• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

And how many 1st or 2nd round O liners has Telescope drafted in his tenure?If its broke ya dont just give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Team had no business getting a double digit lead in the 1st place. They were underdogs vs KC, Bucs, Saints. The odds makers said they should lose the game and they did.

Did you not read the pre game shade posted that Lynn is a terrible coach and is going to get blown out by KC, Bucs & Saints.

Then after the game, it changed to Lynn blew it, he should have won. Terrible coach.

Well which is it?
      Terrible coach that will get blown out by Mahomes/Reid, Brady/Arians, Brees/Payton
      Or
      Terrible coach Lynn should have beat them and blew it.

I say good coach missing half his starters and still giving them all they can handle.

Be careful what you wish for.
      You are missing a huge part of the equation. In no way have the Chiefs, Bucs and Saints been as good as many thought they would be. By all rights, the Chiefs should be 2-3 right now. They got lucky that Newton was out against them when they played the Patriots or they would have lost. They got the usual Lynn aided blown lead from us and they did lose at home to the Raiders.

The Bucs should also be 2-3. They should have lost to us, but for the Lynn aided blown 17 point lead. The Bucs did lose to the Saints and the Bears.

And, of course, the Saints should have lost to us, but got the usual Lynn aided blown 17 point lead, and they did lose to the Raiders and at home to a superior Packers team.

Another part of the equation is that Herbert is much better much earlier than people thought he would be. He is easily the OROY so far this season. So bettors are having to adjust to where these teams really are and that will take some time. And, of course, the betting encompasses the taunts of our rival fans that say "Chargers gonna Charger", which is a national indictment of our coaching staff.

The third part is that we have been awful in one score games where good coaching is most likely to make a difference, now 3-13 in such games since the beginning of last year. Add in that the team came out flat as a pancake against Carolina plus three blown double digit second half leads in 4 weeks plus the team's rapid decline last year from 2018 and the failed coaching becomes crystal clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by therber219 View Post

Wasn't Lamp a 2nd rounder?
        Good point. I forgot about Lamp. But still, we have not exactly made the OL a priority.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

We’ve made 3 top 100 picks, which are premium investments, along the Oline in the past 4 years and 4 FA/trade signings of former #1s(2) / 3rd(2). They have had growing pains or injuries that have limited performance.

Im tired about hearing this BS.

For example how many sacks did the vaunted Saints Oline with All-Pros/1st rounders surrender to our hanged up Dline? Their 2 All-Pro OTs each gave up sacks.
          Olines don’t block perfectly every snap of every game. Get over yourself people.
          Tevi, Lamp, Feeney played solid games last night. Groy and Pip had major issues, Groy primarily.

If our coaching staff is this shitty, what are the reasons behind Herbert’s development /play?
          How are we in every game till the final possessions with 10+ starters/major contributors out or playing injured?
          How are we averaging almost 400 YPG?

Last thing, consistently having rushing attempts on early downs has made possible most of those deep ball TDs, that everyone LOVES, off play action.

Football lesson over for now.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

You are missing a huge part of the equation. In no way have the Chiefs, Bucs and Saints been as good as many thought they would be. By all rights, the Chiefs should be 2-3 right now. They got lucky that Newton was out against them when they played the Patriots or they would have lost. They got the usual Lynn aided blown lead from us and they did lose at home to the Raiders.

The Bucs should also be 2-3. They should have lost to us, but for the Lynn aided blown 17 point lead. The Bucs did lose to the Saints and the Bears.Thi

And, of course, the Saints should have lost to us, but got the usual Lynn aided blown 17 point lead, and they did lose to the Raiders and at home to a superior Packers team.

Another part of the equation is that Herbert is much better much earlier than people thought he would be. He is easily the OROY so far this season. So bettors are having to adjust to where these teams really are and that will take some time. And, of course, the betting encompasses the taunts of our rival fans that say "Chargers gonna Charger", which is a national indictment of our coaching staff.

The third part is that we have been awful in one score games where good coaching is most likely to make a difference, now 3-13 in such games since the beginning of last year. Add in that the team came out flat as a pancake against Carolina plus three blown double digit second half leads in 4 weeks plus the team's rapid decline last year from 2018 and the failed coaching becomes crystal clear.
            This team would have been dreadful with Tyrod Taylor at qb, after suffering just a few predictable injuries:
            simply dreadful! Only good enough to sneak out victories against the dregs of the league.
            That speaks to A Lynn's lack of judgement.

Herbert has elevated this mess: he's even carrying the coaching staff on his back.

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              So we're just sweeping under the rug that K.Allen started with 29yd and a TD. Then was gone for the final 3 quarters of the game.

Ekeler, James. Bulaga. Turner, Harris, Ingram. Tranquill.

Lynn has adjusted to losing all these very good players and stays competitive.

Yet Lynn won't make excuses. He is next man up, execute your assignment. Every game has been winnable. So clearly not bad gameplans or preparation where his team gets blown out.

Just keep working. Keep getting better.
              Win 4 out of next 5 to get back in it for a playoff push?
              Yes they can do it.
              Lynn hasn't done shit except snatch defeat from the jaw of victory. Conservative play calling is KILLING us. Under a minute and you start with two 4 yard passes? WTF? All time outs hit those 30 yard seam routs down the middle while their looking for those outside moves. HORRIBLE COACHING.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                And how many 1st or 2nd round O liners has Telescope drafted in his tenure?If its broke ya dont just give up.
                So if he took those high round oline WHO WOULDN'T WE HAVE? Derwin was a no brainer at 17. Yet we should have gone oline? Tillary? or Oline?

The funny thing is if TT DID go Oline heavy in the last few drafts and defense is getting torched you would be on here bitching about how many Dlinemen or secondary we should be drafting.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Good point. I forgot about Lamp. But still, we have not exactly made the OL a priority.
                  Telesco's Oline philosophy:

1. draft olinemen in the 3rd round
                  2. draft them from Notre Dame or small schools
                  2. draft guards and try to convert them to center.
                  3. get faded probowlers, with a recent injury, history on a discount.
                  4. dumpster dive

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                    We’ve made 3 top 100 picks, which are premium investments, along the Oline in the past 4 years and 4 FA/trade signings of former #1s(2) / 3rd(2). They have had growing pains or injuries that have limited performance.

Im tired about hearing this BS.

For example how many sacks did the vaunted Saints Oline with All-Pros/1st rounders surrender to our hanged up Dline? Their 2 All-Pro OTs each gave up sacks.
                    Olines don’t block perfectly every snap of every game. Get over yourself people.
                    Tevi, Lamp, Feeney played solid games last night. Groy and Pip had major issues, Groy primarily.

If our coaching staff is this shitty, what are the reasons behind Herbert’s development /play?
                    How are we in every game till the final possessions with 10+ starters/major contributors out or playing injured?
                    How are we averaging almost 400 YPG?

Last thing, consistently having rushing attempts on early downs has made possible most of those deep ball TDs, that everyone LOVES, off play action.

Football lesson over for now.
                    In response to your question I have bolded above, Lynn was forced, contrary to his idiotic wishes, to let Herbert play. Herbert is intelligent and incredibly physically gifted, which is why he is succeeding at times in spite of Lynn.

Without Bulaga and Turner, we essentially have the same horrible OL we had last year. When Bulaga has played, he has not been impressive. Turner has been too injured for us even to have a legitimate opinion of him at this point, so both of those additions have been failures so far. Okung is not on the team now and was often injured when he was. He had one good year. Pouncey had one good year, but apart from that has been an injury bust.

Herbert was frequently under pressure last night and it negatively impacted numerous plays.

Pipkins was overdrafted in the third round. Tevi is a reserve caliber OL at best. Lamp has been mediocre and Feeney is below average. Groy is not even a legitimate NFL player, just a practice squad level player that we are starting because our OL unit lacks quality depth.

No attempt was made to draft a starting caliber center when it was known when we signed Pouncey that he had a significant injury history. No attempt has been made to draft a starting caliber RT even though Bulaga is in his 30s. No starting caliber LT has been drafted even though it has been far from a certainty that Pipkins will ever develop into a decent starting LT and he was considered as a reach by most. There has been no ability to plan for issues that have been very foreseeable when it comes to the OL.

All of the OL positions are in serious need of being upgraded in terms of either the starting talent and/or the reserve talent. LT is our #1 team need right now. C is a huge need. RT, LG and RG are also team needs at least in terms of depth and maybe at the starting position for LG and RT.

Finally, nobody is saying that we should run the ball never. Rather, we should run play action passes more frequently on first down. Last night, at one point, we had 15 first down rushes for 14 yards and 8 first down passes for 68 yards. We lost the momentum in the game when we went run, run to open a second quarter drive and continued that on a third quarter drive. There was just a lack of feel for the game with some of the play calling last night.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

I am thinking what are the good, proven HC skills that AL has?:

- implementing game changing Xs and Os? Run run pass
                      - motivating players? Mishandling QB situation
                      - in game adjustments? With KC, NO, Tampa?
                      - not hesitate to fire underlerforming coaching staff? Stewart?
                      - eye for talent in draft? ??
                      - leading his people for a war?

Seriously what is making coach Lynn so special in your eyes?

I had written it before there is no future with Lynn and he has no future with organisation.

I wish for a change. I have seen much enough.

After Chargers will let him go he will not get HC gig again.

Gentleman bet. If he gets fired after the season like most are wishing. I predict he gets hired by Texans And coaches them to post season in 2021.

Whats funny too is how Lynn catches shade being former RB as an HC. But some wanting to fire him are suggesting Eric Bieniemy. Which is strange because he also is a former RB.

What makes him special to me is he took over a team that only won 9 games between 2 seasons 2015-2016 and was in turmoil in regard to support by fans after moving to a new city. And over the next 2 seasons 2017-2018 with absolutely no homefield advantage. Basically all road games. He won 22 games. He did that.

Last year Rivers fell off a cliff and tossed 20INTs
                      Lynn dumped him. Drafted Justin Herbert and immediately stated that he was drafted for a reason to be the furture franchise QB. And he was going to let him compete for the starters job in pre season.
                      But then there was no pre season to evaluate his development. So he went with the veteran. The veteran gets injured. The rookie gets to audition and earns the job.

He stays with a no excuses, next man up mentality. I think that rubs off on players and they compete and almost upset the Saints, even though they missing many key starters. And during game lost Allen too.

We kept making o-line excuses for Rivers.
                      Pouncey, Turner, Bulaga all out. So we are just going to ignore three former pro bowl lineman missing....when that always a big topic of need. Nope Lynn doesn't make it an excuse at all. And his team still competes with back ups rookies udfa all over the field.

So i think it is everything Lynn is having to deal with and his basic approach of team building. That makes me think he is a very good football coach and leader.

I don't grade the result of a play or game. What's important to me is did he put them in position to win.
                      If the WR is open for game winning TD and drops it.
                      Then I will never blame the HC. If FG kicker missed the game winner. I won't blame any HC for that loss.

I blame HC when players are not interesting in competition and getting better. When they look like they don't care and are just showing up for the paycheck. When they tune out the HC and don't respond, then its time to go. And i think that happened to McCoy. Where none of his players were listening to him anymore or trusting him

I still think Lynn has complete trust from his players.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Gentleman bet. If he gets fired after the season like most are wishing. I predict he gets hired by Texans And coaches them to post season in 2021.

Whats funny too is how Lynn catches shade being former RB as an HC. But some wanting to fire him are suggesting Eric Bieniemy. Which is strange because he also is a former RB.

What makes him special to me is he took over a team that only won 9 games between 2 seasons 2015-2016 and was in turmoil in regard to support by fans after moving to a new city. And over the next 2 seasons 2017-2018 with absolutely no homefield advantage. Basically all road games. He won 22 games. He did that.

Last year Rivers fell off a cliff and tossed 20INTs
                        Lynn dumped him. Drafted Justin Herbert and immediately stated that he was drafted for a reason to be the furture franchise QB. And he was going to let him compete for the starters job in pre season.
                        But then there was no pre season to evaluate his development. So he went with the veteran. The veteran gets injured. The rookie gets to audition and earns the job.

He stays with a no excuses, next man up mentality. I think that rubs off on players and they compete and almost upset the Saints, even though they missing many key starters. And during game lost Allen too.

We kept making o-line excuses for Rivers.
                        Pouncey, Turner, Bulaga all out. So we are just going to ignore three former pro bowl lineman missing....when that always a big topic of need. Nope Lynn doesn't make it an excuse at all. And his team still competes with back ups rookies udfa all over the field.

So i think it is everything Lynn is having to deal with and his basic approach of team building. That makes me think he is a very good football coach and leader.

I don't grade the result of a play or game. What's important to me is did he put them in position to win.
                        If the WR is open for game winning TD and drops it.
                        Then I will never blame the HC. If FG kicker missed the game winner. I won't blame any HC for that loss.

I blame HC when players are not interesting in competition and getting better. When they look like they don't care and are just showing up for the paycheck. When they tune out the HC and don't respond, then its time to go. And i think that happened to McCoy. Where none of his players were listening to him anymore or trusting him

I still think Lynn has complete trust from his players.
                        I remember this argument well during the last two years of McCoy. Probably made during the fading twilight of the era of Norb as well.

When losses pile up, players lose faith in what you are saying. I remember one guy talking about the difference between losing with Marty & losing with Norv: with Marty you could pin point what exactly happened & why you lost; with Norv it was a cluster fuck of misery: things breaking down at the worst possible time.

Lynn needs to win - period. If he can convey to his team, in simple fashion, why they are losing and what they need to & can do better at key points in the game, then he might succeed. If his message is overly simple: like you guys need to stop turning the ball over, or he can't pinpoint what is going wrong concisely, or he's talking out of both sides of his mouth, than he'll fail, and the close losses will turn into lopsided contests near the end of the season.

Just exhorting them to do execute better, by itself, and not turn the ball over, is not going to end up well.
                        Last edited by powderblueboy; 10-13-2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2020
                          • Send PM

I agree with many recent posts here, the players seem to be responding to Lynn very well. Look at Baltimore, they practically gave up that last quarter vs the Chiefs. I'd have more complaints about that coaching staff than this one. Point blank, the team still has some holes and weak areas on the field that would turn these close games into wins.

If even only a small amount of the on-field issues get addressed during the offseason, I'm confident our coaching staff and players can get into the play-off hunt next year and establish a real solid young core. Yet who says we don't make a good run this season and get that process going sooner?

Trust the process. We've moved on from Rivers and committed to rebuilding, so let them build.

Bringing in veteran players that execute and know how to close out games would help big time on this team more than looking for another coach would. If we can make a mid-season run to show potential free agents that this team got potential, I'd take that 10/10 for this team over tanking for some high draft picks at this point.
                          Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 10-13-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X