• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Why the interview with Staley? They probably wanted to do their due diligence before deciding. Remember that they canceled their other interviews in 2013 after talking to McCoy. I suppose after talking to everyone, it made it easier to decide on Daboll.
    Edit: also helps to have a back up plan if Daboll decides he rather be OC for another year.
    Hope Daboll doesn't pull a McDaniels...

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hope Daboll doesn't pull a McDaniels...
      McDaniels actually agreed to be the Colts HC and had his staff ready before changing his mind at the last minute. There’s been no indication of anything official other than that Daboll is the favorite.

Comment

• Lyth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        So let's think this through.
        Daboll has already agreed to be our HC.
        He knows that to successful,
        he has to have the right staff.
        Don't we figure Daboll has talked to his guys ?
        It is hush-hush because of what Josh McDaniels did.
        Now Brian is back to gameplanning for KC.
        I think you have to come to the 1st interview with your staff ready. Seems like the second interview is the contract. The "don't let them leave the building" routine that we see all the time says that teams have made up their mind, or are very close to it. That's a little late to be talking staff.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

McDaniels actually agreed to be the Colts HC and had his staff ready before changing his mind at the last minute. There’s been no indication of anything official other than that Daboll is the favorite.
          I think I can count the number of coordinators that were offered a HC job and turned it down to stay a coordinator with one ... finger. Probably one or two others out there, but not up and comers. Its not even a remote concern to me. Coordinators want to be HCs. Not just for huge pay raise, These guys are competitive just like players. What player wants to be 2nd string?

There are only 32 of these jobs in the world. Only a handful open each year. You don’t turn one down.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Staley isn’t a bad pick up. He’s my #3 choice. But it’s an offensive league. We need someone to take Herbert and this offense to the next level.
            I dont really agree thats what we NEED.

Why cant they just get a good OC and QB coach? Everyone here seems to want to keep Pep....and rightly so, he did a good job as the QB coach with Herbert. And he would of done the same good job had we had a defensive HC.

Is the thought process here that Herbert will be ignored if we hire a defensive HC? You all do know McDermott is a defensive HC right? They just have to hire the right OC.....which he did and his OC is the guy many want here for our HC.

Why cant Staley do that?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Hey Ya, Stinky. Hope you are well, Jon.
              Health wise I'm groovy! 2021 has kicked my ass so far... It's all looking up from here now so that's good! Hope you are well!
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• jox g
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why cant they just get a good OC and QB coach? Everyone here seems to want to keep Pep....and rightly so, he did a good job as the QB coach with Herbert. And he would of done the same good job had we had a defensive HC.

Is the thought process here that Herbert will be ignored if we hire a defensive HC? You all do know McDermott is a defensive HC right? They just have to hire the right OC.....which he did and his OC is the guy many want here for our HC.

Why cant Staley do that?
                Other Defense minded HC's who won SB's
                Bill Parcells with his QB's
                Yoda Belicheck (6) with Brady
                It's possible

Staley with Herbert?

Like I've said, we can win SB's with Staley, Daboll, Garret (w/ Herbert)

Comment

• alex8080
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

i'm actually more interested in who the DC will be. they have so much individual talent and yet they seem to take too much plays off. sad
                  if dabol, then who at DC? who can get the best out of the players you have?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Eagles requested interviews with Bieniemy and Josh McDaniels. Its pretty certain that McDaniels won't be a Head Coach candidate for the Chargers

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post

Health wise I'm groovy! 2021 has kicked my ass so far... It's all looking up from here now so that's good! Hope you are well!
                      Good to hear Stinky. Hope 2021 is good to you.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post

I am, my friend. I have news, I am in Los Angeles. You will see me at a Charger game in 2021.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why cant Staley do that?
                          Staley can definitely do that. But it’s a Catch 22 if the OC has immediate success (which we want), which means the odds of him getting a promotion increases and he leaves. Then you have to find a way to replace him and hope to replicate the same success. The best recent example is the Falcons with Kyle Shanahan leaving.

Comment

Working...
                          X