• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

This got me thinking so I looked it up. In college, I saw him lined up on the left side against RT. I’m guessing they will move him around to create a disadvantage
    This is a very real possibility.
    Moving to probability.
    What should Staley's adjustment be?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

TT? You mean TP (Trey Pipkins?) Technically on the depth chart yes, but the 1st option they will put in is Swing Tackle Storm Norton. Trey is last line of defense.
      No, I mean TT--Telesco's backup plan...he did well to draft Slater, but with Bulaga's past injury woes, should have had a better backup plan than HOPING Pip would finally, magically, after all these years, turn into a solid backup...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

This got me thinking so I looked it up. In college, I saw him lined up on the left side against RT. I’m guessing they will move him around to create a disadvantage
        Bolts will probably go a lot of 22 personnel and have the TE chip or help block Young...with 4 TE's on the roster, I think Staley already has big plans to go with a TE-heavy O...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Moving to probability.
          I don’t think it matters much which WFT DE is on which side. Montez Sweat is a beast too. If there’s a weak link in our line they’ll exploit it. If Norton’s playing RT then I think we can forget about running off tackle on that side, as Storm’s best quality is not run blocking. Look for screens and quick outs to the right.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Bolts will probably go a lot of 22 personnel and have the TE chip or help block Young...with 4 TE's on the roster, I think Staley already has big plans to go with a TE-heavy O...
            Hopefully we won’t see Pips and Norton at the same time. Otherwise Staley will need two TEs to chip and we’ll be left with less receivers.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No, I mean TT--Telesco's backup plan...he did well to draft Slater, but with Bulaga's past injury woes, should have had a better backup plan than HOPING Pip would finally, magically, after all these years, turn into a solid backup...
              That Telesco FINALLY-- after years of neglect-- addressed the O-line in the offseason with Linsley, Slater, Oboushi and Feiler, plus drafting Jaimes, I'm not inclined to accuse Telesco of Not Doing Enough for the O-line. It still needs more, sure... But maybe the only other realistic option would've been to spend the 2nd round pick on the best OT prospect on the board, instead of Asante Samuel, Jr.

Based off everything we know of Samuel, Jr. so far... I'm glad the Bolts have him. He'll be an instant starter, whereas an OT drafted at the spot would at best be an off-the-bench backup plan. Not unimportant... just not the same value and priority as a starting CB.

Not absolutely everything gets fixed in ONE offseason.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Moving to probability.
                Get the ball out quickly.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Against WFT the primary match up is Ekler vs. the LBs (particularly Jamin Davis) in the short passing game.

Jamin is a super player with a bright future. His game reminds me a lot of K-9. He will excel in the run game running sideline to sideline.

But like K-9, he will struggle in coverage, especially against a precise route running RB like Ekeler. With WFT’s front four grinding, we’ll need a lot of screens, dump offs, and quick routes, and that’s Ekeler’s game.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                    Not absolutely everything gets fixed in ONE offseason.
                    I think this is why Popper predicts a 9-8 record this season but Super Bowl contention next season for the Chargers. I think he thinks the Chargers need one more year to build up the reserves.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        Against WFT the primary match up is Ekler vs. the LBs (particularly Jamin Davis) in the short passing game.

Jamin is a super player with a bright future. His game reminds me a lot of K-9. He will excel in the run game running sideline to sideline.

But like K-9, he will struggle in coverage, especially against a precise route running RB like Ekeler. With WFT’s front four grinding, we’ll need a lot of screens, dump offs, and quick routes, and that’s Ekeler’s game.
                        Ekeler will eat Jamin’s lunch.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I think this is why Popper predicts a 9-8 record this season but Super Bowl contention next season for the Chargers. I think he thinks the Chargers need one more year to build up the reserves.
                          I don’t think it’s possible to ever build up the reserves. It almost seems impossible to keep the front lines built up, especially around here.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X