective, when it is no more objective than mine or anyone else on this board. And actually at times simply unfair in its hypocritical premises and conclusions.

Lynn/McCoy. Yes if you want to disregard total wins between two coaches. You can state they both won one a playoff game. That is not disputed. That is fact.
                        I'm pointing out the details about the total resumes.
                        Did you notice you take detail away when it fits your point. But then get very detailed when it also fits your point.
                        Was McCoy team more talented. Was Lynn team more talented. This is very subjective and debatable. I think the difference is marginal. You do not. Again it purely subjective.
                        For every point. There can easily be a counter point. Especially when all our points are subjective opinion about facts.

Finally, when you say idiotic play call and Lynn's stupidity in arguing your points, It is very clear in my view that your entire opinion is quite biased.
                        Then to follow that up and say that my inability to respond to point after point on merit is telling. Well merit means something has a quality that is worthy.
                        And there is nothing worthy about many of your unqualified opinions.

By the way. I am very biased in favor of Lynn. I think that is pretty obvious.
                        In my view, out of 32 HCs in league, he is in the top half for sure.
                        And by end of 2021 he will have climbed into top 10 and higher.

I will stay out on this limb with Lynn.

Have a Happy Friday!

:More Q Please:

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Amen

Comment

Working...
                          X