• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Amazing how the Jets really did nothing offensively the first half but right away, second half kickoff, boom, a score. Like the Denver game. This team cannot make adjustments at halftime.
    I think they do but what os worse those are always wrong and always our coaches are always outcoached.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

The Jets had scored 121 points prior to our game and of course we give up nearly 30 again to the worst offense in the league.

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Rex Ryan licking Lynns balls again saying were ranked 3rd in offense with 3 back up O-lineman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
          Rex Ryan licking Lynns balls again saying were ranked 3rd in offense with 3 back up O-lineman.
          We are ranked third on offense very much in spite of Lynn, not because of him. Lynn's ideal game plans were Cincinnati and Miami. And Herbert never would have played this year if Lynn had his way.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

We are ranked third on offense very much in spite of Lynn, not because of him. Lynn's ideal game plans were Cincinnati and Miami. And Herbert never would have played this year if Lynn had his way.
            If Lynn is back - and the Chargers have a new DC - I have a feeling Lynn would skip Milus and hire his old pal. I was for this move last offseason by the way.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Anthony got a loosing record when startin top 10 draft pick at qb
              Not with a rookie.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Crusher....your initial comment at me is just a useless attack that earn you no credibility. And many of your comments are pure subjective opinion. I'm comparing apples to apples. And your not. You don't seem to get what the word subjective means. You don't seem to get larger context of things. KC didn't pass on Hill. They drafted him.
                ​​​​​​You wasted your time showing teams who didn't draft Hill because you can't comprehend my point. I said Hill type player in reference to players who have some issues. It had nothing to do with it actually being Tyreek or what rd the player was selected. It was the concept about the pattern and philosophy of other organizations to show difference between how franchise typically do business.

​​​​​​And the point about QB was to show importance having your best players available. Its was the concept of how talent matters.

Additional you use the term he lead the Steelers to playoff a number of times. That shows me you do not understand that the Steelers organization from top to bottom has been contenders for decades long before Tomlin arrived.

Organizations/Teams/Talent win. You put so much weight into coaching so you can keep trashing Lynn. But you can't explain away why even the best coaches are unable to overcome a talent drop off at significant positions.

​​​​​We can disagree. And you can be an jerk about it too. But your simply offering up a subjective opinion. Nothing more.
                Good luck with that.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

WTF?! Opinions before the draft are irrelevant.

Head coaches have the opportunity to observe players during practice. In no world could that observation have resulted in an objective view that Taylor was the better QB. Seriously, that is like watching Bosa and Rochell and deciding that Rochell is the better player. The difference is that big. The KC game was just 7 days after the CIN game. I am not buying that Herbert suddenly flipped a switch during that week of practice or on the day of the game against KC for the first time.

There are years of tape on Taylor. We know what he is. He is exactly the kind of QB that played against Cincinnati and that played for Buffalo and Cleveland--limited arm talent, no risks, and the occasonal running play. He is a game manager. Taylor has not been able to produce a lot of points anywhere he has been. One drive from Herbert against KC made it abundantly clear for everyone else not having had the chance to see Herbert in practice that he was much better than Taylor, a night and day difference and not a close call. He currently carries a QB rating that is about 25 points higher than Taylor's in spite of Lynn's idiotic game plans that serve to minimize the impact of Herbert's vast talent.

So, either Lynn is a complete idiot and/or Taylor was Lynn's predetermined choice because Lynn wanted to run the run-run-pass-punt and/or the run-run-run-punt offense at all costs.
                  I did not mean to offend.. Herbert has grown since college. Can we at least agree on that? He was not a consensus number 1 pick. There is a very good chance if the Chargers do not take him with the sixth pick, then he might have done an Aaron Rogers fall in the draft. There were some glaring issues with Herbert’s game coming out of college and I am sure his growth was over time and was not overnight. Again, if it were obvious from the draft that Herbert was ready from day one and he would play at his current level, then he would not have been so polarizing coming out and he would have even went higher if not number one.

There were many uncertainties about his trajectory as well. Absolutely no one.. or rather very few saw all of this coming so quickly, including Lynn. It’s one thing to flash in practice, it’s a complete different story to consistently do it in games. When it comes to a young QB, especially with the instabity of the OL.. I can’t blame Lynn with the more conservative approach here. And again.. just like with Herbert, in this revamped offense, maybe Tyrod was looking pretty good also.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

I did not mean to offend.. Herbert has grown since college. Can we at least agree on that? He was not a consensus number 1 pick. There is a very good chance if the Chargers do not take him with the sixth pick, then he might have done an Aaron Rogers fall in the draft. There were some glaring issues with Herbert’s game coming out of college and I am sure his growth was over time and was not overnight. Again, if it were obvious from the draft that Herbert was ready from day one and he would play at his current level, then he would not have been so polarizing coming out and he would have even went higher if not number one.

There were many uncertainties about his trajectory as well. Absolutely no one.. or rather very few saw all of this coming so quickly, including Lynn. It’s one thing to flash in practice, it’s a complete different story to consistently do it in games. When it comes to a young QB, especially with the instabity of the OL.. I can’t blame Lynn with the more conservative approach here. And again.. just like with Herbert, in this revamped offense, maybe Tyrod was looking pretty good also.
                    That pass to Allen in the endzone while rolling right: you saw glimpses of that at Oregon. Herbert wasn't going to drop too far. San Fran probably wasn't going to let him go by them.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That pass to Allen in the endzone while rolling right: you saw glimpses of that at Oregon. Herbert wasn't going to drop too far. San Fran probably wasn't going to let him go by them.
                      I agree.. many of what he is doing, he also did at Oregon. That’s why I liked him a lot coming into the draft. It was his inconsistencies, slow diagnosis at times, and inaccuracies that led to the polarization. Even Kurt Warner who I highly respect as an analysis had Jacob Eason rated higher than Herbert because of those issues. Most if not all would agree that he had some top of the line talent to work with, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        Crusher....your initial comment at me is just a useless attack that earn you no credibility. And many of your comments are pure subjective opinion. I'm comparing apples to apples. And your not. You don't seem to get what the word subjective means. You don't seem to get larger context of things. KC didn't pass on Hill. They drafted him.
                        ​​​​​​You wasted your time showing teams who didn't draft Hill because you can't comprehend my point. I said Hill type player in reference to players who have some issues. It had nothing to do with it actually being Tyreek or what rd the player was selected. It was the concept about the pattern and philosophy of other organizations to show difference between how franchise typically do business.

​​​​​​And the point about QB was to show importance having your best players available. Its was the concept of how talent matters.

Additional you use the term he lead the Steelers to playoff a number of times. That shows me you do not understand that the Steelers organization from top to bottom has been contenders for decades long before Tomlin arrived.

Organizations/Teams/Talent win. You put so much weight into coaching so you can keep trashing Lynn. But you can't explain away why even the best coaches are unable to overcome a talent drop off at significant positions.

​​​​​We can disagree. And you can be an jerk about it too. But your simply offering up a subjective opinion. Nothing more.
                        Good luck with that.
                        I see you did not quote my post or any part thereof in your response. And the reason for that is clear enough.

If you do not like me calling you out for BS posts, the solution is simple--stop posting absolute BS.

FFS, you are the one that used Hill and Moss as examples. So I cited reasons why we would not have been in a good position to land either of those players. For every player you bring up, there are reasons why we did not land that player and why history happened as it did. And that is the key point that you are missing. I cannot respond to every situation of a player with a checkered past, but if you are going to give examples, I will show how they are crappy ones.

It seems like you never have a good handle of the context of a given situation that happened years ago and you ignore those facts altogether when they serve to undermine your position.

I showed you how the teams you said would pick up players like Hill repeatedly passed on him at a time between our last draft pick before Hill was taken and when Hill was taken. All or virtually every team passed on him and some passed on him multiple times in that range before the Chiefs finally took him with their second pick of the 5th round and 5th pick since our last draft pick before he was taken. Hill was so important to the Chiefs that when they picked at 5/162, just three picks before Hill was taken, they chose someone else.

The fact is that nobody had Hill as that big of a deal coming out of college--nobody. You do not get to use hindsight to undermine a position held by every single team. Sometimes a Brady in round 6 or a Hill in round 5 happens. It is not any team's fault for passing on a player when nobody's board had him that high.

Our team is willing to consider players with potential character issues. We had an interest in Mixon, but the draft simply did not fall correctly as Lamp was valued higher. I am sure Telesco, like many of the draft pundits, had Lamp as a round 1 player. Your organizational attack on this point is simply wrong.

Turning to your other views, the loss of a starting QB is not the same as the loss of players at other positions and that distinction is meaningful enough to invalidate your comparisons and you should know that. Quite to the contrary of your suggestion, that is emphatically not making an apples to apples comparison.

It is telling that you only used the disingenuous reference to the loss of starting QBs by the coaches you named and not the loss of other players, which is the case with our team. Also, lesser records in a given season from established good/great head coaches should not be considered the same as a lesser record from a coach that has not done enough to prove himself, so the earned job security of coaches like Reid and Tomlin when they had some of their lesser seasons is completely different than the job security in the current situation with Lynn.

Finally, I have been incredibly specifc about my assertions about Lynn's coaching failures--takes from a purely strategic standpoint that have nothing whatsoever to do with anything else but coaching. Those issues have been detailed many times in threads on this forum and those issues are more than enough to justify Lynn's firing. Most us here agree that Lynn should be fired. We agree on most of these issues that we have witnessed.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Lynn is back - and the Chargers have a new DC - I have a feeling Lynn would skip Milus and hire his old pal. I was for this move last offseason by the way.
                          Are you saying it would be Rex Ryan as DC next year?

If they fire Gus after the season.

​​​​​​I'm hoping they interview Teryl Austin for the DC job.
                          I believe he also interviewed for the HC job by TommyJohn when they chose Lynn. So I think the front office would be on board adding him as DC next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X