Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    We are now 9th in the playoff standings, pending the outcome of the rest of the games. I am still in disbelief that we got blown out by Houston.

The 10-5 Titans lost to Houston at home. Houston fans were in disbelief too.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The 10-5 Titans lost to Houston at home. Houston fans were in disbelief too.
      The main difference here though is Titans 10-5 Chargers 8-7.. And this loss is late in the season.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

To be honest, Herbert sucked today too. That first interception was a mortal blow.

Besides the kicker….it was a complete team failure.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
          To be honest, Herbert sucked today too. That first interception was a mortal blow.

Besides the kicker….it was a complete team failure.
          I don’t think he sucked, but he did have 3 bad passes, two of which were intercepted.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Looking like Burrows is the best qb in that draft class.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              If you said, it looks like Burrows has the most talent around him from the draft class I'd agree with it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I think both QBs need to be judged on their total body of work

Burrows had 525 yards this week; Herbert didn't have his best day. Some impressive talent on the Bengals: Burrow, Chase, Mixon, the other WR, Tyler Boyd. They might also have Tee Higgins. Used Free agency nicely this past offseason (are you looking Chargers -- draft well, spend well )

And I know you are not saying this about Herbert in a negative way -- as saying Burrows is the best QB in his draft class is not a slight on Justin Herbert either.

I am good with Herbert and he is the least of the Chargers issues

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                  And I know you are not saying this about Herbert in a negative way -- as saying Burrows is the best QB in his draft class is not a slight on Justin Herbert either.
                  If you read his game day posts, I'm not sure they match this sentiment.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think both QBs need to be judged on their total body of work

Burrows had 525 yards this week; Herbert didn't have his best day. Some impressive talent on the Bengals: Burrow, Chase, Mixon, the other WR, Tyler Boyd. They might also have Tee Higgins. Used Free agency nicely this past offseason (are you looking Chargers -- draft well, spend well )

I am good with Herbert and he is the least of the Chargers issues
                    Funny thing is everybody was saying the Bengals were going to and desperately needed to take Penei Sewell in the draft to protect Burrow. They went the other way and got him a big time weapon in Chase. That move has paid off handsomely

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Funny thing is everybody was saying the Bengals were going to and desperately needed to take Penei Sewell in the draft to protect Burrow. They went the other way and got him a big time weapon in Chase. That move has paid off handsomely
                      It has. Burrows has a ton of explosive talent at the skill positions around him.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If you read his game day posts, I'm not sure they match this sentiment.
                        Somebody posted Kurt Warner’s YouTube analysis of Herbert after the KC game. It’s worth a watch

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Somebody posted Kurt Warner’s YouTube analysis of Herbert after the KC game. It’s worth a watch
                          I did watch it. Now have him break down any QB in the league and you'll see a ton of the same critiques. No QB ever plays a perfect game, throws ever pass with perfect mechanics, and sees every open receiver. Herbert is the only reason we have won 8 games - I shudder to think where we'd be without him.

Comment

Working...
                          X