• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

I think Klatt also gave Justin Herbert a 2nd round grade. His opinion has proven more wrong than McShay and Kiper. However, I personally don't think CD should have a first round grade and I agree with him on this. For that reason, he looks like the perfect Charger and he will wash out like Fluker and others have.

I think the Chargers have backed themselves into a corner a bit, and so they will be drafting for need rather than BPA. Now, afterwards Telesco will say "the were following the board" but this is also the same GM who has consistently failed to draft NFL starters in the last 7 drafts, exemplified by Teo, Chris Watt, Ryan Carrethers, Marion Grice, Craig Mager, Trey Pipkins, Kyle Emanuel, Max Tuerk, Joshua Perry, Donovan Clark. Drafting OL has been absolutely dreadful under Telesco. Therefore, I expect Telesco to continue what he has done: over draft and draft based on character rather than talent.
    Well c'mon now,..... Emamuel was a 5th round pick who did start eventually and played a lot. Donovan a 7th. Grice a 6th?.. I didn't like him at all btw.....Carrethers a 4th or 5th.

But my point is there is No GM who hits on all his picks and even fewer who are drafted late that end up starters. To expect starters from late rounders is you're unrealistic high expectations. They project the best they can.

You want to bag on the higher picks then ok, bag away. But those are no guarantee either. But have higher probability.

Comment

• cmplxgal
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • New Jersey
      • Send PM

One thing I wonder about is that it seems like several safeties have signed for mid-tier money without the Chargers being involved. Maybe they were strong rather than free safety types, or didn't fit Staley's scheme for some reason. But there seem to have been several signings in the $5M range that the Chargers could have competed for. Perhaps they are prioritizing LT and CB for the time being.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Another solid addition. Great clipboard guy who can mop up a game or two if Herbie gets knicked up. Not a bad deal at all...
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
            Meh... But cheap to cut if Stick has improved.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
              Should be good in the scout team. Gave us a hard time running around when we played a meaningless game against KC a couple of years ago.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                One thing I wonder about is that it seems like several safeties have signed for mid-tier money without the Chargers being involved. Maybe they were strong rather than free safety types, or didn't fit Staley's scheme for some reason. But there seem to have been several signings in the $5M range that the Chargers could have competed for. Perhaps they are prioritizing LT and CB for the time being.
                I know everyone is disenchanted after his single season as a starter but we do have Adderley still. I think not playing single high will benefit him as much as the year of experience.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well c'mon now,..... Emamuel was a 5th round pick who did start eventually and played a lot. Donovan a 7th. Grice a 6th?.. I didn't like him at all btw.....Carrethers a 4th or 5th.

But my point is there is No GM who hits on all his picks and even fewer who are drafted late that end up starters. To expect starters from late rounders is you're unrealistic high expectations. They project the best they can.

You want to bag on the higher picks then ok, bag away. But those are no guarantee either. But have higher probability.
                  Yeah bag on the first three rounds. Any potential starters after that is a bonus, not a negative IMO.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I know everyone is disenchanted after his single season as a starter but we do have Adderley still. I think not playing single high will benefit him as much as the year of experience.
                    One more FS wouldn’t hurt since three safeties seem to be utilized by Staley. But it could be a draft pick.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I’m not down on Adderley. He’s got upside he’ll show this year. Not playing for Gus will be an immediate improvement.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

I like to think Adderley/White/Gilman can handle the other side opposite Derwin. Build the DL and LBs

Comment

• eaterfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          Yeah bag on the first three rounds. Any potential starters after that is a bonus, not a negative IMO.
                          I think in general that's true, but when you have been in a place for 8 years statistically you should be hitting on a couple of starters and some real contributors from rounds 4-7. We're looking at roughly 32 picks. It's not fair to rag on any single one, but as a group there should be some players.

Although I don't think it's fair to say he hasn't gotten anything. King was a pretty decent contributor and Jackson has been solid for a 7th rounder. Rochell was a good contributor for a 7th rounder.

Comment

Working...
                          X