• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I am of the opinion that nobody is a sure thing at the top of the draft and all the busts that have come over the years show that.

Projections sure but it doesn't always work and why a guy like Brady, Antonio Brown, Ekeler, Gates, etc.... are missed as top players. Nobody is always right.
    Probably the most rational and succinct post I've read all day. There's no need for vitriol around here.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

McNeill imo only had that spinal stenosis issue or he would of been a first round pick. McNeill didn't have Darrisaw problem.
      I felt McNeil slacked off his second season with us.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Isn't Darrisaw's pro day tommorrow? I guess we will see about this "work ethic"...I'll keep an open mind, but I have seen the tape myself. The "narrative" about Darrisaw is not wrong. Doesn't mean he can't be successful in the NFL...but it is a fair question mark to be recognized....which is why I personally put him with the rest of the second tier tackles...and why I think you don't pass on Blue chip prospects at 13, just so you can say you picked a first round LT. Surtain, Parsons, Pitts, Slater, Chase, Farley, Collins, Koramoah...you don't pass on these guys for a second tier tackle...these guys have star potential.

Look...we take Darrisaw at 13, I won't be exactly pissed...I'll just have to have faith that we feel comfortable putting him in that oline room with some savvy vets to rub off on him...but I honestly think, regardless of my liking of olineman like Little, AVT, and Slater, that TT won't be picking an olineman in the first round...not with the impact defenders and offensive skill players that will likely be there at 13...just doesn't fit his history. If Slater was there, but you had Parsons or one of the corners including Horn, or Koramoah, or Pitts, or Waddle...I think he would pass on the olineman for any one of those guys...and probably others too. Just my take on TT. But we'll see...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Isn't Darrisaw's pro day tommorrow? I guess we will see about this "work ethic"...I'll keep an open mind, but I have seen the tape myself. The "narrative" about Darrisaw is not wrong. Doesn't mean he can't be successful in the NFL...but it is a fair question mark to be recognized....which is why I personally put him with the rest of the second tier tackles...and why I think you don't pass on Blue chip prospects at 13, just so you can say you picked a first round LT. Surtain, Parsons, Pitts, Slater, Chase, Farley, Collins, Koramoah...you don't pass on these guys for a second tier tackle...these guys have star potential.

Look...we take Darrisaw at 13, I won't be exactly pissed...I'll just have to have faith that we feel comfortable putting him in that oline room with some savvy vets to rub off on him...but I honestly think, regardless of my liking of olineman like Little, AVT, and Slater, that TT won't be picking an olineman in the first round...not with the impact defenders and offensive skill players that will likely be there at 13...just doesn't fit his history. If Slater was there, but you had Parsons or one of the corners including Horn, or Koramoah, or Pitts, or Waddle...I think he would pass on the olineman for any one of those guys...and probably others too. Just my take on TT. But we'll see...
            I never get tired of reading the first few pages of the “Welcome Justin Herbert” thread. I’ll be honest, I didn’t really like his tape. Thought he balled out in the Senior Bowl and that changed my mind a bit.

Darrisaw could be similar (not saying it will be). Like Herbert, he has the athleticism, size and stature. We’ll see about his metrics tomorrow.

I have him rated higher than most, but will gladly eat crow if he flops—for us or any other team. Tape is the most important part of evaluating a prospect, but, for what ever reason, it doesn’t always paint an accurate picture of how a player translates into the pros.

Personally I think his flaws are fixable, but then again, none of us can interview him so the crystal ball is murky.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
              8.5m on his contract -- not sure how he would fit in a Staley system
              Chargers could always negotiate that number down as Linval is a FA after this season

But I think CB and OT are the next signings in free agency

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                I never get tired of reading the first few pages of the “Welcome Justin Herbert” thread. I’ll be honest, I didn’t really like his tape. Thought he balled out in the Senior Bowl and that changed my mind a bit.

Darrisaw could be similar (not saying it will be). Like Herbert, he has the athleticism, size and stature. We’ll see about his metrics tomorrow.

I have him rated higher than most, but will gladly eat crow if he flops—for us or any other team. Tape is the most important part of evaluating a prospect, but, for what ever reason, it doesn’t always paint an accurate picture of how a player translates into the pros.

Personally I think his flaws are fixable, but then again, none of us can interview him so the crystal ball is murky.
                I don't thibk he shows his low motor tomorrow lol. Maybe he will get a lot of questions about it though.

Fixable? I just don't know. Only he knows what's in his head.

Somebody needs to show him the tape of Metcalf running down Budda Baker on that INT. I believe they only got a FG out of that instead of the pic 6.

Hustle matters in the NFL and keeps you getting more money

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

I don't thibk he shows his low motor tomorrow lol. Maybe he will get a lot of questions about it though.

Fixable? I just don't know. Only he knows what's in his head.

Somebody needs to show him the tape of Metcalf running down Budda Baker on that INT. I believe they only got a FG out of that instead of the pic 6.

Hustle matters in the NFL and keeps you getting more money
                  You could be right, but as a teacher, it’s a pretty dire assumption to say an individual is incapable of learning and improving the way they go about their work. Darrisaw is what, 21-22 years old? He’s still moldable. Still got time to improve the mental aspects. And this brings us back to the “is he coachable” question. Maybe he just needs the right coach/teacher to inspire him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

You could be right, but as a teacher, it’s a pretty dire assumption to say an individual is incapable of learning and improving the way they go about their work. Darrisaw is what, 21-22 years old? He’s still moldable. Still got time to improve the mental aspects. And this brings us back to the “is he coachable” question. Maybe he just needs the right coach/teacher to inspire him.
                    That's why I said only he knows what's in his head. I sure don't. Interviews will be key.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

What just happened with Isaiah Wilson may cause some teams hesitation if they don’t get a clear cut feeling of ‘this dude loves football’. Obviously two different guys entirely but the recency effect gets all of us.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Jarran Reed of SEA will be on the market soon. He would be an excellent 2Gap 4i for us, working with Linval.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I felt McNeil slacked off his second season with us.
                          I thought he played well his second year. I had an occasion to go out to dinner with him and I can tell you his back was bothering him. He was hurting just for sitting in a chair. I still can't believe he could play for even one game with a back like that - and he did play the very next day. Everyone knew about his back problem and that's the reason he wasn't a first round pick. The Bolts rolled the dice but all they got was two seasons out of him.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X