• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Simply figure out how much salaries increased from 2015 to 2020 and do the math with Bulaga's ratings and total games played.
    Year 1 was a disaster, maybe just maybe he will stay healthy year 2 but none of us are holding our breath.

Telesco gets and A for drafting Herbie, all other roster moves from last year combined earns him an F. Keeping the coaching staff earns him an F-

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Not sure if your point is that players just don’t want to play for LAC, no matter the money, its just that bad? Even with their beloved ex-coach their, they just can’t. They would rather be poor than LAC?

Asking for a friend ...
      Nope, im saying we missed out on him just like i said twice before.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I think the most likely DW trade is between HOU and NYJ. If that happens HOU will be picking #2–most likely a QB or WR. Probably not Sewell since they already have Tunsil. If the trade doesn’t happen, the Jets picking Sewell seems like a possibility (word is they’d move Becton to RT).

Then CIN would pick Slater and we’re left with Darrisaw. Not the worst thing, but I think we’d all prefer Slater.
        That makes Tyrod their starter with another rookie learning. Hope he dont get a rib injury again.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I think the most likely DW trade is between HOU and NYJ. If that happens HOU will be picking #2–most likely a QB or WR. Probably not Sewell since they already have Tunsil. If the trade doesn’t happen, the Jets picking Sewell seems like a possibility (word is they’d move Becton to RT).

Then CIN would pick Slater and we’re left with Darrisaw. Not the worst thing, but I think we’d all prefer Slater.
          There is still Little and i wouldnt rule out Cosmi. Not at #13 but a trade down would be nice. Cosmi just needs some coaching. There is a lot to like.

Everybody i read on Brown and Jenkins call them a RT so ill leave that to our scouts and TT if they think they can play LT. Brown showed the agility so you would think he could so there are more options. Just dont know if id rank him up 2 rounds because of his agility.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-25-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

I'll go out on a limb and guess Fackrell has given his teams around 70% of Melvin's production at closer to 20% of the cost.
            One of many examples why the Packers had a better roster.

Speaking of: Here is another gem from 5 years ago
            According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Bulaga has agreed to a five-year, $33.75 million deal, which equates to $6.75 million per season.
            Telesco has not yet proven worthy of washing Ted Thompson's jock strap.
            I’m going to disagree with this statement regarding Fackrell vs Ingram.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There is still little and i wouldnt rule out Cosmi. Not at #13 but a trade down would be nice. Cosmi just needs some coaching. There is a lot to like.

Everybody i read on Brown and Jenkins call them a RT so ill leave that to our scouts and TT if they think they can play LT. Brown showed the agility so you would think he could so there are more options. Just dont know if id rank him up 2 rounds because of his agility.
              Reading up on the OTs - it does seem that Little is a true LT prospect. Granted, the injury in 2019 and sitting out 2020 has changed the way he might be thought of. But I think the Chargers need really find a LT and not draft an OT and hope can play LT but is better suited for RT. That could be Cosmi too, possibly Eichenberg. But for those two, thats either a trade down in R1 or in R2

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Ted Thompson was a very good GM. Telesco's record speaks for itself. But hard to compare what Bulaga for on his other deal to this one - different salary cap
                That being said, Thompson was a draft and develop type GM. Telesco comes from Polian and the more I hear of Polian, the less he impresses.
                I think this forum would revolt during FA if Ted Thompson was our GM lol.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I'd be pleased if the Bolts drafted Little at 13. He has all the skills needed to play LT and that's exactly what we need.
                  Of course, I'd sooner have Sewell fall to us.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Malcolm Butler to the Cardinals - -not that I wanted the Chargers to sign him - but one more CB off the market
                    Signing for 3.5m with a max of $6- so the market isn't great for CBs now

Wonder if Hayward would be a fit at 4m or less at this point.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I'd be pleased if the Bolts drafted Little at 13. He has all the skills needed to play LT and that's exactly what we need.
                      Of course, I'd sooner have Sewell fall to us.
                      The more I research Little - the more he is moving up my draft board - possibly even at 13
                      Slater would still be my top choice
                      followed by Jaycee Horn

But Little - made trade back - to the mid to later teens - pick him

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

Whats the reason most of y'all seem to be passing on Darrisaw? Is it just the taking off plays kind of disappearing at times thing, or was there something more that I missed?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

For the record, Darrisaw is my OT3 behind Sewell and Slater.

He’ll be a better pro than college player...(dare I say it?)...just like Herbert.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X