• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Those Bombs vs Bucs by JH10,.....Rivers might not have hit because his arm strength is about 10-15yd less than Herbert bombs.
    On one 1st down play pretty sure Herbert evades a defender and throws it and completes where Rivers would've taken the sack.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Watching a game show a while back.

The question was who has more children?

1. George Foreman
        2. Phillip Rivers
        3. Secretariat

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Norv comments were sour grapes. He put all the blame on GM and player talent level. And that is just sad and shows why Norv lacked leadership skills. But we knew that when he took over the 14-2 team, started 3-5 and LT had to inspire and Lead the Team to postseason because nobody else in the building was showing any leadership.

After Norv, the Team won 18 games in 2 seasons and a playoff game right after, so either McCoy was a genius to completely over achieve with a horrible roster or the talent was not nearly as horrible as Norv scapegoated it to be.

How many players on that final Norv team had made or would make a pro bowl at least once in their career. I count 12 of them. So he had 12 players capable of making a pro bowl at some point in there career. And he had Rivers/Gates in their prime.

I guess when Norv inherited the most talented team in football with LT in his prime coming off 14-2 season, then every year after that the roster was going to suck if you asked Norv.
          :smh:
          Who were pro bowlers by that stage? Rivers, Gates, Weddle & who? I hope you are not referring to washed up has beens.

Focusing on McCoy's team:

Other than Weddle, no one on that defense would start for this current squad. Maybe Liuget.
          Remember Thomas Keiser? He was their sackmaster. He punched someone at a bar and got kicked out of football
          ...wish he packed that kind of pop on the gridiron

The cornerbacks were garbage - pure garbage. Who played opposite Weddle?

Dunlap, Fluker, Clary, Troutman.... didn't cause many sleepless night for defensive coordinators, I can assure you.
          Lots of playmakers, i'll give you that....kind of like the last two years for this current squad.

But when 2/3rds of your team is crap + some playmakers, getting them to 500 is a really good job. Winning a playoff game with them was a miracle.
          They came close to beating the AFC champion that year in the playoffs.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I may be the only one left that still likes Anthony and still believes he's a good coach. Like everyone else, I sometimes question his on field decisions but I don't see him repeating his mistakes. What I see that I like is how consistent he is - he stays calm and keeps pushing his players to play within themselves. His leadership is obvious and I believe he'll grow into the job. While many of you are hoping he gets fired soon, I'm hoping he's leading this team for many years. The 12-4 season is proof enough for me that we can win with him as the HC!
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I may be the only one left that still likes Anthony and still believes he's a good coach. Like everyone else, I sometimes question his on field decisions but I don't see him repeating his mistakes. What I see that I like is how consistent he is - he stays calm and keeps pushing his players to play within themselves. His leadership is obvious and I believe he'll grow into the job. While many of you are hoping he gets fired soon, I'm hoping he's leading this team for many years. The 12-4 season is proof enough for me that we can win with him as the HC!
              You’re not alone brother Roo.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                IMO, Lynn has winners intangibles. He is a great leader. Solid teacher. His philosophy mirrors some of the great HCs. Games are not won on gameday. They are won with how you practice and prepare to execute at a high level. He played and coached under some of the great HCs in the league. The man also experienced championship journey and has won back to back superbowl rings. He knows what it takes. And I agree he is growing as he continues his journey in football. He has continued to climb the ladder. Nothing has been handed to him. He has earn it all. No doubt his players respect that.
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

IMO, Lynn has winners intangibles. He is a great leader. Solid teacher. His philosophy mirrors some of the great HCs. Games are not won on gameday. They are won with how you practice and prepare to execute at a high level. He played and coached under some of the great HCs in the league. The man also experienced championship journey and has won back to back superbowl rings. He knows what it takes. And I agree he is growing as he continues his journey in football. He has continued to climb the ladder. Nothing has been handed to him. He has earn it all. No doubt his players respect that.
                  At this point we don't need a great leader we need a Great Healer! Most of the injured players have not made it back after 4 games. After 8 games it might become a moot point whether he's a great leader or not without getting half these players back.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Man, It really fits in a ridiculous way! Gotta unload that exploding pineapple before someone gets to me!
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• alex8080
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

i do think he is a decent coach, but maybe the headline should read Future with Bienemy?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

On one 1st down play pretty sure Herbert evades a defender and throws it and completes where Rivers would've taken the sack.
                        If it is the first long td pass, Rivers would have set up in the sweet spot in the pocket and thrown it sooner. Still, it was a great play.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Balboa Park bench
                          • Medical Simulation
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          Watching a game show a while back.

The question was who has more children?

1. George Foreman
                          2. Phillip Rivers