Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Andre Roberts now leads the league in kickoff return yards.

800D0823-6A9B-44F1-8F0D-F937816982EE.jpeg
    Yesterday in the locker room after the game, Staley called him the "greatest mid-season acquisition ever," or words to that effect. The camera panned to Roberts, who was kind of embarrassed. It reminded me of Herbert, someone who quietly goes about doing their job at a high level but is kind of shy in the limelight.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

What the folks down on the GM do not consider is that do to character flaws allot of GMs have a list of maybe 30 draftable players each year. I was listening to an interview last year on Siri's with a talent scout who said the Patriots some years had less than 15 players they considered draftable.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

What a surprise!!
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Nyboltfan View Post
          I don’t like the odds of beating the Raiders in their house. Especially since they are a better team since last they met.
          I think they have more fans in LA so I don't think it matters much where the game is played - they simply have more fans than the Chargers do. They loaded up the stands with ugly fans in the first game and were out-classed. We need to do the same thing to them again. Send the raider fans home feeling low. Never lose to the raiders, never!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Nyboltfan View Post
            I don’t like the odds of beating the Raiders in their house. Especially since they are a better team since last they met.
            One good thing about playing at StubHub and SoFi, the Charger fans were almost always outnumbered. I think the team has acclimated to this fan disparity and it has little effect on the outcome of their game. I'm sure they would rather play to a full house of their own fans, but realize this is not going to happen soon. I'm happier with a team that doesn't require a home field and crowd to play it's best. It sure gives you an edge as a Wildcard team, and I look forward to 50,000+ Raider fans slouching towards the exits after the loss.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Now that's a season.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

13. Los Angeles Chargers (9-7)

It’s pretty simple for the Chargers: Beat the Raiders on Sunday night, and they’re in. Lose, and they’re out.

They have a couple things going for them. One, Justin Herbert is capable of putting the team on his back. He’s been incredible this year and ranks fourth in EPA per pass play. The Chargers’ offense ranks third in EPA per drive, behind only the Packers and the Chiefs. They are fifth in success rate. That type of offensive efficiency makes the Chargers legitimately dangerous.

The other positive is they’re getting healthy on defense at the right time. As The Athletic’s Daniel Popper outlined, they had their full first-team secondary on the field last week for just the third time all season.

This is a flawed team. They’ve had offensive line issues, and their defense ranks 28th in EPA per drive and 31st in success rate. And it doesn’t help that getting in could mean going to Kansas City in the first round. The truth is they’re probably a year away from being a real contender. But if you’re a Chargers fan, you know you have Herbert on your side, and that’s always going to give you a chance.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Love that we’re being devalued.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Umm, every team still fighting for a playoff spot is a "flawed team." Hell even some playoff teams might be flawed. But the article is correct about Herbert, the defense getting healthy and an offseason away.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Umm, every team still fighting for a playoff spot is a "flawed team." Hell even some playoff teams might be flawed. But the article is correct about Herbert, the defense getting healthy and an offseason away.
                      Yeah, I concur and I rolled my eyes a bit where he says the Chargers are still a flawed team. Every team in the NFL is flawed. Every team in the playoffs is flawed. There are no unflawed, perfect teams in the NFL, not since the salary cap and focus on parity. The precedent is already set for a team that barely makes the post-season to get hot and win the SB. The 2010 Packers for example. The 2012 Ravens snuck in the post-season, but virtue of the refs giving Ray Rice 29 yards when he really only got 27.5 yards. If the Chargers get in, with Justin Herbert and a relatively healthy roster, there is no telling how far the Chargers can go.

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, I concur and I rolled my eyes a bit where he says the Chargers are still a flawed team. Every team in the NFL is flawed. Every team in the playoffs is flawed. There are no unflawed, perfect teams in the NFL, not since the salary cap and focus on parity. The precedent is already set for a team that barely makes the post-season to get hot and win the SB. The 2010 Packers for example. The 2012 Ravens snuck in the post-season, but virtue of the refs giving Ray Rice 29 yards when he really only got 27.5 yards. If the Chargers get in, with Justin Herbert and a relatively healthy roster, there is no telling how far the Chargers can go.
                        Yup, there definitely is no dominant team this year in particular. I think the Buccs, Chiefs and Packers of last year are better than any team this year. The #1 seed in the AFC lost to the Jets and the Texans.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Love that we’re being devalued.
                          Probably because we’re not officially in the playoffs yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X