Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jagged View Post
    Haha... You guys are having a “chicken or the egg” argument. Let me help you out, the organization AS A WHOLE is abysmal. From the top down, not one winning record with this team.

The Spanos: .478 winning percentage, this one has been well documented and I doubt that anyone here would argue that they are upper echelon owners.

Tom Telesco: .440 winning percentage since he’s been here, two playoff appearances, NO DIVISION TITLES. You may want to caveat the fact that he’s brought in talent to the team, but you cannot overlook his overall performance.

A.L: .483 winning percentage (and only going lower this year) When was the last time he won a division game? You can caveat his performance with all the injuries, but the same backup players gave him a lead in most of the games this year and they don’t manage the clock.

So you guys can shake hands and just agree that the organization as a whole sucks and only fixing one aspect of it will not correct the years of ineptitude we’ve been subjected to for over 45 years ( for me anyway)
    Congrats on post 420
    I agree with everything except the bold
    in any broken system, there is a possibility that changing one part could fix the whole
    possible, and that's all we can work with because there's literally no chance at change from up top
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Two experimental head coaches for almost a decade is enough! Time for proven talent in a new stadium and a brand new QB! If team telesco has not started putting out feelers for a new head coach then he may be as dense as Lynn. Not sure how to fix that!

:beer:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        Two experimental head coaches for almost a decade is enough! Time for proven talent in a new stadium and a brand new QB! If team telesco has not started putting out feelers for a new head coach then he may be as dense as Lynn. Not sure how to fix that!

I want a list of candidates that TPB would collectively consider big time HC they would give Baby Spanos credit for hiring
        and I have a strong feeling our next HC will be on that list.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

The roster is not as good, healthy or experienced enough to claim Lynn is underachieving.
          Break the roster down vs the league and be the opponents.
          matchups and everything.
          Because Lynn has them interested and very competitive and close, it's is frustrating not to finally break through. But I still believe that break through comes with health and more talent and experience. Not with a coach change. Disagree all you like. But first break the roster down. Highest rank per position.
          QB, LT, LG, OC, RG, RT, TE, WR, WR, RB, RB
          DE, DT, NT, DE, SLB, MLB, WLB, CB, CB, NB, SS, FS
          P, K, PR, KR

Tell me the players name who is...
          a top 5 player
          a top 10 player
          a top 15 player
          a top 20 player
          a top 25 player
          a top 50 player

32 teams in the league. 22 positions plus K, P, KR, PR
          Equals 390 players that are top 15 at their position.
          Of those 390 how many do Chargers have?

I see 3 right now that I would say are top 5
          Allen, Bosa, James. And only one has been healthy all year.

Top 10 I would say Ekeler and Henry. But Ekeler isn't healthy.

Top 15, I think the rookie JH10 is right about 15th. And Harris and Hayward could be thought of as top 15. But Harris isn't healthy. Hayward is probably around 15th.

So now Im up to 4 healthy top 15 players. Allen, Henry, Herbert, Hayward who were actually on the field over last two weeks.

4 out of 390.

This 2020 season, Lynn does not have the more talented team, or the more healthy team or the more experienced team.
          ​​​​​​
          ​​​But he has you fooled because he is getting them prepared to win and they are jumping out to leads and keeping it close.
          Just top notch coaching happening each and every week.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            The roster is not as good, healthy or experienced enough to claim Lynn is underachieving.
            Break the roster down vs the league and be the opponents.
            matchups and everything.
            Because Lynn has them interested and very competitive and close, it's is frustrating not to finally break through. But I still believe that break through comes with health and more talent and experience. Not with a coach change. Disagree all you like. But first break the roster down. Highest rank per position.
            QB, LT, LG, OC, RG, RT, TE, WR, WR, RB, RB
            DE, DT, NT, DE, SLB, MLB, WLB, CB, CB, NB, SS, FS
            P, K, PR, KR

Tell me the players name who is...
            a top 5 player
            a top 10 player
            a top 15 player
            a top 20 player
            a top 25 player
            a top 50 player

32 teams in the league. 22 positions plus K, P, KR, PR
            Equals 390 players that are top 15 at their position.
            Of those 390 how many do Chargers have?

I see 3 right now that I would say are top 5
            Allen, Bosa, James. And only one has been healthy all year.

Top 10 I would say Ekeler and Henry. But Ekeler isn't healthy.

Top 15, I think the rookie JH10 is right about 15th. And Harris and Hayward could be thought of as top 15. But Harris isn't healthy. Hayward is probably around 15th.

So now Im up to 4 healthy top 15 players. Allen, Henry, Herbert, Hayward who were actually on the field over last two weeks.

4 out of 390.

This 2020 season, Lynn does not have the more talented team, or the more healthy team or the more experienced team.
            ​​​​​​
            ​​​But he has you fooled because he is getting them prepared to win and they are jumping out to leads and keeping it close.
            Just top notch coaching happening each and every week.
            Bullshit! Dungee, Reid, Belicheck, or Tomlin would have this same team at no less than 6-3.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

is he a relative or something?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Jagged View Post
                Haha... You guys are having a “chicken or the egg” argument. Let me help you out, the organization AS A WHOLE is abysmal. From the top down, not one winning record with this team.

The Spanos: .478 winning percentage, this one has been well documented and I doubt that anyone here would argue that they are upper echelon owners.

Tom Telesco: .440 winning percentage since he’s been here, two playoff appearances, NO DIVISION TITLES. You may want to caveat the fact that he’s brought in talent to the team, but you cannot overlook his overall performance.

A.L: .483 winning percentage (and only going lower this year) When was the last time he won a division game? You can caveat his performance with all the injuries, but the same backup players gave him a lead in most of the games this year and they don’t manage the clock.

So you guys can shake hands and just agree that the organization as a whole sucks and only fixing one aspect of it will not correct the years of ineptitude we’ve been subjected to for over 45 years ( for me anyway)
                Telesco unfortunately has Mahomes to deal with and Reid....who Dean passed over.

AJ time here had a bad Raiders franchise with Al Davis at his worst and the Broncos and Shanahan making bad decisions as the GM with Cutler while we had Rivers at his best and even KC having down years and No Andy.

We won the division one time with a 8-8 record.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

It is true that Chargers problems start with ownership. They would never give total control to one of the top expensive HC's like Reid or bellycheat......

Watching Lynn do pressers we don't see the anger that the steelers coach displays the rare times they lose, but at least Lynn looks serious like he cares.....All of Bradley's pressers are such a happy smiling event(like he feels no pain, no anger...etc) that throws all the blame on players constantly making mistakes...... Gus may be a nice guy to sit in a bar with and have a drink with but he does not have the passion and aggressiveness to coach against today's pass-happy offenses...... there is never a comment that the results are unacceptable......

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Bullshit! Dungee, Reid, Belicheck, or Tomlin would have this same team at no less than 6-3.
                    Agree with this!...... our talent is not perfect but we have some good athletes on this team that are not being used correctly.....

Gus in his presser acted like he had no idea that Tillery could play so well at DE...... like they have never tried him there in practice and he seems to not understand that Murrey's weakness in college was in coverage???? Belicheck always knows the strengths and weaknesses of his players..... he does not put bad coverage guys like Murrey into coverage on most plays.....

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                      is he a relative or something?
                      The blind loyalty and sheer ignoring of what is obvious to everyone else makes you wonder...

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The blind loyalty and sheer ignoring of what is obvious to everyone else makes you wonder...
                        It does make me wonder why fans are smarter than coaches and players.

Here is the best defensive player take on the team.

“When you are presented opportunities, I have said this five times I am not asking you to do a cartwheel and then backflip it and pick it off between your legs with one arm then moonwalk into the endzone or some sh**,” explained Bosa. “If the ball is thrown at you, you have to make plays. I am not pointing fingers but if you want to win and be a great team you got to call it out and you got to tell it how it is.

“I always want to say it starts with me because I am as big of a culprit as anybody. Two or three of my sacks this year you see me holding on for dear life when I can easily reach out and go for the ball. I need to do a better job with that.”

So now we have both Allen and Bosa.
                        The 2 very best players on the team being accountable and not blaming the player errors and these close losses on the coaching. But instead on their inabilities to make plays when the opportunity presents itself.

But since you're a fanatic, you certainly can blame it all on Lynn and his staff. And you can feel very right about your take. And even claim it's obvious. And even have a large group think of fans and media about it to make it seem more true. But I'm still not buying it.

Happy Friday
                        :Cheers1:

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

​​​​​​
                          :what:

Sorry. No they would not.

Big Ben was away from Tomlin last year he went 8-8 even with the number 1 defense in takeaways, even with great FG kicking, even with a very healthy o-line with 3 pro bowlers. He could not get them to a winning record because of one star player missing.

And Belichek is 15 games under .500 when he has anyone else as his starting QB besides Brady. Again just one single player removed . And he is below avg for his career.

Andy Reid. Well....he is a very good football coach. But again, Reid has worked with McNabb, Vick, Smith, Mahomes. All 4 QBs were top 10 1st rd picks.
                          But....
                          In 2012 when Vick got injured. Reid went 4-12 .
                          In 2005 when McNabb got injured. Reid went 6-10
                          In 1999 when McNabb was a rookie... Reid made a very similar decision that Lynn made. He started Doug Pederson instead of his high draft pick rookie. And they went 5-11.

No way they would be 6-3 if they were missing some of their best players like Bosa and James. If their o-line was not healthy. Tomlin 14 years, Reid 22 years, Belicheat 26 years. That is 62 years combined of them being HCs in the NFL and none of them have a single winning season with a rookie QB starting. But you want Lynn to do something they have never done. And you insist they would be doing better. And would they be doing better now with decades of HC experience. Or are you talking about Reid, Tomlin and Belicheat all with just 3 years of experience working for Spanos in LA and with rookie QB, and then having many key starters injured. And I haven't even mention the home field disadvantage Lynn has had this whole time that Tomlin, Reid and Bill never experienced in their entire careers.

Sorry when I look at the bigger picture and context.
                          Not buying your simple take on things.
                          Lynn would have won Superbowls with Brady.
                          Lynn would be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh and won Superbowls with Big Ben.
                          Lynn would do just fine in Philly with McNabb or KC like Reid and won Superbowl with Chiefs.
                          Franchises, Teams, experience QBs win Superbowls. Coaches have a very important role, but it is the ultimate team sport. And none can do it without experience at QB and have a good amount of health with keystone starters or a FG kicker making clutch kicks and not going wide right.

​​​​

Comment

Working...
                          X