• Sgt Schultz
    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
    • Jun 2013
    • Palm Springs
    • I know nothing
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
    can you please list a few things?
    It only costs $1 a month to subscribe. I want to see them survive so I won't post their material. Sorry.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz View Post
      It only costs $1 a month to subscribe. I want to see them survive so I won't post their material. Sorry.
      ok.... thanks

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Art Animation GIF by grantkoltoons
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz View Post
          Dead beat trophy husband has to draw a line.

don’t ask for any streaming links Sarge

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

I know Staley's approach is to stay constantly upbeat, but is he overdoing it? I was struck by this quote in the Monday morning paper from new Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni, after Hurts threw three interceptions in their game against the Giants on Sunday:

Professor Nick gave his star pupil the harshest possible grade.

“It’s never going to be an A, B, C, or D if you turn it over three times,” head coach Nick Sirianni said.

(This is from a paywall-protected article: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phil...-20211129.html)

Now, Staley would never say anything like that, about a player or a coach. But should he be at least a little critical sometimes, instead of always blaming process instead of players, or taking the blame upon himself?

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
              I know Staley's approach is to stay constantly upbeat, but is he overdoing it? I was struck by this quote in the Monday morning paper from new Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni, after Hurts threw three interceptions in their game against the Giants on Sunday:

(This is from a paywall-protected article: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phil...-20211129.html)

Now, Staley would never say anything like that, about a player or a coach. But should he be at least a little critical sometimes, instead of always blaming process instead of players, or taking the blame upon himself?
              Bart Starr told the best story on how he told Vince Lombardi, in private, how to handle his QB.

Early on, Lombardi savaged Starr relentlessly in practice.

After one such blowup, Starr asked for a moment in Lombardi's office.

“I told him very respectfully that he can chew me out anytime, but it’s going to be very hard for me to lead these guys if you keeping tearing me up in front of everybody and apologizing in private,’’ Starr remembered.

Lombardi saw the sense in that and let up.

“I think it helped establish our relationship for the years after that,’’ Starr said.
              Bart has told this story many times, but it boils down to 'chide your QB in private'.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

How do you know Staley would never say anything like that? Staley when asked will give his opinion of a play that went bad and usually say something like the player took the wrong angle and missed the play, he gives a matter of fact answer, as HC. Really have to look at the team and the NFL and where we are really at right now. #1 everything now is week to week. A team loses and it's all doom and gloom. The next week the same team wins and everyone thinks they look superbowl bound etc. Very strange year post and during Covid. The PO's this year could be insane, I'm pulling for either The Chargers V Tampa, Chargers V Rams, or Chargers V Cowboys SUPERBOWL!

The really great coaches know Yes its about relationships etc, however really it isn't about having a great best buddy's relationship, if you look deeper it is about having a good working relationship where that entails working TOGETHER in HARMONY and willing to give 100 percent together and willing to do that for each other . etc. etc. etc. I think this is what Coach Staley is really trying to establish as opposed to make a bad play and I'm going to call you out to the media and fans. I know we get angry as fans when players make these sort of mistakes but calling them out will not make them better or help in future plays, to me anyway.

AS LONG AS WE ARE IN THE PO HUNT like we are now..... Good enough. Just keep getting better and working on what is costing us to lose these games. We have to judge this coaching staff on IF we make the PO's or If we don't. Period.

I will say this if Staley was just our DC we would have the #1 D in the League however he is not, we have an actual DC. This individual has to take actual some of the blame because his D doesn't look
                fast, tough, and hard hitting when they are at their worst and cant seem to stop the run or big play when they get beat by lesser teams. We are also putting a lot on Herbert's shoulders meaning if he doesn't have a high completion game coupled with our RB's are being stuffed we lose.

The good news is all this is fixable and we already know if we are playing at our best, together, and our star players are on their games we usually win impressively. JUST MAKE THE PLAYOFFS or bust. We'll see how this unfolds. Beating the bengals would be a perfect start. Have a nice day everyone.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

It does seem he won't say that to the public but I trust he does criticize players in meetings and during practice. When they watch film I'm sure he points out everything that any player has done wrong.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It does seem he won't say that to the public but I trust he does criticize players in meetings and during practice. When they watch film I'm sure he points out everything that any player has done wrong.
                    I like this approach instead of throwing your QB under the bus like the Lion’s HC.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Chargers rank 4th in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency at 45.7%.

With a league-leading 22 dropped passes, there is room for improvement.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Chargers rank 4th in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency at 45.7%.

With a league-leading 22 dropped passes, there is room for improvement.
                        Regarding the dropped passes - I wonder if gloves would help that? I also wonder if it's because of the strong arm of Herbert? Maybe the ball just gets on them too fast?
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

26.6 points per game: The Chargers' defense allowed this through 16 games last season, and it is also what the Chargers' defense is giving per game through 11 games this season. Last season it was 23rd in the league. This season it's currently 29th. Gus Bradley's Raiders D is giving up 26.8 pts per game, good for 30th. Right now the Patriots lead the league, averaging 15.8. The Broncos are third, averaging 17.8. The Bengals are 6th, averaging 20.5.

It has been noted here that the Chargers defense is not in any way innovative or cutting edge, which Chargers fans had expected from Brandon Staley. I'm not complaining, just making an observation. But it is a bit surprising that a defense with Derwin James and Joey Bosa on the field and Staley devising schemes is pedestrian, far below average.

BTW, a positive development about the D this season is that Derwin James has played every game, almost every snap, and has avoided injury. (Please don't let me jinx it.)

Comment

Working...
                          X