• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So u are assuming the Bolts sweep our last two games, vs. the Donks and Raiders, both teams far superior to the lowly Texans. That's quite an assumption. Hope I'm wrong, but Bolts looked pathetic today...especially our D...wouldn't be surprised if we end up 8-9...
    Division games are competitive, so nothing would surprise me. I'm not a 'tank for draft and schedule' ever, even if were for the #1 pick.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Division games are competitive, so nothing would surprise me. I'm not a 'tank for draft and schedule' ever, even if were for the #1 pick.
      The problem is that we are once again a team on the fringe of the playoffs, not close to being a serious contender and not bad enough to be able to draft an impact player.

Comment

• SK21209
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2020
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

After spending the last hour messing around with 538's NFL predictions, I think we want the Raiders to win today. If the Broncos lose today, they've got a less than .1% chance to make the playoffs so maybe they'd fold next week if we could get a lead. Even if the Raiders win today, if they lose next week @Colts they could be eliminated by the time we play them in Week 18.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Put our fellow Wild Card adversaries and their remaining
          games under a microscope.

10-7 should get us in.
          ​​​​​
          Gotta coach, play and avoid COVID better.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The problem is that we are once again a team on the fringe of the playoffs, not close to being a serious contender and not bad enough to be able to draft an impact player.
            You think there aren't impact players available in the latter half of the first round?

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

You think there aren't impact players available in the latter half of the first round?
              There are impact players from every round, but they are much less of a sure thing (not that every draft pick isn't a gamble).

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

We are now 9th in the playoff standings, pending the outcome of the rest of the games. I am still in disbelief that we got blown out by Houston.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                  After spending the last hour messing around with 538's NFL predictions, I think we want the Raiders to win today. If the Broncos lose today, they've got a less than .1% chance to make the playoffs so maybe they'd fold next week if we could get a lead. Even if the Raiders win today, if they lose next week @Colts they could be eliminated by the time we play them in Week 18.
                  I am not sure it actually matters because if the Chargers beat both the Broncos and Raiders - the best they can be is 9-8; Chargers will be 10-7

Steelers losing today helps the Chargers
                  Dolphins losing tomorrow or against the Titans, helps the Chargers
                  the rest of the AFCN - Ravens and Bengals losing next week - helps

but only if the Chargers BEAT the Broncos and Raiders

Comment

• SBbound
                    Casual fanatic
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Merced/San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Hope I don't sound too much like a smartass, but I'd consider Derwin James an impact player.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                      I am as big of a fan as anyone, but I just don't see this team sweeping the Raiders and Broncos. We could easily end the year on a 4 game losing streak.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Hope I don't sound too much like a smartass, but I'd consider Derwin James an impact player.
                        He is - when he is actually on the field. The problem is you can't count on him to be on the field. The rumors that he fell as far as he did because of injury concerns appear very true.

Comment

• SK21209
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2020
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not sure it actually matters because if the Chargers beat both the Broncos and Raiders - the best they can be is 9-8; Chargers will be 10-7

Steelers losing today helps the Chargers
                          Dolphins losing tomorrow or against the Titans, helps the Chargers
                          the rest of the AFCN - Ravens and Bengals losing next week - helps

You're right, I was just thinking of it from the perspective of their mindset when they play the Chargers. It would be ideal if they both knew at kickoff they had not shot win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                          X