• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Let’s play some football.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      My question is this: which player is more likely to get poached off waivers, Pipkins or T Billy?

With 5 WRs, if one goes down, we’re gonna wish we still had Johnson. Several players would have to go down before Pip sees action (I hope).

And, with his most recent tape, would any team claim Pip off waivers?

All I’m saying is that we coulda stashed Pipkins on the PS instead. He’d still be there if we needed him.
      I agree. On the face of it it doesn't make much sense to keep Pippy on the 53. However, when you go a little deeper maybe it does begin to make some sense. Meaning it could be that Staley and Telesco are convinced that Pippy's real issues are psychological in nature and not physical at all. Therefore, they won't further risk damaging his psych-ee by cutting him. Even though from what we've all seen this preseason that might be the more prudent thing to do (and later putting him on the PS).

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Or Bong :rasta:
        ‘This name speaks to me for some reason.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• TTThunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Who’s gonna sign Johnson to their 53?
          Lions, after recommendation from Lynn?

Teams in our division?

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
            San Diego Native
            • Feb 2019
            • Farmington, NM
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
            Someone said their spell checker replaced "Ogbongbemiga" with "Oh Bong Emoji". 'Bong' works. It's short and easy to type. But 'Oh Bong Emoji' is downright hilarious.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I agree. On the face of it it doesn't make much sense to keep Pippy on the 53. However, when you go a little deeper maybe it does begin to make some sense. Meaning it could be that Staley and Telesco are convinced that Pippy's real issues are psychological in nature and not physical at all. Therefore, they won't further risk damaging his psych-ee by cutting him. Even though from what we've all seen this preseason that might be the more prudent thing to do (and later putting him on the PS).
              I actually think it's a case of they're going to break him down and rebuild his technique. The assistant line coach from Pittsburgh has a pretty damn good track record. Pups was extremely raw and lacking functional strength coming out, the constant flipping of sides, annual coaching changes combined with covid offseason have stunted his growth. They are not ready to throw in the towel ...but they're reaching for it.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Give me a minute. I think I might have the answer for you.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Let’s play some football.
                  I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready...

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                    My question is this: which player is more likely to get poached off waivers, Pipkins or T Billy?

With 5 WRs, if one goes down, we’re gonna wish we still had Johnson. Several players would have to go down before Pip sees action (I hope).

And, with his most recent tape, would any team claim Pip off waivers?

All I’m saying is that we coulda stashed Pipkins on the PS instead. He’d still be there if we needed him.
                    And what if it's Guyton that goes down? JH loses his deep threat and the opposing D has a much smaller field to cover.
                    Gotta have that speed element, not only for the home run threat but to keep the D honest.
                    If Johnson isn't brought back, we need to bring in someone who CAN go deep. If that someone is out there, go get him, season starts in 5 days.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I actually think it's a case of they're going to break him down and rebuild his technique. The assistant line coach from Pittsburgh has a pretty damn good track record. Pups was extremely raw and lacking functional strength coming out, the constant flipping of sides, annual coaching changes combined with covid offseason have stunted his growth. They are not ready to throw in the towel ...but they're reaching for it.
                      I hope so, Panama. And I root for Sarrett. He played college ball with one of my employees and comes from very humble beginnings. But the reality is that his work in Pittsburgh had mixed results. Most of the Steeler OL success happened when Munchak was the OL coach and Shaun was his assistant. Shaun learned under Mike and the Steelers thought he would work out well when Munchak left (I think for Denver, unfortunately for Charger fans) so they promoted him from assistant OL to the OL coach. But Sarrett struggled a bit and so did the line. There were other factors, to be sure...age, injuries, etc. But Steelers let him go pretty quick and he took a demotion to come to the Chargers. Hoping he and Smith can develop our players but Sarrett is not a slam dunk.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

For beach.
                        For The Trenchers of TPB.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

What must be understood is how precise Staley is. He has specific reasons for everything he does. Merrill over Broughton, Fehoko gives us a certain personnel grouping up front that we wouldn't have otherwise.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X