• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Here is the thing about Kelly -- the Chargers have the one thing that would entice him to jump from college to the pro's - Justin Herbert

The Chargers job is a good job - it might be the best job if it opened. Lets look at them

Falcons - have an older roster, need a younger QB - who knows, Ryan might have a few good years, no cap space
    Texans: good QB, no draft picks
    Lions: hard to say, Stafford is on the way down, decent cap space but not great
    Bears: need a QB
    Jets: they will get Lawrence
    Jags: will get a QB in the draft

Chargers have the QB - some really good players in Allen, Bosa, Ekeler, if healthy, James
    they have cap space and a QB

its a prime job for the right person to walk into - thats why I equate it to Steve Kerr and the WArriors. Just need the right Head Coach and staff to take it to the next level.
    If you are happy with your situation, I don't see a QB enticing you. That's once plus against Spanii being a big negative.

He can pick his own QBs at Notre Dame. He has say in personnel now, acoording to him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If you are happy with your situation, I don't see a QB enticing you. That's once plus against Spanii being a big negative.

He can pick his own QBs at Notre Dame. He has say in personnel now, acoording to him.
      don't harsh my buzz and dream

granted, after the last two weeks - I know Lynn will be coming back - granted, not sure who the ST coach will be; I have a feeling Rex will be DC as if he comes back, he will need to make changes.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Lynn isnt firing Stewart so we'll see. If Lynn stays then my bet is be gives the STs back and asks him to pay more attention to details.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Lynn isnt firing Stewart so we'll see. If Lynn stays then my bet is be gives the STs back and asks him to pay more attention to details.
          If Lynn doesn't fire Stewart than Lynn needs to be summarily dismissed himself right than. That my problem - I see needs for wholesale changes on the coaching staff so why is the HC immune from that. For me, he is not

For the Spanii - my guess - he will be.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
            There is no way they keep him.

The silly penalties, the special teams gaffes, the playcalling...that all falls on him. He may not call the plays, but he hired the guys that do.

And the defense has been atrocious pretty much all season.

The turtling up at the end of games is on him as well.

They can NOT keep Anthony Lynn and hope to develop any sort of fan base in Los Angeles. You have a fancy sparkling new stadium, and a shiny new quarterback who everyone is in Love with, and a team that is not bereft of talent. Competent coaching and this is a playoff team. Period.

image_2020-12-18_103814.png

This club has won 10 of their last 30 games. I won't buy a ticket in 2021 to watch another season of SpanosBall. No way.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Tom Telesco. You suck. But we also know you're not the problem.

image_4106.png

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

https://thebrawlnetwork.com/articles...geles-chargers

Not Hiring the Best Head Coach Candidates Available

When you look at the hiring of Mike McCoy and Anthony Lynn, it makes you wonder who else was available? Well, Andy Reid and Bruce Arians were available in 2013, but the rest of the 2013 class was largely a miss: Doug Marrone, Chip Kelly, Marc Trestman, Rob Chudzinski, and, “gulp” Gus Bradley. But, the 2017 class of head coaches was full of MAJOR hits!

Sean McDermott (33-25 record as head coach) has taken the Buffalo Bills from AFC East after-thought to division leaders. For reference, the Bills have not won their division since 1995! Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay are both creative play-callers that were hired in the same year as Lynn and each of them has a Super Bowl appearance. Lynn wasn’t one of the top-3 hires in his own coaching class.

It is Time to Move on from Tom Telesco as General Manager

Through two head coach hires, Telesco has failed to bring in the best coach available both times. Since 2013, Tom Telesco’s record as Chargers general manager is 56-68 (.452). The only players who remain since Telesco became general manager are Pro Bowlers Keenen Allen and Melvin Ingram (and technically Jahleel Addae). The constant that drives change is Telesco and it’s time to move on. He is indirectly responsible for the losing culture.
                Tom Telesco is indirectly responsible for the losing culture. Agree.

John Spanos is directly responsible for the losing culture.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  https://thebrawlnetwork.com/articles...geles-chargers

Tom Telesco is indirectly responsible for the losing culture. Agree.

John Spanos is directly responsible for the losing culture.
                  I would agree with this statement. Telesco hasn't done a great job but I am sure he has some unnecessary "help" from JohnBoy Spanii

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Jerry Smith’s program at St. Francis has yielded a wealth of football talent, including the current general managers of the San Diego Chargers and Jacksonville

Rumor-Mill: Word is, Telesco is safe.

I heard a another rumor that Telesco has a relationship with fellow St. Francis grad Brian Daboll.

The thread that ties together not just Telesco, Caldwell and Brian Polian, but thousands of kids who have come through the program, is 25-year football coach Jerry Smith and his assistant for that entire time, John Scibetta.

“Jerry and John just have a great passion for the game and it kind of rubs off on everybody and it rubbed off on me,” Telesco said. “Everything I learned fundamentals wise in football that I use today is from John and Jerry.”
                    Smith’s first victory as a head coach in 1988 came with Brian’s older brother, Chris, at quarterback. Caldwell hired Chris Polian last month to serve as the Jaguars’ director of pro personnel.

Telesco played two years of varsity for Smith as a wide receiver, in 1989 and ’90.

“Tommy was a skinny little guy. If he was going to hit someone, we were more concerned about him getting hurt than anything else,” Smith said.

Growing up in Hamburg, basketball was Telesco’s first love. He was childhood teammates with Brian Polian, and that’s how he first came across Bill Polian, who was refereeing one of Telesco’s grammar school games.
                    Caldwell was on varsity in the ’90 and ’91 seasons. As a senior, he was joined by Brian Polian and Brian Daboll – currently an assistant coach with the New England Patriots – on a team that went 8-0-1 and won Smith his first league title.

The next year, the team went 8-1 to win another league championship. In the only loss of the season, 20-18 against Lackawanna, Daboll – who was one of the team captains along with Brian Polian – didn’t play because of a broken thumb suffered the week before.

“I still think to this day if we have him on defense in that game, they’re not completing what they did,” Smith said. “I don’t think there was anybody on the team that could match his intensity. He coaches that way now, too.”

Daboll went from St. Francis to the University of Rochester, where he played for two seasons. His big coaching break came when he was a graduate assistant under Nick Saban at Michigan State in 1998. He’s gone on to serve as the offensive coordinator for three teams – Cleveland, Miami and Kansas City – in the NFL.

“Jerry and John had a big impact on just about everything that I’ve done since I’ve left there,” Daboll said. “The way they handled you as young men, the discipline they taught you, not only were they very good football coaches, but they were really good mentors.”

The St. Francis connection to the NFL continues beyond those members of the graduating classes between 1989 and ’93.
                    Thin, but I would be very happy with Daboll as the HC hire.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Daboll quietly has a superb lineage, having coached under Bill Belichick and Nick Saban and worked with many levels of offenses. Allen was in the MVP conversation this year after a breakout start, and through 12 games he had completed 69.9 percent of his passes with 26 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Darnold will enter his fourth season in 2021, and the Jets need somebody in-house to decide whether he’s going to be worth a big-money extension—or if the team should use a top pick on a new potential franchise passer.

No matter which way that goes, Daboll is an ideal candidate to work with their top quarterback in 2021.

Losing Daboll is a fear many in western New York will have this upcoming offseason, but it’s the nature of the beast and Daboll, having helped turn Josh Allen into Buffalo’s quarterback of the future, could be a hot candidate in the coming weeks. In B/R’s decision making, the most intriguing part in their rationale for Daboll to the Jets surrounds just that.

What makes the Jets a desired landing spot for potential hires is that they will most likely have the No. 1 overall pick at the 2021 NFL Draft. Many peg Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence as the upcoming first-overall pick, but regardless if it’s him or someone else, that new hire will have the pick of the litter in terms of trying to turn the Jets’ fortunes around.

But there’s also a suggestion here that Daboll can potentially unlock something in their current quarterback, Sam Darnold. If the Jets went that route, it’d be quite the interesting storyline and likely tough test for Daboll.

Naturally, Bills fans won’t wish Daboll well if this is story plays out, though.
                      #BrianDaboll

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills...2dc03c5b5.html

Rumor-Mill: Word is, Telesco is safe.

I heard a another rumor that Telesco has a relationship with fellow St. Francis grad Brian Daboll.

Thin, but I would be very happy with Daboll as the HC hire.
                        Its amazing the connections for both Buffalo with Telesco, Caldwell, the Polians and Daboll as well as John Carroll College in Ohio.

I think from John Carroll its Caldwell, Telesco, Josh McDaniels and maybe one of the Polians as well

I just looked it up - its three hours from Buffalo to John Carroll so even though in Ohio - not that far from Buffalo.

As for Daboll -I think he would be solid

And if TElesco gets another hire - I think he needs to have a connection - since this would be his last hire (if Lynn is fired). Daboll has done a nice job with Allen so I can see him being able to incorporate things, working with his OC of course - to do the same for Herbert

But either way - whether its Lynn, Daboll, my guy Brian Kelly, if the GM is TElesco - he needs to nail the OL. He needs a solid A offseason building an OLine.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Does the theory of Eric Bieniemy not being respected as a head coach have any correlation with the fact that this isn't even Eric Bieniemy?

Comment

Working...
                          X