• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He might.....but what his guys thinking it could be a one and done for them?

I dont know, seems Rex would do anythng for Lynn the way he talks about him so if Lynn stays, ill again hope for the best but wont like the decision if Steichen stays.
    Don't get me wrong - I want Lynn to be replaced. I was just trying to make a best case scenario if Lynn stays and Bradley would probably need to go and what better DC than Rex Ryan since he is so close with Lynn. Maybe Lynn would promote Milus but I have a feeling he would go bigger -- Fangio would be excellent if let go but he is probably going to San Fran if Saleh leaves.

Again, I want Lynn gone. But if does stay, hiring Rex would give me some hope the defense would be different! The next hiring would be Special Teams and quite Steichen can go

So, if you need a new DC, OC and ST coach - that means you need a new HC as when Dan Quinn did this in Atlanta, it sure as hell didn't work.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

From Rap Sheet:

The #Texans interviewed former #Lions coach Jim Caldwell for their head coaching job.

He has been on my personal short list for weeks now - I like him as a coach. Thought very long odds to be the Chargers coach even if they fire Lynn.

Comment

• alex8080
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Why Robert Saleh? I've yet to read a single argument for the man. I'm not singling you out, brother.

Robert Saleh runs a 4-3 defense that has four #1 picks along the defensive line. I'm not against him, friend, just waiting for someone to make an argument in Saleh's favor.

P.S. I love Landon Dickinson. #RollTide
        looking for continuity for herbert by giving him pep. in that case get a def hc. saleh has improved each year and command respect. sometimes the players look uninspired going thru the motions. i miss the days of bobby ross. as for 1st rd picks. lac has 2 on the dl (one in rd 2) along with a 1st rd lb and 1st rd safety. why do they give up 28 pts a game, including to the jets

Comment

• JoeKatt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Daboll and Bieniemy - are up there for me too.

Not sure if he is available - but I am still calling Brian Kelly . My theory - he has taken Notre Dame as far as he can take them. Especially if Alabama waxes them by 30 like I think they will in 10 days. Clemson with Dabo, Alabama with Saban and probably a third team (Georgia, Ohio State or LSU) will probably always be better than Notre Dame. Granted, maybe he likes it at Notre Dame but make him Pete Carroll - Telesco can be his GM and roll!

I know this much - Kelly would probably prioritize the OL if his tenure at Notre Dame has shown anything.
          Please no Brian Kelly...every time I hear something about him he sounds more and more like a hypocrite and a self-serving propagandist. Sure, he has a history of recruiting good players, but tends to jump ship to a cushier job and leave his last team in the lurch, e.g. Cincy and CSU during their bowl games all the while trying to punish players who transfer out of Notre Dame Latest hypocrisy was publicly bashing Ohio State for only playing 6 games and then still voting them #4 behind his own team of course. If he came here at worst could see a Bobby Petrino or Lane Kiffin type situation and at best they do well and he jumps ship in a year or two since Spamos is not gonna pay him more than a guy at a taco stand...I just dont see the cost-benefit working out.

Good point on the OL though...he's not trustworthy but at least has some common sense

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post

looking for continuity for herbert by giving him pep. in that case get a def hc. saleh has improved each year and command respect. sometimes the players look uninspired going thru the motions. i miss the days of bobby ross. as for 1st rd picks. lac has 2 on the dl (one in rd 2) along with a 1st rd lb and 1st rd safety. why do they give up 28 pts a game, including to the jets
            I can't answer for Robert Saleh, his 4-3 front got beat by Buffalo this season. I favor a 3-4 front. I'm re-watching the 2017 National Championship game and I've noticed something: Both Coach Belichick and Coach Saban play a 3-4, as does Georgia.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

OC Arthur Smith/ Titans

Brilliant job with the Titans offense.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Tannehill has quietly turned into a very good QB.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

If the Chargers win Sunday, Lynn will keep his job. Convince me I'm wrong. (He will have six, maybe 7 wins, and that is more than last year, and will close out the last quarter of the season with at least a .750 win rate.)

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    If the Chargers win Sunday, Lynn will keep his job. Convince me I'm wrong. (He will have six, maybe 7 wins, and that is more than last year, and will close out the last quarter of the season with at least a .750 win rate.)
                    I can see that but the more I sit with this situation,
                    the more I think the decision to let him go has been made, just a matter of who.
                    mainly because Spanos is generally an insecure individual, so he wants to distance himself from the national laughing stock that Lynn has become
                    If Lynn if fired, I will have Troy Aikman and countless sports writers to thank.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I can see that but the more I sit with this situation,
                      the more I think the decision to let him go has been made, just a matter of who.
                      mainly because Spanos is generally an insecure individual, so he wants to distance himself from the national laughing stock that Lynn has become
                      If Lynn if fired, I will have Troy Aikman and countless sports writers to thank.
                      With the Steelers losing last night, its pretty much a foregone conclusion the Chiefs will be resting Mahomes, Mathieu, Kelce, Chris Jones, and every other really good player. So really that game to any person evaluating the Chargers shouild not be included unless its based on coaching decisions and not just W or L

I think a decision has been made already - one would think. The data is there to show what kind of coach Lynn is and will be in the future

I go back to the Falcons - started slow in 2019, finished fast, Quinn fired a bunch of guys, brought in new coaches - and it really didn't work out. Those wins were fools gold. I think these wins with Lynn are fools gold in the fact his coaching deficiencies are still there

As for coach: Caldwell, Daboll, Taub, Bieniemy, still want to interview a defensive guy - maybe Pagano

Comment

• Lyth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I can't answer for Robert Saleh, his 4-3 front got beat by Buffalo this season. I favor a 3-4 front. I'm re-watching the 2017 National Championship game and I've noticed something: Both Coach Belichick and Coach Saban play a 3-4, as does Georgia.
                        I don't think it's about alignment anymore. It's about being predictable. You're usually going to rush 4. The 3-4 sends a LB, and it can be any one of them. Lots of teams are successful with a 4-3 but they stunt and zone blitz. What makes BB so good is that you never have any idea what is coming out of the alignment you see. Same with PIT. I'm seeing the same out of KC now, which is what is making them really dangerous. Spag isn't as good as BB but he's able to confuse when he has to.

Gus wants players to line up and beat the guy across from them. Our zones are static and easy to beat. I don't care who comes in at DC as long as they understand vanilla doesn't work.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Tannehill has quietly turned into a very good QB.
                          Take Henry out of the equation and lets see.

Comment

Working...
                          X