Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I would have to hear it to believe it. I've heard too many things about Lynn that turned out to be a mischaracterization.

If true, Lynn has lost respect in the locker room, Spanos needs to fire him today, and critty needs to reprogram himself on this issue.
    Just catching up to these post
    if you have the game DVR ed it's right in the beginning
    I never rewind live games, but I had to yesterday to rehear what I thought I did.
    Happy to be wrong if I misheard twice
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• kgbpasha
      #болтап
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

If Lynn is a great HC, so am I.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

How can people forget 2018? Cherry picking stats is lame and makes you a hater. Look at all the stats, judge Lynn by all. Give blame and credit where its due. This team has had a chance to win all but the Miami game. Thats what players always ask for "a chance to win"

You can dislike the HC, but dont be a hater.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Before the Cheifs game, Saint game, Bucs game, Raiders game. Most of the post I was seeing that were against Lynn said he was going to get blown out because he such a terrible coach. That he had no chance with a rookie QB vs Mahomes/Reid, Brees/Payton, Brady, Arians. Carr/Gurden.

They were supposed to lose. And get blown out because Lynn sucks.

I posted before all those games. Lynn will have a good game plan and have them prepared. They will have opportunities to win these games, each and everyone of them and I got trashed for that opinion. But then they did have chances in all of them and got leads in many but didn't cash in and make a play to win those games.

Then the goalpost moved from he so bad they won't have a chance in those games......to he is so bad they cannot win the close game....from the same people who said it was going to be a blowout.

My position and my reasons hasn't changed. He is a great HC and with a little better health and time he will win plenty of games with Herbert at QB.

It would be nice if a few came back and said....I thought we would not even have a chance in those games but Lynn had them ready to go and they were right there with a chance to win. I'm disappointed but it was nice to see they were ready to play. And also admit. What if Allen and Bosa stayed healthy in that Saints game. What if we had James available to play or Harris. Nope. It was immediately .....see even he can't win the close game, he sucks. And other have injury too.

And even statement of Herbert statistical success is in spite of him. Nothing but complete discredit of any bits of success.

Its easy to throw shade. Its easy to wait for results and then shift opinion. How about sticking to the take. Stick to the he was going to be blown out in certain games. And then admit being wrong because they played much better than your expectations. I'm not seeing much of that from the Lynn haters.

​​​​​​

​​​​
          you lost me when you said before the chiefs game people were saying Lynn had no chance with a rookie QB against Mahomes/Reid. It’s been a while since that game but nobody, not even Lynn, knew Herbert was starting until 1 minute before the game.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            How can people forget 2018? Cherry picking stats is lame and makes you a hater. Look at all the stats, judge Lynn by all. Give blame and credit where its due. This team has had a chance to win all but the Miami game. Thats what players always ask for "a chance to win"

I like Lynn and had very high hopes for him. I was so glad to be done with McCoy and bought into his mantra or toughness. It seemed the players did also in years 1 and 2. I have to say that the last 2 seasons he has seemed like a shell of himself. I don’t think he’s been the same since we got spanked in NE. Maybe he realized he was in over his head right at that moment

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

For having the opinion that Lynn is a very good HC? Yes!!!! clearly my opinion is considered crazy to many who post here. You know that and I know that.

Or

For calling out people who think their subjective opinion are facts? No!!! Its crazy for posts that are clearly just subjective opinion to be called facts. I would hope you know that because I know the difference between opinion and fact.

Fact is Lynn team has a losing record last 2 seasons at this point. Fact is Lynn team hasn't beat an AFC West opponent in the last 9 games. I'm not denying any of these facts. And I really do get people have an issue with the results and most calling for his job.

I simply have a different opinion of it all. Fact is he is 29-29 and 1-1 in playoffs going to LA. And going Rivers to Herbert. I don't see poor coaching as much as a see lack of talent in part because of injury. I know last time Lynn had a healthier and more experienced team they went 12-4 tied for best record in all of AFC and he had no real home field advantage. That is also a fact. Just one and a half seasons ago he was part of that. So I think Lynn is fully capable winning in this league.
              ​​​​​​
              What I don't like seeing is all this criticism of the recent struggle place completely on Lynn in a team game. And what he did in first couple years discounted and disregard and dismissed. If he gets full blame for what's happening now, he should get full credit for what happened then. Yet I'm seeing a lot of discredit of any success but full blame for any lack of success. And to me that reeks of hypocritical bullshit.

Ive already owned being the crazy person who still thinks Lynn is a very good coach and I gave my reasons why. And I don't need anybody to buy it. I've already said I will stay out on this limb by myself until the day he is fired.

​​​​​
              FFS, My opinion is that Lynn sucks (which is the same opinion held by the vast majoirty on this forum).

But, contrary to your statement, I have supported that opinion over many, many posts by citing a whole multitude of facts and citing still other facts that undermine many of your takes.

On January 4, 2021, I will be cranking the chorus of this number up and thinking of you and Lynn...

Na na na na
              Na na na na
              Hey hey hey
              Goodbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

No. Players need to be put in the best position possible to win and Lynn has not come close to doing that. Games we should have won by multiple scores ended up being losses because of bad coaching decisions in game after game.

Lynn has no clue what to do. He needs to go pass heavy in every remaining game, especially on early downs, and take advantage of Herbert, but I would be shocked if he ever actually figured it out through his RB colored gasses. But hey, it only costs us about 14-17 net points per game, so no big deal, right? I mean as long as we have a chance to win a game that should have been at least a two score win for us, everything is okay, right?

If a coach has earned a strong reputation, then maybe he has earned a few mulligan seasons, but Lynn is McCoy--one 9-7 non-playoff season, one wild card round single playoff win season, one 5-11 season, and what looks like it will be another season with heavy losses. Why should Lynn be treated more favorably than McCoy for producing functionally the exact same result? I have yet to see anyone favoring Lynn answer that satisfactorily.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

Anyone see Lynn with a play sheet on the sideline pretending like hes actually calling plays.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Imagine if Lynn situations was flipped with Flores.

​​​​​​There would be walls and walls of text explaining why Lynn is such a poor coach. And how he handled the QB situation shows his incompetence. And there would be walls of text about the GM and HC making the wrong choice.

You know it and I know it. They would be pointing out he is 11-15 as a HC. A losing record. And complaining that he could have had Herbert. But instead we have Tua who may be injury prone and he looked lost out there vs Denver. And now your benching him. Just shockingly poor.coaching. He should have been released after starting 0-7 last year. Get an experienced HC.

Because that is the rhetoric that gets leveled at Lynn.

Yet Flores will be called a better HC. Even though he is 4 games under at 11-15. And Lynn is .500 at 29-29
                    ​​​​
                    I think they are both good HCs. And I think they both need plenty of time with their rookie QB before being judged.
                    Flores's team was complete garbage last year. They did a fire sale in the offseason and all the best players were auctioned away. At the beginning of last year, people wondered if they would win a game - so depleted were they in talent. They were getting blow out in every game leading up to the Charger game; the Chargers bungled there way to a too close than need be win. How typical!

Miami steadily & consistently improved from game 1 under Flores. The Chargers are steadily getting worse from that exact point.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

How can people forget 2013? How can people forget 2009 (before the Jets fiasco)?

Its a what have you done for me lately league....and since 2018 (before the Patriot fiasco), zip!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Before the Cheifs game, Saint game, Bucs game, Raiders game. Most of the post I was seeing that were against Lynn said he was going to get blown out because he such a terrible coach. That he had no chance with a rookie QB vs Mahomes/Reid, Brees/Payton, Brady, Arians. Carr/Gurden.

They were supposed to lose. And get blown out because Lynn sucks.

I posted before all those games. Lynn will have a good game plan and have them prepared. They will have opportunities to win these games, each and everyone of them and I got trashed for that opinion. But then they did have chances in all of them and got leads in many but didn't cash in and make a play to win those games.

Then the goalpost moved from he so bad they won't have a chance in those games......to he is so bad they cannot win the close game....from the same people who said it was going to be a blowout.

My position and my reasons hasn't changed. He is a great HC and with a little better health and time he will win plenty of games with Herbert at QB.

​​​​​​

​​​​
                        Blown out? Before the Jets game, i was expecting them to blow out the Jets: an 0-9 team, starting a backup qb, a depleted secondary, and traveling all the way from the East Coast.

Instead, we got a nail biter. One bad break or a contrary call and they would have lost. We get treated to Rich Gannon talking about what a top rate coach George Stewart is: must have got that teleconferencing with Lynn during the week.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

you lost me when you said before the chiefs game people were saying Lynn had no chance with a rookie QB against Mahomes/Reid. It’s been a while since that game but nobody, not even Lynn, knew Herbert was starting until 1 minute before the game.
                          Right. It was Tyrod that game and prediction of going to be blown out because of Lynn. That opinion did not change much when Herbert was the starter vs Saints and Bucs. Again prediction of blow outs.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X