• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That's what i was thinking Topcat.
    Going up against a defense that disguises things well gives Herbert too many things to think about at this point.
    Yep...I'm especially thinking of that pick-6 to Phillips that Herbie threw. Cook was breaking left (below) when apparently Herbie thought he would break right, in which case Cook probably makes the catch. I'm guessing Lombo's offense is calling for the receiver to change his route based on the coverage he sees. Maybe some of our resident experts like Steve can explain this. Maybe it's a learning curve here. But the problem is, when Herbie is getting pressured as much as he is, especially from the right side, it adds an extra layer of complexity for BOTH QB and receiver to make the same read, on the fly, while the pressure is on. How about everyone just runs their regular pattern and Herbie throws the rock, KNOWING they should be where he throws it...instead of this reading and guessing game that results in game-changing picks...

phillips pick 6.JPG

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Fernando Ramirez

@RealFRamirez
      #Chargers coach Brandon Staley says about the right side of the offensive line “we are sticking with those two guys and I believe in those guys.”

Which means help is not coming; we are stuck with these guys
      Captain Staley of the Boltanic sends out the call, "help is not coming from any nearby ship...everyone into the lifeboats!"

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...I'm especially thinking of that pick-6 to Phillips that Herbie threw. Cook was breaking left (below) when apparently Herbie thought he would break right, in which case Cook probably makes the catch. I'm guessing Lombo's offense is calling for the receiver to change his route based on the coverage he sees. Maybe some of our resident experts like Steve can explain this. Maybe it's a learning curve here. But the problem is, when Herbie is getting pressured as much as he is, especially from the right side, it adds an extra layer of complexity for BOTH QB and receiver to make the same read, on the fly, while the pressure is on. How about everyone just runs their regular pattern and Herbie throws the rock, KNOWING they should be where he throws it...instead of this reading and guessing game that results in game-changing picks...

phillips pick 6.JPG
        We we're still in this game until the pick in the fourth quarter. After that the wheels flew off the bus! Given that we have problems on the oline I agree simplifying things is in order for at least giving us a solid chance at winning.

:wtf:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It probably means Telesco isnt willing to part with precious late picks
          So, if we miss the playoffs we need a Fire Telesco thread.
          Yep...and an additional thread: "Is it time to fire Lombo?"

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Something I've been wondering: Does Staley have too much confidence in his ability to develop players? Or is he just being supportive? (thinking Vizcaino/Schofield/Norton).
            I think you express confidence in public and take care of things privately. Criticism and all. Being too negative publicly will only have a demoralizing affect on the team and the player. You do not want to be the HC that throws his player under the bus.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Captain Staley of the Boltanic sends out the call, "help is not coming from any nearby ship...everyone into the lifeboats!"
              More like “everybody return to your room.”
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

More like “everybody return to your room.”
                Or, TT: "We don't need any help...FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!"

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Yep...and an additional thread: "Is it time to fire Lombo?"
                  Not ready to do that. Grudens offense is very complex and takes a while as Carr had to endure it but he is playing great in it now. Did so last year too. I have no idea how complex Lombardis offense is but cant imagine it is as complex as Grudens.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

AFC is soooooo wide open. I’m not even counting the Dolphins out yet lol.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      AFC is soooooo wide open. I’m not even counting the Dolphins out yet lol.
                      I got greedy and thought we could contend for the #1 seed. But I’ll take winning the division.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I got greedy and thought we could contend for the #1 seed. But I’ll take winning the division.
                        We’re basically a game behind everyone but the Titans, with the easiest remaining schedule and the Titans with no Henry. Wiiiiide open.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

We’re basically a game behind everyone but the Titans, with the easiest remaining schedule and the Titans with no Henry. Wiiiiide open.
                          We just need to win the games we should be winning. Or one game at a time as Marty used to say.

Comment

Working...
                          X