• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltingUP
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    Correct. No low motor guys and nobody that doesn't really have the capacity to be a LT in the NFL. That might rule out AVT as well - though if you want a rock solid OG - AVT probably fits the bill.
    Marcus McNeil was a low motor guy with incredibly long arms. One of our best LT ever. LT needs to be a machine. The one trait that does not work for LT is short arms. Slater has 33 inch arms. Only one tackle in last years class had shorter arms. Unless you think he is Joe Thomas (one of the only LT to overcome short arms) he is a NFL Guard...a really good one!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post

Marcus McNeil was a low motor guy with incredibly long arms. One of our best LT ever. LT needs to be a machine. The one trait that does not work for LT is short arms. Slater has 33 inch arms. Only one tackle in last years class had shorter arms. Unless you think he is Joe Thomas (one of the only LT to overcome short arms) he is a NFL Guard...a really good one!
      Walker Little - moving on up...
      moving on up my draft boards

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

CD is a monster talent. Uber athletic, excellent footwork/COD agility, uprooting power, technically proficient with great fundamentals, solid football IQ, ideal size/length, wide deep base/anchor but his on-field work ethic is a huge concern.
        Is that aspect of his game coachable? That is the only real question. Other than that he is a top 15 prospect.
        That's why I asked, because other than that one concern, he looks really good from what I could tell. Trying to think what could be behind that... maybe his mind was already on the draft, and he's trying to minimize injury risk against lesser opponents? I forgot who, but someone had written about how it seemed like he played to his competition, like he played tougher when it was against higher rated opponents.

On the other hand, I guess some of these guys just get that JaMarcus Russell syndrome

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Maybe he's just like a really nice guy, and didn't want to hurt the lesser opponents' feelings?

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Longrobbdiego View Post
            Maybe he's just like a really nice guy, and didn't want to hurt the lesser opponents' feelings?
            We already have that in Pipkins. We need a nasty OL guy.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

That's why I asked, because other than that one concern, he looks really good from what I could tell. Trying to think what could be behind that... maybe his mind was already on the draft, and he's trying to minimize injury risk against lesser opponents? I forgot who, but someone had written about how it seemed like he played to his competition, like he played tougher when it was against higher rated opponents.

On the other hand, I guess some of these guys just get that JaMarcus Russell syndrome
              Watching all 3 years of his game tape, CD has the same reoccurring effort lapses.
              Effort/Motor is one of my 4 foundational metrics in my prospect rating system. Low motor = lack of success long term.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Watching all 3 years of his game tape, CD has the same reoccurring effort lapses.
                Effort/Motor is one of my 4 foundational metrics in my prospect rating system. Low motor = lack of success long term.
                What do you see from Walker Little? He is my guy of the week for OT

Comment

• BoltingUP
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Send PM

CD is a monster talent. Uber athletic, excellent footwork/COD agility, uprooting power, technically proficient with great fundamentals, solid football IQ, ideal size/length, wide deep base/anchor but his on-field work ethic is a huge concern.
                  Is that aspect of his game coachable? That is the only real question. Other than that he is a top 15 prospect.
                  I am tired of all these folks confusing a low-profile personality with lack of work ethic. During this time of the year all these draft pundits write the most contradictory things that have no basis in fact. They will say he has a high motor but lacks the aggression to hit the next level. The real way to see what a player is about is to go backwards and see what people were saying about them when they were being recruited. Here is what was said about Darrisaw in 2018:

"Darrisaw’s coaches through the years all describe him as a soft-spoken. He’s big-bodied offensive lineman with a strong work ethic that went through high school with little fanfare, but came out of nowhere to make ESPN’s mid-season freshman All-American team, a real bright spot amongst the Hokies’ struggles. Darrisaw is a diamond in the rough in an era where they have become increasingly rare to find on the recruiting trail."

This is Darrisaw. Soft-spoken with a great work ethic that has succeeded at the highest level wherever he goes. He is the Marcus McNeill type we have been missing. Forget all the names these draft-heads are spinning this time of the year. I want a soft-spoken, hard-working LT that just uses his kick-step and long arms to play after play keep my QB's blind side safe. Nothing fancy, just highly efficient.

Comment

• BoltingUP
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Send PM

He is a big throw of the dice. He has played in one game in the last two years. Do you take that kind of a chance on someone we want to count on being there for 10 years? He has the physical tools.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

#2 OT / #6 Overall prospect on my board.
                      Big, enough length, natural near elite movement skills, excellent punch power/timing/location, feet/hands work in effortless unison, tremendous grip strength, high end motor, and top tier football IQ.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• BoltingUP
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Send PM

#2 OT / #6 Overall prospect on my board.
                        Big, enough length, natural near elite movement skills, excellent punch power/timing/location, feet/hands work in effortless unison, tremendous grip strength, high end motor, and top tier football IQ.
                        The GM that take Little with a top 6 pick is looking for a job next year

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post

I am tired of all these folks confusing a low-profile personality with lack of work ethic. During this time of the year all these draft pundits write the most contradictory things that have no basis in fact. They will say he has a high motor but lacks the aggression to hit the next level. The real way to see what a player is about is to go backwards and see what people were saying about them when they were being recruited. Here is what was said about Darrisaw in 2018:

"Darrisaw’s coaches through the years all describe him as a soft-spoken. He’s big-bodied offensive lineman with a strong work ethic that went through high school with little fanfare, but came out of nowhere to make ESPN’s mid-season freshman All-American team, a real bright spot amongst the Hokies’ struggles. Darrisaw is a diamond in the rough in an era where they have become increasingly rare to find on the recruiting trail."

This is Darrisaw. Soft-spoken with a great work ethic that has succeeded at the highest level wherever he goes. He is the Marcus McNeill type we have been missing. Forget all the names these draft-heads are spinning this time of the year. I want a soft-spoken, hard-working LT that just uses his kick-step and long arms to play after play keep my QB's blind side safe. Nothing fancy, just highly efficient.
                          I didn't read one thing about Darrisaw personality or anything else, I watched his game tape and that told me of his low effort, low motor.
                          Scouting reports mention it too but don't seem to dock him for it unless they think otherwise he is a #1 pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X